1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mil

mil Member

Yes they have to trade Marion,but they don't have to spend 20 millions to get Shaq.The reason they traded for Shaq was because they have no inside presence and Amare was "killed" guarding Duncun,Bynum and Yao etc.They know without dominent inside presence,their chance to win the champiobship is very slim.that

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i believe you are an idiot... 100%...

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

they should have gone to the finals last yr if the league didn't screw them. they had the best team last year. they couldn't guard duncan, but duncan couldn't guard amare.

shaq is not going to help them win a championship. the reason they made the move is b/c marion was NOT going to resign. he intended to leave the suns when his contract is up. even if he was going to resign, he wanted max money, which the suns wouldn't get.

it's more not being able to sign marion, more than wanting to sign shaq. even the rockets didn't double shaq last night on his best game, you know shaq is not the same.

4. yq_li

yq_li New Member

Totally agree, I wanna see Yao+Wade dominate the east.
    Miami is a much better city and bigger market for Yao.
    Do it immediately!

5. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

But you're the random one. ;)

Just kidding.

No way I think Beastly is going to be better than Yao Ming when it's all said and done. It's hard to make a judgement when you haven't seen the kid play an NBA game, but other than some injuries, Yao has been battle tested for 5 seasons and he's responded well. This season he averages 22/10/2 so that's pretty beast.

The only thing that will cripple Yao's career is injuries. The guy has the talent and the skills and determination and work ethic and everything else to keep going, otherwise. If Yao picks up two more injuries like this, he is going to have a hard time because NO good player will want to come waste their time in Houston knowing that Yao will be injured all the time (assuming McGrady leaves or is traded or isn't resigned by then and we haven't won a championship).

5 seasons, 5 big injuries? If I was a budding NBA superstar I would say no to that. So here's to hoping Yao has his health, and we win a championship within 2 years so it becomes a moot point anyways.

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

That doesn't make sense. Marion was tied to the team for this season and the popular view is that the Shaq acquisition is a move to win now. Shaq's health probably isn't going to allow for anything else. The Shaq move is an attempt to get a ring this year.

I think I'd take Kerr and company at their word on this one: they decided that they needed more size inside to have a chance at winning it all.

7. Cjballa14

Cjballa14 Member

That has nothing to do with this argument... Oden got hurt. If you have seen him play as much as I have over the years and seen his development, you would believe without the injury he sustained he will one day be a top center in the league.

Beasley's hype is off the charts... It's Lebron-ish to some people. Beasleys putting up some of the best numbers of any freshman ever in the NCAA. I mean the dude was averaging 30/20 at one point this season.

I'm not just basing my argument off of speculation. I have seen Beasley, Durant, Oden, and many other hyped players play from middle school to where they are today. Beasley is the top talent I have ever seen in a non-NBA player. (I never got to see Lebron play in person before he was in the NBA)... Anyways...

Last time i checked Darko was not the number 1 pick in that draft.. a man by the name of Lebron James was...

p.s. I love Yao on this team and think he is the best player on the roster but he wasnt even the best big man in the 2002 draft.... that guy, Amare for the slow ones, destroyed us the other day in Phoenix...

8. mil

mil Member

Do you really think that they will spend 20 millions if they don't think Shaq can help them win a championship? My friend,it's 40 millions for 2years and that is not some smaall change.Sure Shaq can't guaranteed a championship but he increases their chance.Duncan and Amare neutralise one another but with Amare and Shaq the Sun has the edge now that they don't have before.Yao used to neutralised Amare before but now when he will have to guard Shaq it will leave more room for Amare to operate his offense.Shaq is on the decline but he is still a force to be recon.He will not be able to single handedly win a championshipfor you but he can help you to win one playing as a role player .If you watch the previous game between the Suns and the Spurs you will know why they 40 millions for an old and declining Shaq.By the way i am not a big fan of Shaq because i don't like the Lakers!

9. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If Amare was as good as you think, the suns would not need Shaq.

That fact simply means that Amare is not a dominant big man!

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we still need a good PF after what happened last yr. that's why we added scola and drafted landry even if we have yao.

the west is so competitive that we need good players at EVERY position. shaq is now a good player, not a great player.

11. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

I don't love Yao Ming but he is the best player in 2002 draft bar none. I would take him over Amare any day of the week.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Shaq is still a dominant big man! There is still no one who can replace him today (since Yao is out of this season). With him, I believe the suns have the best chance to win the west.

p.s., without Amare, the suns still made WC finals two years ago.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...it's been clinically proven by PER Against stats and by every big man going off on the Suns that Amare is quite possibly the worst defensive big man in the league. Meanwhile, Yao anchors a defense that is always around #2-5 in defensive FG% and Points Allowed and also posts a great (but not spectacular) PER Against.

Also, despite having superfreak Marion (who averaged more RPG then Amare, just btw), without Shaq, the Suns had one of the worst rebound differentials in the league. It's improved IMMENSLY with Shaq, which leads you to question Amare's impact rebound-wise. The Rockets, have almost ALWAYS been one of the top teams in rebound differential with Yao (this season we are #1, I think).

There's so much more beyond the head to head stats. And even head to head, I think Yao wins anyways, so eh.

14. ibm

ibm Member

amare has steadily improved his game each year, just like yao. he's indeed a brilliant offensive talent. his rebouding isn't great, ut still decent. the only knock on him is defense. if he can improve his d (a big if, i know), he'd be in the company of kg or td imo.

15. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Well, with 170M a year I would rather have
    1 yao
    1 sheed
    1 prince
    1 kobe
    1 billups

1 howard
    1 td
    1 battier
    1 tmac
    1 cp3

and
    1 kg
    1 lebron

and 1 Marion in the IL

16. smokieethabear

What makes people assume Miami will get 1st pick??? What if they don't? How will Beasley & Marion help when we have Scola and Landry???? How many people do you think we need in the 4 position???? We need to stick with our big man Yao. Ohh and learn to spell Yao. Thanks.

17. Ducky

Ducky Member

Dr. Basketball? does that mean you have a PhD?

a pretty huge D? :eek:

18. Ducky

Ducky Member

I was wondering, those who said to trade Yao, after seeing the game vs. Suns, how do you feel?

19. jason2

jason2 Member

Yao definitely loves to have WADE in EC rather than T-Mac in WC. but we won't let him go :) at least Les won't. Luckily "Dr." is not our PM. :D

20. jerm2010

jerm2010 Member

I'd say T-mac has another 3 years of 20+ppg and he'll play 2 seasons after that then retire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.