1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swhcgd

swhcgd Member

2. TMc1

TMc1 Member

OK...Everybody loves Landry cause he's an explosive, athletic player and he brings energy to the team every moment he plays, BUT there's NO WAY he will be as good as Dwight or Amare. Do you believe he will dominate the paint or draw double teams one day in future? I can't see it. From the ranking of the draft, you can tell there's no way he could match with Dwight or Amare on talent wise. He's simply not as big and athletic as those 2 guys physically and can't match up with the top power forwards on defensive end. On skill side, I barely saw him beat the defense one on one. Most of his shots were created by the double team to Tmac and YAO and ended up with slam dunks (Of course, he has to be smart and athletic enough to get the right position and make those shots).
    In the real playoff games, we need a center like Dwight Howard or Shark who can dominate the paint and create double team at crunch time to increase the chance of winning under the "playoff" defensive pressure. How many times our offense was freezed against good defense team? How many times we got torched in the paint? Can Landry make a big difference? I don't think so... When it comes to match up with the top forward in the league, we need at least a center like YAO who can contribute ALOT on the offensive end in the paint. Landry will be a great addition but not the person who can replace YAO.

I'd love to see Landry grow into a player like Carl Boozer who's also low picked in future but I just don't see it now.

3. Cjballa14

Cjballa14 Member

When its all said and done...

Beasley's career will be better than Yao's... I believe that 100%...

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

No one is offlimits for trading. I have my favorite players, and ones I'd rather see go. But if you are going to trade Yao, you gotta have a plan for who is going to hold down your paint. Without Yao, we are severely undersized down low. I mean we are scraping at 10-day contracts for our 4s and 5d.

5. jondoe

jondoe Member

Marion is realizing right now that he is not a franchise player. Look closely at his numbers on a BAD team. He is not a low post presence. If you rebuilt the rox, get a decent center, get a decent PG, then and only then, its a maybe. But you need a bonus with it. By the way, no way Beasly is going to be amare/howard/garnett. Watch.

6. soulsong999

soulsong999 Member

For some reason, the thread title reads like

"A love I would trade to make"

to me. Isn't this a contradiction to "money can't buy love"?

Sorry... I do apologise. I will try to keep my acts clean in another thread.

7. jondoe

jondoe Member

The guys that need to be traded are: Rafer, Head, Chuck. Maybe we can get a bag of peanuts. Well, I think Rafer has some juice now that he had some press during the 22 game winning streak. I bet someone bites on him. Head and Chuck are so cheap, they are easy to move. All I want for christmas is a 6'9" athletic (SORRY SCOLA) PF that can play D and hit a midrange...hint...Haslem.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was thinking Tyler Hansborough..

9. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

lol :D

10. ThaBlackKnight

You make a good point, I forgot that Landry was out for all of those games...but Yao still creates his own shot and scores much easier, than having Tmac penetrate, and find somebody Landry cutting or relying on others to hit open 3's.

Landry is a good, high energy rookie right now, will be a good solid PF in this league, but he will never replace a Yao Ming on the offensive or defensive end, thats simply the truth.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

What has been missing for Yao all this time is a player like Landry. Curry a similar type of player did not score as many pts or rebound as when he had David Lee boxing out, rebounding and as a scoring threat. I think Landry will really help Yao out in the Front court.

12. tracycookie

tracycookie Member

then Heat is gonna be the HOME team of CHINA :eek:

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

You are 100% unsure. Nobody know at this point.

14. ibm

ibm Member

evry year there're hypes about certain players that are going into the draft. every year we hear stuff like "this player is gonna be the next ___." i don't but that. i think we should see with our own eyes when it actually happens.

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

EXACTLY !!!

When Greg Oden was heaped with all kinds of hype and praises last year before the darft, everyone was saying he is going to be the next dominant centre to beat Yao Ming and Dwight Howard.

He had not even play a single game in NBA as of now.

Nuff said. :rolleyes:

16. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

Yeah but that does not mean that it will not happen. The guy was injured and never played so we don't know what Oden can and can not due as of yet.

17. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

What a disgusting post!
    You underbred b*stard, shame on you

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yup or be the next Olawakandi or Darko Milicic. Fine number one draft picks at that.

19. neobomb

neobomb Member

this thread sucks soo bad MARION is GARBAGE HE WAS A PRODUCT OF THE SUNS SYSTEM.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well he said that was because he didn't get enough playing time in Detroit. If Detroit had given him more playing time he would have been a star now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.