1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A trade I would love to make

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

There are situations where you play better w/o Yao, there are situations where you play better w/o tmac, there are situation where you play better w/o Battier, ...

This Yao and tmac's team, deal with it.

We have been building around them and we need players who can mask they're flaws just like every other team does. :rolleyes:

The mavs don't play another soft bad defender next to Dirk or a slow non shooter next to Jkidd, everyone has holes in their game.

Our biggest problem has been that we aren't scoring enough. Our stars' biggest advantages are on that end and yet we don't score very well. As long as we get the ball in good spots for the team to score we can win but if we go back to this dump it down to yao with no movement or give it to tmac and spot up offense we will lose.

Tmac's a liability on D and at times Yao is too but they both match up nightmares for most teams.

2. jeffchen

jeffchen Member

Please do this trade!!!!!!
    Then Yao and Wade will definitely make one of the most powerful teams in the weak east.
    And by this way, Yao will probably keep fit in the next few yrs because he needn't do that mush work as he is in Houston.
    Belive me, Yao + Wade >= champion of the eastern league!

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Seriously you guys talking about trading any one of our stars is crazy. Many teams don't have one player as good as these guys, we just haven't had the best opportunities of getting good role players.

This might be the first time we have multiple guys coming off of our bench that would actually play on other teams. Half of our active roster has played in the dleague! The reason we lose is because our role players aren't anywhere close to other teams. The lakers (when healthy) have Lamar Odom as their 4th option, who do we have?

When you really think about it we should be congratulating our stars for playing as well as they have without any help on offense.

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

What if Golden State figures out they cant win a championship without a dominate big man and offer Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson for Yao Ming.

Would Golden State do such a thing? They would still have Baron Davis, Monta Ellis, Pietrus, Belinelli, Barnes basically all there running guys that score alot in transition. They would save money under the cap.

Then Houston would have a monster line up.

They could swing a deal with Denver to get Marcus Camby to replace Yao.
    Jackson, Francis, Head, Novak, Hayes for Camby.

Camby/Harrington
    Scola/Landry
    Jackson/Battier
    McGrady
    Alston/Brooks

They would have to sign the best possible back up to T-Mac or just have a 3 man rotation between T-Mac, Jackson, Battier

But this is still a sick line up that can score in bunches and still play good defense.

Our wings are all 6'8 or taller and our smalls are 6'8 or taller with a variety of ways to score or shut people down.

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i would absolutely love this trade. Trading Yao for Marion and Beasley would be a STEAL. unfortunately theres no way the Heat would be giving up a potential #1 pick in this year's draft. They wouldnt trade the #1 pick for Yao.

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

So basically you want to turn us into the GSW's. Go away kid ya bother me.

7. 1#&11#

1#&11# Member

I don't need to talk about Yao any more.
    Let's talk about Alexander.
    His assets got a 10-fold increase since ROX picked Yao.
    Trading Yao?His answer would be very short:NO WAY!
    Everything is business.
    He is not an idiot.

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

we're trading a superstar (Yao) for a potential hall of famer (Beasley) and a perennial all-star (Marion). i'd do it in a heartbeat.

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Not exactly the same as Golden State this team playes much better defense now probably better defense then with Yao and more ways to exploit the defense we would see. Suns Amare would get torched on the perimeter by Harrington and increase our chances of getting a offensive rebound because his range would pull other teams 4's and 5's away from the basket like Okur does with the Jazz with just range from that position. Watching Mutombo start a break is inspiring imagine what Camby would do.

10. yulenice

yulenice Member

I think he do not know how to kill himself ,But it is not a good idear to him.It is a life.

11. Cjballa14

Cjballa14 Member

This thread is comedy...

1st... pryuen, i lost all respect for you for overreacting to this thread like you did...Dude you need to relax and learn to respect peoples opinions..and not jump on people for switching letters in Yao's name... its not that big of a deal... it was probably just a typo

2nd... Mike Beasley is going to be better than Kevin Durant/any rookie not named Lebron James in the past 8 years was...(including Yao his rookie year).

3rd...While there is no way Miami would accept Yao for Marion AND the 1st pick in the draft(it will take the 1st pick to get Beasley), I could definitely see this trade being beneficial for us.

1. Yao is obviously injury prone.. Shawn Marion..not so much.(or beasley in his HS and college career)

2. We could use the MLE to pick up a center...

3. Marion can play the 3... We can start him at the three and have a team of... Alston/McGrady/Marion/Beasley/Scola(Landry)... That team is extremely athletic and very skilled on both offense and defense... Battier, Landry, Head, Hayes, etc. off the bench would be nice. Battier would be a 6th man of the year candidate.

Anyways... Yall remember this is a message board with people who are going to speak thier opinions... Learn to respect them. If you dont like a proposal.. say why with facts, not insults, and move on... You dont have to insult someone for how they feel on a trade proposal. Ive wish we could get Marion on this team for three years now. He's the perfect 3/4 combo player, just costs too much... but im out.... if you want to hate on what ive said, go ahead...

I still feel the league has adapted to where you dont need a dominant center to win...(i.e. Celtics this year...)

12. WillG

WillG Member

I would do it but the rockets would still need a C and the would have 3 PFs. How would they split minutes?

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I have a better idea...Oden, Aldridge, Outlaw, Roy, Jack, and Frye for McGrady. Hey, its legal.

In other words, F'in ridiculous.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

you never needed a dominant center, just someone you can go to in the post who can score consistently. Jumpers don't always fall so you need it. MJ is the only exception. Shawn Marion can't score consistently in the low post. Find me a team that's won it all w/o a good post scorer or Jordan. They don't exist.

The Celtics have Kevin Garnett who is one of the best low post offensive and defensive players in this league, a future hall of famer. Its disrespectful to the game to overlook his low post skill ask Scola about it.

Duncan, Sheed, Shaq, Olajuwon, Kareem....

15. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Why you want to trade him to east? It is b/c you know Rockets won't have answer to Yao. If Yao is the weak link, why not trade this weak link to Rockets' rivals? Trade him to Hornets for David West and sweep Hornets in the next 5 years.

16. lawe

lawe Member

Yao for Marion? are you kidding me?
    then we will be the only one team without low post offense in the playoffs...
    what can Marion do? throwing 3p with his ugly shooting?...
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

And take Scolandry minutes.

18. lawe

lawe Member

every disease can be cured except stupid...
    god bless u

19. Zfan

Zfan Member

You Dr. Basketball want Beasley like hell. I don't want to upset you, but I have to remind you trading Yao to Miami will not guarantee a Beasley draft pick.

In order to get Beasley, you must do the followings:
    1. Trade Yao to Miami for Matrix and 1st round pick.
    2. Trade Tmac to Knicks for Crawford/Curry and 1st round pick.
    3. Trade Shane and Rafer to Wolves for 1st round pick.
    4. Trade Scola, Landry and bobby to Seatle for anybody and 1st round pick.

Then you will have a pretty good chance to draft your beloved Beasley. Happy?? Do it in your TV game because it will never happen in reality.

20. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Did I NOT rebuke this Dr. Who-doesn't-know-Basketball WHY I don't think his proposal flies and that his proposed trade makes no business or basketball sense?? :rolleyes:

Did you see how he hid his head into his turtle-back, and run like a chicken and could not respond to my reasoning, but just resort to some name-calling and personal insulting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.