1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-MAC Says "He's Tired" ... Blames Team mates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

they are tired. everyone

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

cause it's indoor, even it was snowing, so what?

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Dude it takes longer to drive in heavy rain and snow to get to the gym.

4. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

A player averaging 8 assists to go with 15 points is just as good as a player who averages 26 points and 1 assist. Typical fan, always looking at the points. Each assist is worth 2 points, so that means 15+16 = 31, or if you want to see it as converting half those 8 assists, then it's 23 ppt and 4 ast. How the else is Chuck Hayes and Deke going to score? How else would Shane hit that 3 he has to set up, scratch his ass, and shoot? Oh, I know, T-Mac is *giving* them that ball. When T-Mac is heavily responsible for a majority of that 22 win streak, I'd say he's earned his 19 million.

5. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

By the way, if you switch T-Mac with Kobe during that 22 win streak after Yao went down I'd say that streak ends at 12, while the Lakers continue to be fighting for the first seed with T-Mac and Gasol.

6. skip to my lou

i rather him be a 25,5,5 than a 15,8,8 any day of the week..yes he makes people better but this streak was with everybody's help i mean before yao went out he was in a horrible funk but others picked it up and for people using that he is tired excuse look at shane who has to guard kobe bryant,paul pierce and baron davis this week or rafer who has to guard chris paul,monta ellis and steve nash for 30 plus minutes while t-mac doesnt even guard anybody but he is still a great player he just has to adjust somethings

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If it makes you feel any better Skip to my Lou, I dont think any pro athlete deserve what they make!

8. skip to my lou

I dont like getting into that but imo when you make 19 mill you have to take a lot of responsibility i mean being paid that much is a privilege that you earn but with that you have to take on a lot and produce for people to compare t-mac to shane,scola or rafer is just stupid there is a reason why he is being paid 19 mill while they get paid under 6 mill and that is being the superstar he is and not a role player

9. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

Well, good news for you. For the record, the past month he's more like 20, 8, 8 than 15, 8, 8, but besides that point, he's getting triple teamed on defense and the other guys aren't stepping up. His problem isn't so much that he's tired, it's that guys didn't step up in the two losses when he gave them good wide-open looks. Adelman's system is designed for T-Mac to score roughly 20 ppt, and near 10 assists because guys like Mike Harris, Rafer, Shane, Head, Bobby Jackson are supposed to hit them when they're wide opened. If he doesn't get that, the opponent will leave them wide open and make it impossible for Tracy to score. Tracy doesn't have the scoring level of Lebron or Kobe, but he does exceed them in passing. Why would you ask someone like that to beat teams with 30 ppt when that's not his strength? T-Mac gets his points when the others are involved. If you want a shoot first player, why not suggest trading T-Mac for Gilbert Arenas. Now there's a guy who'll shoot us to the lottery.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Look at Steven Francis as well as a lot of other Pro Athletes. They dont produce at all.

You hear Tmac on national MVP considerations and his numbers arent exactly bad. You said you rather have points then assist but I rather have assist then points. Why? Because an assist is worth the same as 2 points but you also get your teammates involved and build their confidence up.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

blah fixed

12. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

If you're going to go there with his contract, then you have to see what he gave us in the past four seasons overall. The stats are there and the wins were there ( except the playoffs ). You act like T-Mac never scored over 25 ppt during his time here. He did that a majority of the time!

13. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

Who's STEVEN Francis?

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Some guy that sits on the bench and gets paid millions and millions. DAMM YOU STEVEN!!

Sorry no edit button. Rookies aren't allow such dangerous tools to fix errors.

15. skip to my lou

t-mac is a great player and i dont want him traded but the excuses have to stop i mean we were tied going into the 4th quarter aganist N.O that's when t-mac should have said "ok it's time for me to take us home" and just kill them like bonzi did. do you really think peja or morris peterson can guard t-mac?

16. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

His name is Steve. Not Steven...only his mother calls him Steven :cool:

17. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

He had an off-game. Let it go. What if he scores 30 ppt, 10 ast, and 8 reb. in the game tomorrow against the Warriors? Your boy Skip scores 31 ppt against Jordan Farmar and you orgasm, but God forbid T-Mac gets 8 and then 15 points and all is wrong with the world. Stop it. Calm down. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Im not arguing with you there. Same reason why I hate when fans use the Yao's tired excuse over and over. Tmac played with no effort at all. He had only Peja on him and he was unwilling to play him 1vs1. He passed the ball right back after he recieved a couple of passes. With that said, the team just won 22 games not long ago.

19. skip to my lou

I dont mind him having off games i just hate the excuses like "im tired" even if the rox lose every game from now on im still going to cheer them on but just leave out the excuses and play hard thats it and imo he wasnt playing hard in the past three games might i add the most important games to date

20. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Right on!