1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After last 2 games I have a question about TMac.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Calderon would make the team assist go up, turnovers go down, steals go up, 3 point% up, field goal% up, freethrow% up, no doubt he is the best option out there who can make his team mates better he would make Scola and Landry better and the team more efficient overall and even make T-Mac better. Calderon is a threat offensively and contibutes to a team more so than Alston in fact alot more with less minutes.

Trading T-Mac is bogus you dont do that at all that dont help the team at all it makes it worst.

Remember T-Mac scoring over 40 vs Utah on the road that was because he was scoring off screens alot and the offense seems to have gone away from that more and more each game.

2. skip to my lou

I dont agree about making his teamates better.. he is a better shooter without a question but everything else rafer does better steals,rebounds,plays way better D,blocks shots and i think jose calderon assist would drop since t-mac dominates the ball most of the time but his jumpshot is very deadly

3. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

lol... so if he doubled... doesnt it mean he does less work on the offensive end... I didnt know it took so much energy to pass the ball.... I know relentlessly driving to the basket like kobe or Lebron doesnt require much energy but....

4. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

I don't know how you could watch the hornets game and even try to say that tmac wasnt somewhat lazy. Now im not saying he was just being lazy the entire game, he did good in the first half. But the second half looked like our team just gave up. There were many times on defense where he was he looked lazy. One time he was just jogging after a fastbreak from peja when I know i have seen him run hard before in the same situation and even block the shot. Some other times he was just kind of standing there and not looking like he even wanted to be playing defense. Mainly I just thought tmac looked kind of lazy on defense more than offense. The offense isnt completely his fault but I also thought that he should be able to score more than just 2 points in a half, maybe thats just me. Tired or not, there is no excuse for being even a little bit lazy. There is a difference between tired and lazy. I am OK with a player being tired every once in a while, but that doesn't mean he has an excuse to be lazy too. If you are tired then I still want to see some effort. Sometimes it just looks like tmac doesnt give all the effort he could give. Im not saying trade tmac or anything near that, but if you are the highest paid player on the team, you should be giving it 100% on every possession, offense AND defense.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I didn't say anything about energy...

tmac doesn't have the same level of atheleticism that kobe and lebron have anymore. It would be difficult for either one of them to do anything with that type of defense on them but no one does that to them because their teammates can score when open.

This isn't very new it is just more evident with yao out, Teams basically key in on those two guys and double them on the catch or on the PnR.

If someone is doubled then someone else is open and that person should be able to score or do something that leads to a scoring or they shouldn't be in the NBA.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If so it is sad. . . .
    that it takes a rookie to motivate and rejuvinate a Vet Super Star

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gabe Mouneke said Peja is bigger, faster and stronger
    than he looks on TV . . . . but then again . . Gabe Mouneke isn't paid 20 Mil a year

Rocket River