1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AntiSonic, Oct 10, 2007.

Tags:
  1. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

just played brawl and it's the first nintendo published game on the wii i think that's worth purchasing.

i didn't like melee so i had low expectations to begin with.

my only complains would be that the wii's controller sucks.
    takes forever to find a match online.
    online lags like crazy. a 2 minute match took over 5 minutes to play because the game would just freeze for over 10 seconds at a time every half second. when it's running smooth, it's pretty fun.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I tried to play online earlier, but none of the people I've added from this thread were "friends" yet. It just said "Awaiting Registration" or whatever. I then tried to play random people online and couldn't even get a single match. And the last match I played online the other night took about 7 minutes to finish because it was the worst lag I've ever seen. I stuck with it out of sheer curiosity.

3. wink2moochie07

Whoever you added HAS to add you too for it to work...

4. ClutchCityReturns

Yeah...I know that lol. A00man, for example, has added me already...but he still doesn't show up as my friend yet.

5. A00man

A00man Member

Really? It shows up on mine that you're on my buddy list.

6. ClutchCityReturns

Yeah, it did for me too but it was after I posted. I'd get on right now and test it out but unfortunately I'm not at home tonight.

7. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I'll add my FC later if anyone from Clutchfans wants to play. With Anyone works unbelievably well and I enjoy it already, but playing someone from Clutch would be..... interesting. :)

8. A00man

A00man Member

I'm down. I still haven't gotten a chance to play with CCR or LFE from here. I'd love to get some games in one of these days. Brawl is a blast! I also don't see it ever getting old. :)

9. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Agreed! I'll post my FC when I get home from work and what not.

10. wink2moochie07

Anyone want to play in the next few minutes?

11. Dreamlead

Dreamlead Member

I think I will finally make a post...it's been a while.

Brawl friend code: 3780-8839-4600
    Wii Friend Code (for those interested): 5102-3708-2953-6848

I may not play online for a bit as I like to collect things first. If I do play, it'll probably be in the evenings. I will probably try to play this weekend...

12. A00man

A00man Member

So got off work early today. I'm playing right now. Anybody want to join in right now?

13. ClutchCityReturns

Out sick from work today. I'm in.

14. A00man

A00man Member

Cool, but I don't see you online.

15. MystikArkitect

Friend Code: 0216-0661-8250

Registered A00man, CCR and Dreamlead. I'm usually down for matches from 8-10 evenings. Pretty much just post around those times and I'll be down for matches. On right now actually.

16. ClutchCityReturns

I set up a match and waited for a while, but nothing happened. Then I played SSE.

17. A00man

A00man Member

Sorry I had to go CCE. That was fun though! Those were some nice matches we had. It usually went to sudden death, and then I'd lose, damn it.

The last one sucked! I was trying to avoid you at the end because it was a tie game. I ended up rolling too far to the left and it killed me with a second left! :(

We should definitely play again though. :)

18. ClutchCityReturns

Yeah, good games.

But after finally playing an online match with a "friend", I realize just how much Nintendo F'd up by omitting any kind of chat. I also thought I had set all items to OFF but then they started appearing. What's up with that?

On that last match I thought you killed yourself on purpose to avoid Sudden Death. I figured you might have been in a hurry or something, especially since you left right after that.

Who was PLUG?

19. A00man

A00man Member

Plug is a friend who I added from the IGN message boards. The match got way too laggy with him in there. It was better when it was people living locally.

And yea, Nintendo's online plan isn't the most user friendly system. I couldn't even say I had to leave. I just kind of left... It's annoying to not be able to communicate at all. I don't know what was up with the items. I was just choosing my character, click on random for stage, and start.

The last match, I wasn't trying to intentionally kill myself. My % was over a 120 or something, and one hit could've killed me. I knew we were tied and with like 10 seconds to go, I was trying to avoid getting close. I ended up rolling too far to the left and got killed by accident! :mad:. Haha, yea stupid, but it was pretty funny now that I think about it. Lol.