1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis -- Hornets 90, Rockets 69

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. HCoog

HCoog Member

Who was the f***** NO fan at the end of the game in the front row that stood up and did the sliting throat thing 20 times in a row anyone see that?

2. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Tracy is only human,He's been playing 48 minutes a game the last 3-4

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I am really befuddled by the whole Landry thing. If he doesn't dress up for the next game, I will be seriously pissed. I don't know if it's his call or what, but I am seriously annoyed by that whole thing.

4. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Actually the Rockets kind of made up for the absence of Yao by driving to the paint.

They get tired, they drive less and the lack of size/presence in the post rears its ugly head.

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Bonzi outscored the Rockets in 4th quarter. :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

you know Allen Iverson averages that many mpg for the WHOLE SEASON.... and he is older than Mcgrady....

I dont think Mcgrady is tired... I think he is just a giant p***y.

7. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Maybe we should rest T-Mac for next two games. Give him a breath. With him, we can't win either one.

8. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

I can only say that we miss Yao and Landry, we need low post dominator. To those Yao haters, I can definitely say Rockets are just an average team without Yao.

9. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Wining streaks are tough fellas. I was reading somewhere that after the 20 game win streak by the Bucks, they went like 3-9 afterwards and still won the championship. The 33 win streak lakers went 2-4 after their win streak. Don't sweat it.

And yes 48 min's may not seem like much when you are playing Halo or watching a movie. But constant activity in basketball is actually more tiring then if you just jogged for 48 minutes with a couple breaks. In basketball you are changing directions, shooting, stopping on a dime, running back and forth and up and down, pushing and shoving.

I'm sure some of you got tired just reading that. But that is fact, anyone who played any high impact sports(baseball doesn't count) knows this.

10. supergokuken

supergokuken Rookie

NEXT GAME SAME THING WITH NO LITTLE BEACH PTS. BY Sat we well drop to 7th place in the west :eek:

11. Texacali Rocket

the last 2 games Hayes has played a lot more minutes than he had been. Hayes in = no offense

RA's rotations have really changed the last 2 games also. I wonder what his strategy was with that???? Lowest point totals with very limited rotations,, strange thought process from the coach. When you have Hayes, Mutumbo and Battier on the court for much of the game with Alston and Mac that really leaves only 2 guys on the court looking to score

12. Rocks4ever

Rocks4ever Contributing Member

Untimely turnovers in both the second and third quarters turned the momentum in this game, allowing the Hornets to jumpstart their offense with easy baskets.

Taking care of the ball was one of the hallmarks of this team during the streak. We need to get back to this in addition to better movement and spacing.

Our pick and roll offense has gone down the tubes with the absence of Landry.

I hope that we'll be seeing more of Novak and Head these next games against the Warriors and the Suns. Being able to score is a necessity against these teams.

13. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I'd actually go as far as saying the Rox are:

A Great Team with Yao
    A very good team with Landry
    and just good without both.

14. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

you mean 2 of his last 6... Now the mcgrady nut huggers are making up stats... Look.... there are PLENTY of players in the league that exert more work throughout the season than Mcgrady....

15. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Do you have stats to back that up?

16. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The team looks tired, physically and mentally, after this road trip coming up i think they'll have their edge back. But, this road trip might get real ugly though!

i love these guys no matter what, and even though they had nothing in the 4th quarter, i believe in them.

tracy will be fine, he is just recharging his lithium ion pack(especially defensively).

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

He cant drive......or split double teams........I love mcgrady......and im not hating.......but its the truth.......nobody knows what to think about tmac.........he will come out and hit some of his contested fade aways and he looks good.........But he cant drive.....so he dribbles from the double team and then passes(nice pass) to a shooter.........which has been falling...........but jumpers dont just keep falling.........We need paint points..........and we cant do it..........when we got in a scoring slump they would force it down into yao.......Now what will they do........I dont think landy is the answer..........But i do want him back

18. smokieethabear

We need inside scoring. T-Mac please get more aggressive and drive in. Landry hurry up and get that knee un-bruised! Yao, well just get well but damn do we miss you in the paint. Deke, great game for you! Shane, you played decent game. Scola ehh don't really have much to say except you should have made some of those shots. Chuck! Why can't you just make your easy inside buckets! The whole Rockets team, What the hells wrong with the freethrows?????

19. A13

A13 Member

It is What It is...

20. marciagong

marciagong Member

I was worried about this last week. Damn the tough schedule, 5 games in 7 days, 2 B2B, all against elite teams. Not to mention two dog fight games against Hawks and Bobcats, which we thought would be relatively easy. Our guys are clearly out gas. Hopefully they can catch a breath after this week.