1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 3/18/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2008.

1. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

Some quick points.

* On 1.02.08, Celtics beats Rockets by only 4 points, 97-93.

* Celtics beat Spurs Monday night by only 2, 93-91!
    * On 1.19.08, Rockets also beat Spurs by 2, 83-81.

* but Tuesday night, Celtics beat Rockets by 20!?? :eek:

how did that happen? If Spurs can come within just 2
    points of beating Celtics like they did on Monday, then
    surely Rockets can do even better against Celtics because
    we are better team than the Spurs! so what happened?

Must be because we missing Yao this time. it seems we
    got no chance against Celtics without him! :mad:

2. kwng

kwng Member

I am not too much disappointed with the loss but I am upset the margin of the loss. 20 pts loss margin implicated lack of heart or fighting will.

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Tough loss.

Throughout the 4th period I kept hearing a line from the Matrix in my head.

Just before Cypher pulls the plug on Switch, she says:

"Not like this. Not like this."

4. battousai

battousai Member

Well, losing to Boston isn't the worst thing at all. They did played better than us. They did deserved the win.

Few things that I saw that could of propell us to get a chance to win or at least closing the gap.

-We ready missed Yao and Landry out there, like last couple of games, our weakness has been exposed. Landry needs to be back soon.

-we have no interior presence, Scola is no match vs KG. we can't rebound or go after miss shots like the way celtic did it.

-our motion was bad, give credits to the celtic D, they limited our motion.

-great D on Tmac, they locked down the painted area so well, we couldn't penetrate at all.

- think we got too emotional in this game, everyone seems so tensed and tight.

5. FJ10

FJ10 Member

regret... :( but expect more!!!
    where new streak happens. :)

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

All good things come to an end, this is not the end of the world! Will get them next time in the finals!

7. A13

A13 Member

No more miracle, But that's OK.

Let's Start again. Do not Give up.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

There isn't a single team in the league that would have beat Boston last night the way they were playing. Period.

9. verti89

verti89 Member

I too wish that more of the fans had stayed to show love, but with that said I thought the remaining fans did an excellent job with the standing ovation. I have been a bit concerned that when it ended it would end in a blow out so I guess i take some consellation in the fact that it came against the best team in the nba. I just wish that jackass rockets fan a couple rows in front of me hadn't been so obnoxious to the family in front of them who were C fans. Here is hoping we get another shot at the C's this year.

10. laneh

laneh Member

1. This game was really not that important
    2. Hornets are key tonight
    3. Good run and a good end - the best team in the NBA is always a tough one

11. Texacali Rocket

it was a great streak and I was very appreciative for it - With the streak the Rockets managed to get on national TV for a few games so I got to watch them finally from the westcoast - How sweeet it is..

12. Texacali Rocket

BTW - All BB fans in the bay area were rooting for the Rockets - Everyone wanted them to play GS Warriors Friday with the streak still intact. They all seem to think that the warriors would break the streak.. Tom Tolbert had great things to say about the streak but thinks the Warriors match up good against our Rockets

13. fanwq

fanwq Member

I am really proud of what Rockets did in last 22 games.
    Another beginning will begin!
    Go, Rockets.

14. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I'm ready for the next streak :)

Laughed my ass off at halftime when they were replaying Rafer's steal and layup in slow motion and Charles is yelling 'DON'T LOOK BACK AT HIM RAFER! DON'T DO IT!' as Rafer gives Sam a sly look before scoring.

Also realized I need some new friends, every lame-ass friend I have wussed out on going to watch the game somewhere :mad:

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I'm actually glad the streak ended...

The bandwagon fans will cool down...

and that would put less pressure on the Rockets

HEY GUYS, WE'RE STILL THE BEST IN THE WEST!!

16. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I blame the end of the streak on going to Wizards here in Dallas...We never seem to win a game when going there...:)

However, I do think this may be a good thing as the pressure is off...We played like crap, very tired...Now we can focus on the games ahead without all of the hoopla of the "streak"...

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I really think that ex-Rockets defensive coach really made the difference for the Celtics understanding our teams defensive play and our weakness.

18. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Boston will be the 08 champs! No way we can beat them.

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

After seeing what I saw last night, I can't imagine any team coming out of the west and beating the Celtics. We're going to be fighting each other to the death in what will mostly be 6-7 game series. Boston is going to have a cake walk to the finals where they'll probably sweep the first two rounds and have plenty of rest before they face the Pistons.

Having said that, that was the best effort I've ever seen in a twenty point loss. We're off the high of the streak, lets go back to being under everyone's radar and taking care of business.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

mike wilbon was at the game last night. here's what he had to say about the celtics' defense on tracy.

i'm not excusing him b/c he was too passive himself, but i don't blame him for having trust in his teammates. they did it v. the lakers. but i think now he has to understand he has to score for us. the lakers game was just alston getting hot.

There was nothing magical for the Rockets on this night. The Celtics held McGrady to eight points on 4-of-11 shooting, sometimes employing three defenders. "In my 11 years in the NBA I've never seen defense like that," McGrady said. "And they played [Monday night] while we were at home watching them play." Told of McGrady's assessment of the Boston defense, the Celtics' Kevin Garnett said: "That's a helluva statement. [Tell him] thank you."

even he said boston put 2, sometimes 3, guys on tmac. again KG was shading everywhere tmac was to prevent the drive.

and it's not a coincidence tmac said this. tmac has said he faced the best defense twice in his career. in 02-03 v. the wolves, he said KG defended him the best ever. now in 07-08, kg is part of a team that is the best defense he has ever faced.

give props to where it's due. boston played great D last night.

but hopefully tmac will see that yes the role players have stepped up, but they're not stars. we'll see how he responds tonight.