1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac = MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Do WHAT?, Mar 18, 2008.

1. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Lets look at how many of those baskets were assisted by McGrady. McGrady was responsible for the most points for the Rockets - he had the second most rebounds - and he didn't turn the ball over a la Scola or Alston.

But no - people still want to put the blame on McGrady. That's fine - delude yourself.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Blowing leads and getting rolled in the first round of the playoffs every year doesn't count for much, sorry.

3. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

For all the trash talking you're providing you've come up with nothing substantial. :rolleyes:

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

No you don't have to but don't hate for no reason. Well I guess that's your right as a fan. Just ask yourself this, since you're such a die hard fan, why hate on McGrady?

Do all those guys you put ahead of McGrady, do they deserve to be critiscized when they lose a single game? I mean, there are fans who do that, and they are generally considered stupid or bandwagon fans.

You aren't one of those, are you?

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Nice cop out. Really - original material.

6. sab504

sab504 Member

Well theres mcgrady fans who praise him to the end of the world. I am giving them reasons why he isnt a top player in the NBA anymore. We need Yao to do any kind of damage. This is not tmac team because his passion for the game make me sick. I hate watching a so called superstar that plays like someone in this thread mention a $2 $lut.

7. sab504

sab504 Member

I am a fan of the game first. If you're fan of the game.You can see the difference in effort the players put in. Even if kobe shoots 30 times. Hes still trying his best to win the game. Can you say the same for mcgrady? Sometimes I question myself that and when that happens, its where the criticism starts. Its just like KG in his last year in minnesota. I am no bandwagoner and by all means I hope Mcgrady and yao wins at least one championship together, but for now mcgrady has done nothing special and deserves all the criticism.

8. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Not to Rick Adelman: Make sure McGrady takes 30 shots a game so fans think he's playing hard. Thank You.

PS: Make sure to subpoena any fans who call McGrady a ball hog for "try[ing] his best to win the game."

I can't believe you tried to create a parallel between KG in Minny and McGrady in Houston.

9. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Note*

10. bbjai

bbjai Member

so he deserves the criticism to play team basketball?

last time I checked we went on this streak by playing team basketball.

Do you even know how to play basketball?

or do you like playing 5 on 1 all the time?

Kobe shot 30 shots, look where that got him :rolleyes:
    I bet you if T-mac took 30 shots everyone on this board would be having a cry about bad percentages

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can't figure out why the Rockets didn't run any mid-post isolation sets for McGrady in the third quarter to get him going.

12. ShadyMcGrady

ohhhh lol ok I see how it is

When Kobe shoots 33 times and makes only 11, he tried to win the game? But if T-Mac shot 33 and made only 11, you'd be singing a different tune. it's "hey T-Mac, pass the damn ball you are sucking" or "T-Mac shot us out of the game"

It's ok man a lot of fans do it, it's a natural reaction. I am also a fan of the game, I don't blame Yao more than neccessary when he messes up. I do blame T-Mac, it's not that I don't, there are plenty of things I think t-mac could do better and I get frustrated with him sometimes, but he's not always at fault.

take a step back man and look at it. if tmac shot 11/33 and shot us out of the game (the lakers could have won that game if they kept going to their bread and butter play with lamar down low) you would not even THINK about "oh he tried to win the game" would you? Be honest. I dont care what your response is.

we got exposed on national tv tonight. No post presence, no bigs, no good shooting means no win for rockets.

T-Mac put in effort tonight, abeit not the hardest, but he was out there playing pretty hard considering how many minutes he's logged lately. That dive for the ball when the game was getting out of reach was not just a token effort, he actually went for it. He was doubled everywhere he went and we weren't making them pay, we were all a step slow. You better get used to that double and triple of T-Mac in the playoffs.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Speaking of MVP, I certainly think CP3, Kobe and Lebron are far more deserved than TMAC. Cuz they would not only get 8 points with such a big loss trailed by 20, even with Celtics. Plus, after a loss, Tracy is always tending to find some excuses, such as I am tired, rival's double team or power defense,etc. I think he
    is the only one player who 's complaining tried recently on this team. Chunk Hayes, Battier and Alston maybe the same tired as TMAC, but they never give a **** about that, just fighting like a man. This totally proves a truth that TMAC is a softie, although i dont want to admit it. ……Hey, listen, I am not a ROX hater,
    I love this team very much. when Rox got 22 str8 wins, i am really on cloud nine.
    Actually tonight's game, we have a great chance beat Celtics. But from stats, we could see our every player played as usual except TMAC. He's sucks. Btw, you cant expect Alston get 30 every night as vs LAKERS, so TMAC has to step up when the game getting toughed. If TMAC cant cheer up in the next few games, we will be in danger. :eek:

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

T-Mac is playing a different game these days. He's looking to set up his teammates. Although I sorta miss the T-Mac that dueled Dirk to a standstill. If you watch the clip, that Mav's defense was nothing like the Celtics defense.

T-Mac 48 pts
    Dirk 53 pts

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7KRmnc6TtUE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7KRmnc6TtUE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

On assists, CP3 >>>>> TMAC

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

T-Mac is unstoppable when he's only got one defender on him.

17. picknroll

picknroll New Member

alright, I've been a big t-mac fan ever since his Orlando days and it's painfully obvious now that he's nowhere near the player he was. ppl in the media, like doug collins, barkley, tim ledger on espn, etc, all think he's a superstar who can "carry his team" or have that "extra gear" to take over a quarter and dominate a game. t-mac does not have that anymore.

i repeat, TRACEY MCGRADY does not have that ability anymore. after watching as many rockets games as I can, it's pretty obvious that t-mac doesn't go to the rim, either because he's afraid of the contact, afraid of being forced to make clutch free throws, or can't because his 1st step is alot slower than it once was.

In fact, it looks like he's hesitant to look for his own shot. in the lakers game, freakin vladamir radmanovic defended tmac initially and tmac, instead of taking advantage and blowing by him, chose to dribble a little, and take a step back jumper. and what's crucial is that for tmac to be able to pass well, he's got to penetrate more. he's not doing that. his passes are around the perimeter, or he'll drive a little, not get within 4 ft of the rim, hope a defender helps on him UNNECESSARILY, and pass to a semi open battier/alston/jackson.

essentially, the rockets offense is getting by, or was getting by because opposing players, coaches, media members, BELIEVE in the myth of tracy mcgrady as a superstar who could take over games. so they'd plan their defense around preventing him from getting hot, ie, doubling him alot and hoping to live and die by a rafer 3. well, the celtics were the 1st team to really play tmac straight up most of the time, and force him to beat them...and we know what happened.

i predict that in the next month, teams will slowly start defending tmac straight up and we won't get open 3s anymore. in fact, we'll have to witness the public exposure of a has-been, a once superstar who was my favorite player in the nba. a player who at his prime was the best player in the nba, better than kobe, vince, pierce, etc...

just my 2 cents, im not trying to hate on tmac, i'm just realistically acknowledging his limitations.

18. James23

James23 Member

Unstoppable? How can he be unstoppable when he can't consistently knocking down long jumpers? The guy loves to pull up for those long 2's. When Yao was playing, he would set screens and get T-mac wide open looks 7-10 times a game, and he would miss more than 50% of the times. Why is he only shooting ~44%?

19. ShadyMcGrady

He's unstoppable the same way that LeBron James was unstoppable in the Finals last year. :p

20. colin2008

colin2008 Member

seems impossible