1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Allan speaking out about Rocket's streak.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by devin23, Mar 18, 2008.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Ill be like Kobe. Deny I care about the streak and then play like my life depended on it!

2. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I don't see much trash-talk at all. Basically, he's saying the streak is amazing, and that he wants us to keep winning until they play us, so they can be the ones to end it. If I were in his position, I might feel the same way. And he's not guaranteeing they'll beat us, either. He's just stating that the Celtics are excellent and might have the best shot. I wouldn't disagree.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Kobe always plays like his life depends on it. ;)

4. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

It was interesting listening to Kobe on a radio program today. He talked about how awesome it is for them now to be considered a contender, and know the other team was going to be UP to beat them, playing their best. He hated it after the championship years, when teams knew they could probably come in and beat them.

A competitor LOVES competition. It's not about how long we can make this streak, hoping good teams have injuries that gives us a better chance. It's how good a team we become in the process. To have an attitude of playing big, since everyone is out to beat you, and step up your play ... now that's the heart of a champion. That's the kind of confidence that makes you the best, that means you know how to win, that will give us true respect.

It's time to step up and see how good we really are ... and this week will tell us a lot, as far as how well we'll do in the playoffs ... even if our streak ends.

I love it that everyone is getting UP to play us ... and every game is like the playoffs. This is just flat fun.

... and if they didn't have that attitude, it wouldn't mean that much to beat them.

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

You didnt watch game 7 against the Suns? Was it game 7? forgot

6. apocclass

apocclass Member

i strongly disagree. the pistons havent been focused since larry brown left. the celtics are easily better and i honestly believe will beat them in 5 games.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

detroit was better than cleveland last yr....

their offense always sucks in the playoffs

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

No, he said if we were to win out, as in the rest of the season, it would be a miracle, not if we beat them. There is absolutely no trash talk in what Ray said.

9. jajayao

jajayao Member

I love the Celtics over confidence. Be nice to kick them off their pedestal.

10. krockets

krockets Member

At least Ray is honest, unlike Kobe... :D :D

11. munco

munco Member

he's not talking trash at all.

12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

"What they've done has been amazing ... To be able to do 22 wins, it doesn't matter who you did play or who you didn't play. Twenty-two wins is a great feat in any sport nowadays."

Sure sounds like he is trash talking to me. :rolleyes:

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

there wasn't any trash talk in that article.

14. scottlaw

scottlaw Rookie

What trash talk? I think some of you guys are getting way too sensitive about what other players said about the streak. Ray Allen is one of the most respected guys in the league. If my memory serves me right, he was once a SI's Sportsman of the Year. If there is one team I pick to end our streak, Celtics are the team. I love Doc Rivers. He is humble and hardworking.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I scrached my head wondering out loud which Allan said somthing when reading your title? Allan Houston? Allan Tan?

16. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Ray AllEn said nothing wrong. Some of you guys really need to step away from any non-Houston article and take a deep breath before reading it.

Sheesh!

17. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Well, dn't hand the victory to them yet, because now the critics will have a field day. i would rather lose to a weak team and call it a fluke than lose to a contender and admit i was outplayed

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

There's nothing wrong with what Allen said. Even if players come out saying they're gonna beat the Rockets, I have absolutely no problem with that. It's nice having guys talk trash, it keeps things exciting. I only wish there were only more of that in this league nowadays. I want guys to call each other out and say how they're gonna open a new one on other team's asses.

There's nothing exciting about a league full of Battiers. That's why I loved it when Rasheed gave his "guaransheed" on last season's playoffs. Even though he was wrong, he had some balls and you gotta admit it was more exciting. I like confidence and a little bit of arrogance.

19. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

I wonder if rafer is gonna toy with rondo :D

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

mountain>molehill