1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Lakers @ Rockets 3/16/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I think we also need to give Tmac some credit too. He was 0-9 in the first half but turned hit the shots when they were needed, going 4-7 in the second half, with 8 points in the 4th quarter. I also liked the fact that he didn't force any shots and even when he had some open looks he knew that he wasn't feeling it so passed the ball around, giving the team a chance.

But I have to say though-Rafer played an OUTSTANDING game, although this probably won't happen too often. However, its a true testament to the growth and maturity of this team. And I emphasize the word TEAM.
    Anyone who called Tmac a "ball-stopper" should be publicly humiliated. He scores 12 but another guy steps up with 31 points, and of course, we played good defense as always. No longer are the days where we live and die by the almighty Tmac.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

they(celtics) are playing the Spurs Monday!

3. Glacier

Glacier Member

4. DattboyD

DattboyD Member

lets go for 23...luv it good!!!!!!!

5. James23

James23 Member

Great win! Rafer played well. However, the Rockets can't rely on him to have making 3s on a consistent basis.

Will the Rockets be able to survive in the playoffs without Yao? Without Yao, the Rockets has nobody scoring in the paint.

6. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

ENOUGH OF THESE STUPID POSTS! YAO IS NOT COMING BACK, WHATS UR POINT? We are not better without Yao?? DUH

7. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

After pounding the Lakers....

let's POUND the Celtics!!!

8. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

are you confident enough to beat Celtics???

9. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

10. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

Great win obviously. Great confidence builder. Good to see both of our point guards get off. Hopefully we keep this up. McGrady will shake it off. Now, the celtics, who may be without allen. hopefully he does play, though.

11. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i hate Kobe, even when he lose, he has to be a sore LOSER ! just listens to his post game interview, what a smartass :mad: :mad:

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we're not a team that wins b/c we're "peaking."

we win with what we do best - DEFENSE, REBOUNDING, AND HUSTLE. those 3 things will be constants in 99% of the games we play in.

we shot very poorly the last 4 games (including today - only 42%) and we still win pretty good. and we didn't even have landry.

"peaking" is for teams like golden state or offensive teams like that that depends on rhythm, momentum...

13. ThaBlackKnight

Thanks to RA, this team is unbeleivably versatile in how we can beat teams. Lakers want to stop Tmac, then they give up open shots to Rafer, Jackson, and Battier. If Landry was there today, he would've had a few easy dunks as well.

The defense by Battier and Hayes on Bryant was as good as you can play against him. Even if he had an off night by his standards, he still didn't get many open looks. Thats all you can do. Battier always makes him take contested shots and Hayes plays him physical. Whether he scores 10 or 50 against us, you know those 2 guys do a great of making him work for his shots.

Although Tmac had an off game (due to fatigue...get some rest!), Rafer and Bobby Jackson picked up the slack offensively. I never thought I would see Rafer make 8 3's in an NBA game, but confidence is a very dangerous weapon for fearless players. Rafer is playing with more confidence each and every game. Last year, if he had a bad game, he wouldn't recover for a week or 2. Now, he bounces back after a game or 2.

Tmac wasn't scoring, but he's playing within the offense, and making the smart plays. He's not a selfish player by any means, and he is a very good passer because of his size and length.

Great game overall. Boston is gonna be tough, but I believe in these Rockets!

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

15. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

#1 seed!

eat it Barkley.

[​IMG]

16. dafranchise0309

DEUCE DEUCE BABY

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I made a video mostly highlighting the 22nd victory. I know it's not really post-game analysis, but I'd like some feedback after you take a look. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4dgZQlEfdc

GO ROCKETS!

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

your last 3 slides are pretty dope! i liked it.

19. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

You should add to your vid, 'where comeback in the 4th quarter against the Lakers happens.' :D

Also, 'where 22 games winning streak happens.'

[​IMG]

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3297435"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/player.swf?mediaId=3297435" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>