1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN-YouTube] Good Summary of the Streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ndnguy85, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86OLi9i7j1c&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86OLi9i7j1c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Saw this on espn yesterday, and I was able to find it on youtube. Too bad he didn't record in the right aspect ratio.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fantastic, but I would like to have seen the commentary after the package too.

DD

3. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

Love the vid. Can be obtain the copy right and put in our this year's championship dvd? j/k j/k..

:D :D

4. devin23

devin23 Member

Good video. Thing we Adelman's system is you don't really need superstars. Just roleplayers that knows the system well, ala jackson, wells, etc, and can still be a great team.

5. Trip

Trip Member

Good stuff, thanks for posting this.

What's most impressive about this team is that none of the main players in the rotation are considered to be at their peak. TMac, Deke, Alston, and to a lesser degree, Battier, are all considered to have already passed their peak and guys like Landry and Scola haven't hit theirs yet. Goes to show what a cohesive team playing with determination can do.

6. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It's misleading people keep saying that "they do it without Yao". Yao was a big presence of the first 12 game streak before he went down. But the of course, T-Mac and the rest of the team deserves great credit as they keep the streak alive and make history as a team.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually they were 16-0 with Yao prior to him being out, and the only game they lost was the one to Utah where Yao had the flu....

That ain't too shabby....

Next year, is our year.

DD

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm on my pda, is this the video that wilborn from PTI commentated that was Sportscenter last night? if it is, it a thing of beauty. :)

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Yeh I caught a little of bit of NBA Fastbreak last night. But didn't get to see all of it. I heard there was a Mike Harris interview. Does anyone have a copy of the show?

10. dividend

dividend Member

I like this part:

"They have become both a powerhouse and cinderella, a team that wins every night, yet every night has to justify the legitimacy of their schedule or the opponent."

11. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Yes you are right DD. Yao deserves some credit for starting the streak and it's not his fault that he went down. Anyway, great team effort so far and we need both Yao and TMac to be healthy next year!

12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

It feels like this entire 21 win streak has just been like a sports movie montage.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The start of the video would be a great intro for the NBA on ABC coverage.

This is why NBC was way better than ABC.
    It was intro by Bob Costas or Marv Albert, then John Tesh music, then overhead view of the arena telling you where they were.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yes, I really believe next year is our year too...either us or LA. All we need is a legit PG (I'm assuming Alston can't keep it up).

15. tracymcgrady001

Great video by Michael Wilbon.

16. wolverinemich

wolverinemich Member

this summary makes me think the streak is dead, which is not true.

17. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Short recap:

Rockets are doing good now but could lose 3-4 games in a row in next week.

And they don't stand a chance to pass the first round.

From Jamal Mashburn

18. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Deke with the naughty index finger lol

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well said. Good work by ESPN.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone know why embedded videos won't appear in my browser (using Firefox 2.0.0.12)? I'd love to see this video but anytime there's a video embedded into a thread, it never appears for me to view :(

Many thanks in advance!