1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans History Lesson

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by OrangeCountyCA, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Is there a Clique?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love this site.

DD

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember digging up a thread posted back in 1969 without a thread title. I got in trouble for that.

4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the post "Langhi bet" controversy. The new nicks were supposed to be for a year but DaDa almost immediately switched back to his normal nick because (paraphrasing) "I am DaDa everywhere so it is an integral part of my identity!!!!" People then accused him of being a sore loser and/or wussing out. Hilarity ensued.

And, yes, heyp's side lost not because of Griffin but because of the Rice trade (and technically we traded for Morris as well).

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ok, that is just not right....HP conceded the bet, while I was not about to concede early, especially when the Rockets drafted EG at PF...

I never agreed to let HP decide whether or not the bet was won or lost, somehow it got to be his decision alone, and I was like...uh...no....

And I was BahDakota for a while....but eventually went back, when others did as well.

I still feel I won that bet, EG was a power forward not a SF.

:D

DD

6. OrangeCountyCA

I wonder how can someone visit this site everyday just to lurk. I mean how do they resist the urge to post?

But back to my questions: What's the story about someone's mom getting "Worrellified"? Was it that he saw his mom dating Worrell?

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I've always wondered about robbie380's "random idiot" designation too.

8. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I was talking with an old ball boy. Apparently they kept that really secret and it was an inside joke that just that awesome, awesome, awesome '95 team knew.

He told me one thing: "It has something to do with Vin Baker and a dice game."

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

What's the deal with this whole "HA HA HA and it's only getting worse for.." quote?

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Can some one point me towards the thread where this whole Macbeth thing happened??? I just don't get it.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Perhaps you should contribute then. It makes it much easier.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=98877

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's a DREXLERism. He says this constantly during games when the opponents' coach looks desperate or when a team is in trouble. :p

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Thanks for the link. And I have, I just haven't come around to emailing Clutch to remind him. I figure he's real busy.