1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban at it again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Old School, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Old School

Old School Member

Before it was serving ice cream. Now it will be serving as a referee at a Harlem Globetrotters' game.

Mark Cuban, the outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner, will wear the striped shirt Friday when the Globetrotters play the New York Nationals at American Airlines Arena in Dallas. He will serve as an official for the first quarter of the game.

Cuban has criticized NBA officials often -- and paid for it with numerous fines -- in his capacity as Mavericks owner.

"Ed Rush might have been a gret ref, but I wouldn't hire him to manage a Dairy Queen," Cuban said before receiving his latest fine. "His interest is not in the integrity of the game or improving the officiating."

After Cuban made his comment about Rush, a Dairy Queen official asked if Cuban would be willing to work at Dairy Queen. Cuban said yes, and subsequently worked two hours behind the counter.

"I'm excited to add officiating along with Dairy Queen on my resume," said Cuban. "I can't think of a more exciting way to do it than with the Harlem Globetrotters!"

"We do this as good hearted fun and as fans of Mark Cuban, the NBA, and NBA officiating crews," said Harlem Globetrotters Chairman and Owner Mannie Jackson. "Our players love this guy and they are as excited as I have ever seen them. Anticipating that Mark will call more fouls than we're accustomed too, I'm adding more players to the roster. Mark is a smart guy and has been studying and evaluating refereeing for a long time, his knowledge of how the game should be called will be a treat for everyone."

2. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

He went into business, made a ****load of money, and now is having the time of his life.

Good for him.