1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who thinks this team is better w/ Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fuzzy88, Mar 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

you fail

this thread sucks

trade yao

2. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Care to elaborate?
    Like I said, no one had yet invalidated my simple logic above. Don't just rant, give me a good logical argument.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Your logic is flawed.

Obviously we dont have a large enough sample to tell whether we really are better without Yao, but in the 6-7 games we've played without him we have a higher offensive rating. We've been playing incredibly efficient offense because theres not as many turnovers, and we havnt sagged defensively a bit. In fact anyone can tell we're better defensively with Deke.

A more efficient offense plus a better interior defensive presence makes me believe this team is better without Yao.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's not worth a new thread.

you changed the title. how clever. you could have stated your point in the already existing thread whether the team is better off with or without yao.

you basically started the same thread over again.

it's the same thread.

fail

5. code_red

code_red Member

You mean like how Chandler got all those easy alley-hoops at the end of the NO game?

WTF are you smoking? Damn, I want some of it!

6. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

put it this way, I LOVE YAO to death, he is one of the faces of our franchise but imagine this.. Game 7 against Utah, if we had this team with Landry, Hayes, Battier, Tmac, Rafer, would we be able to beat them and get more rebounds, and not have Boozer own us ?

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I still believe even without Yao.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

we're a different team with yao.. we play more of a slow down, half court game... without yao, we are running a lot more, getting more transition baskets/possessions - thus the high offensive rating... i think we'll need a low block presence come playoff time though... but if the guards/other role players continue to play well and knock down shots consistently we can go very very FAR!! our defense will keep us in games, no doubt about it!!

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im starting to think the perfect center for this team would be dwight howard or a young mutumbo.

:( :(

10. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i think that was more of an offensive, or lack thereof, issue. other teams adjusted and we didn't. they knew it was going to be tmac/yao pnr all game long. can't say the same this year. with adelman's offense, everyone on the team is able to contribute.

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

To be honest, our 7 wins after yao went down is good but not that great. Most of those games are supposed to be wins except some are supposed to be close ones vs DENVER(home court), DALLAS(w/o Dirk), NO(w/o WEST).

If we have yao in those games, we won't even feel that excited because if we have yao, those are all supposed to be wins.

12. cody

cody Member

This team is better w/yao... point blank.. we'er in groove right now that can't be denied.. but we need yao. he was here on the 1st 12 games of this streak. also, it was his solo 4th quarter performance, vs GSW that started this streak...

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let's just enjoy the win streak.

14. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Sooner or later, we'll start missing our outside shots and want something more dependable down low. Live or die by the 3 is dangerous come playoff time.

No Jinx!!!

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This is just an asinine question IMO. The team was already on a 12 game win streak and many people on this board had even talked earlier in the year about how much better this team was with Yao and with out TMac.

Yao gives this team a deminsion that no scares the hell out of other teams...as does TMac.

Even if in the future if Yao only plays around 25 minutes a game (due to chronic foot problems) he gives this team a deminsion that almost no other team in the NBA has and all of them wish they had.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The best way to refute it is to say nothing back, don't bother arguing with people lower than you because they aren't worth your time. Anyone, I mean anyone, who thinks this team is better without Yao is not worth my time.

17. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

i think harder about this if we win a championship or at least get close, that's what we were supposed to do with him. Anybody remember the predictions?

Even if that was the case, Deke will retire at some point and we'll need him ( if not for defense alone).

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Great.
    Another thread relating to Yao to bring out the very best fans. *cough ^^^

I don't care what the stats says otherwise. You can't replace that 7-6 center with the offensive game in the world, no matter what you might believe.
    Just leave the guy along.

Jeez.

(and try not to ruffle Roffie's feathers up too much)

19. ibm

ibm Member

man, there is absolutely no need to start another thread like this...

and you didn't get the facts str8. w/ yao, this team actually had a 16-win streak and not 12; because you have to go back to the 4-in-a-row we had before the loss to utah that yao didn't play. but anyways...

20. -.Y.-

-.Y.- Member

How about think this way,

are we a better team with yao backup deke or not?