1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs? No way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Fixed it fer ya!

The rest of the post was superfluous waste of time crap! This just in, the Rockets DID beat all those teams and the Hornets TWICE plus, the Nuggies are clearly on the outside looking in to getting an actual playoff seed. Maybe the Mavs totally fall out of the playoffs and Denver goes in their place at 7th or 8th? GS probably good enough to hold the 7th or 8th spot down. Last part, LOL! Rockets tied for 2nd, now 1 game out of the SW division lead and right now the #3 seed in the conference.

You and Brooks bomb should be stand up comics. Because you both are clearly ridiculous in your viewpoints.

LOL!!!

2. rocketshopeful

its ok to actually admit you were premature. Right now perception has reversed, it would be tough to imagine that we don't atleast get the 8th seed. Barring further injury (fingers crossed on carl landry), are odds are to make the playoffs. With that said, your statment of "its tough to imagine" is no longer true. Its very easy to imagine us getting into the playoffs.

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I'll save you the drama. You are already wrong ...regardless of what happens in the the final games.

4. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Come on guys. Don't you realise that the whole master objective of this thread by Brooksball was to put one super big jinx on the Rockets? By making himself look stupid, Brooksball is reversing all the negative karma from the Rockets onto himself. See, while the Rockets are pwning outside, Brooksball is getting pwned here. :D

Don't let the jinx die. Brooksball, don't give up. Stand by your assertion that the Rockets will not make it into the playoffs please :D

5. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Don't know Sephiroth, but well done.

(Can't let our lucky thread sink so!)

7. Cohen

Another insightful post. Good job hatemavs4life.

8. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Brooksball didnt say the Rockets would not make the play-offs. He said they had no chance. There is a key difference. Having a chance, means you play meaningful games with a reasonable opportunity to get into the play-offs during the last weeks of the season.

Had he said the former, he would still have a glimmer of hope.

But he said the latter. So he is already wrong, even if the Rockets lose every game til the end of the season.

9. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Well, all but that mavs and suns part. :D

10. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

keep the Reverse jinx alive

11. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

oh and brooksball you suck :p

12. Cohen

Shhhhhh...... ;)

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! you figured out it was a 82 game season!
    you learn something new everyday.

14. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Hey Brooksball, after displaying to this board your amazing skill of foretelling the future I was wondering if you would be so kind as to predict if the Rockets get out of the first round.

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Just do us a favour - change your moniker to BrooksNoBalls after the regular season. :D

16. GAY4WHO???

GAY4WHO??? Member

I love how you added the !! after No way to emphasize your point...its so cute :p

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Aww, now you're just being mean. I'm inclined to cut BB some slack because it was clear to me that he was speaking from the heart and at that time his heart was full of despair. Say what you will but the guy does have a good heart that bleeds for the Rockets. I've been there before with this team on more than one occasion so I understand. But with all of the gloating going around here, I was beginning to think I was on a Mavericks' board.

18. hyiou

hyiou Member

why u people kept replying this thread for so long time?
    it is not kind to keep joking this poor guy~
    :D :D :D

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Brooks I'm not really one for piling on, but I can't risk this thread being the one thing that keeps us from losing.

The Bush Administration :: the War in Iraq

Brooksball :: Predicting Playoff Seeding

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

Please, I beg you all, let this thread die. Let's move on people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.