1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Born and raised on the mean streets of southeast Houston near Bellfort and MLK (formerly South Park). 3rd Ward represent.

Now living in Hutto, TX.

Rocket fan since they moved to Houston in '71.
    Oiler fan since they won the AFL championship in 1960 (I was 1 year old).
    Astro fan when they were the Colt 45's.

2. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

I'm 37 from the Austin area and I've been a fan since 1990. The Pistons were my favorite team. I loved the Bad Boys. My favorite Football team was the oilers in the 70s so I nauterally followed the Rockets a little bit. I fell in love with the Rockets in the 90s because of the sweet play of Hakeem and I have followed them ever since.

3. Rocket Faithful

I absolutely love the Houston Rockets! I have been a fan since 1992-1993 when our main man Hakeem Olajuwon was going strong. Its when I started watching the NBA. We have had such a great team in the last 15-16 years there has been some down time just like with any team but us getting Yao to replace Olajuwon what a treat. And how about our boys now, when everyone doubted us we win 16 in a row. I do wish Yao was going to at least be back for the playoffs because we would have a real shot at winning it all again. The confidence these guys are playing with right now is so inspiring and so courageous, I really am proud to be a fan. If they can keep up this momentum who knows how far we can go and next year when Yao returns everyone should watch out (if we can stay healthy). Oh yeah and I'm from....Kentucky. I fly down last year to catch our last two home games of the year. We beat NO and Phoenix at home to win home court advantage in the playoffs. It was a great moment for me. To step in Houston and watch my team for the first time was great. I purchased league pass this year and I have watched every game of the year. I will be cheering for these guys until the end. The biggest fan in KY T

4. Robert

Robert Contributing Member

I started watching the San Diego Rockets play in San Antonio(early 70's) after I moved there in 1965. I moved to Houston in 1974 and I've been a fan ever since.

Robert(native of Hobbs, New Mexico - The Pit, University of New Mexico)

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhh,your from the place that brought me my greatest college hoops game and two days later the worst.....Did you get back for the Final Four?

New Mexico has some amazingly beautiful spots......

#345 Plowman, Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

pretty close to where i grew up.. mykawa and southmont... were you zoned to jones high school?

7. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Born in Taiwan, grew up in the states, live around NYC, Rockets fan since Yao was drafted and hard core since TMac joined. Two of my all time favorite players, my dream team!

8. Texacali Rocket

5th generation Texan and I am from the greater Houston area. I have lived everywhere from Richmond/Rosenberg to Channelview and in between. 46 yrs old now and I have been a Rockets fan since the mid 70's - I live in Santa Cruz, Ca. now and hear nothing but Warriors on the radio out here. Finally the Rockets are getting some national press and I can get my fill.

9. Joe Rz

Joe Rz Member

From Bryan,Texas.I became interested in basketball in the mid eighties when I was a teenager and started watching the Rockets on 20 Vision.

10. chimera34

chimera34 Member

Rocket fan since I was born in Houston...grew up in the Bay Area, California though...now I'm in NY...but I watch Rockets play 24/7. The Dream was my favorite player of all time. As an asian american...root for Yao..but I love Tracy more. Now I love Landry...hope they keep him for a long time.

11. ydqkang

ydqkang Member

chinese in GuangZhou City
    love Rockets because of Yao,now 100% Rockets fan

12. cz4ever

cz4ever Member

I've been a Rockets fan for about 25 years now, starting in the mid-80s. I used to write the "Rockets Report" on the rec.sports.basketball.pro USENET group for a couple of years in the late 80's and early 90's when I was in grad school. I had the great pleasure to see the first NBA championship in person, sitting one row in front of the NY Knicks front office people during Game 7. Now I'm in enemy territory (Salt Lake City), but am moving to Austin soon.

13. fortyniner

fortyniner New Member

from beijing
    becomes basketball fan for Jordan ;
    followed Drexler to Houston although it was not his best time;
    be a Rookie of this forum this year after years watching HR broadcasting game

good luck HR;
    good luck everybody !

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

From SW Houston. Born in Memorial, then lived in Sugar Land. Now in Med School.

Been a Rockets fan since the 1993 Playoffs. I still remember that Game 7 against the Sonics.

15. brotherhood

brotherhood Member

7 yrs
    a
    Shanghai China

16. Ashes

Ashes Member

I was born a Rockets fan. I came out of the womb with a Rockets jersey on.

17. Uncle_Ramus

Uncle_Ramus New Member

I would like to use this thread to introduce myself as well long time lurker first time poster I think I had an account in 2000 but I lost it due to inactivity.

I have been a houston rocket fan since 92-93 season when I moved to Houston from the Ghana. I was always an Akeem subsequently a Hakeem fan but I fell in love with the rockets the season they lost to the Clippers in the playoffs before the choke/clutch city championship and the sweeppeat championship.

I am currently working on a project overseas so I catch the highlights on ESPN but its almost always very late so the Board and the ESPN website are my means of keeping up i should be back in Htown on Sunday and I am trying to go to the Lakers game I think is sometime soon.

Anyways Clutch you are doing a fantastic job and all the guys who post here make this place even more like home being away.

Peace
    Ramus

18. DamnDivision

DamnDivision Member

From China Now in Indiana........

I lost my two girl friends because of ROx
    I flunk my Class because of ROx

why :confused: You do the math :rolleyes:

19. Vancher

Vancher Member

China,since 2002.
    Frankly,I love Rox more than Yao now.