1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Keivan

Keivan Member

Wow that's just a bit more than 1 hour from where I live. Cool :cool:

2. rhinomft

rhinomft Member

I'm 33 and have been a life-long fan probably since my dad had season tix growing up. I still have vivid memories of him yelling at Allen Leavell on the TV, and I have carried on that proud tradition by yelling at Rafer infront of my toddler (who usually repeats it).

I grew up 2 streets down from where Hakeem built his first house in Northgate Forest when he was a rookie. Met him many times and became a die-hard fan ever since.

Now I live in Austin, which is unfortunately Spur territory with a lot of Mavs love but hardly any mention of the Rockets. I rely on this site and Chron.com for my fix of fandom!

Ryan

3. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Been a fan since my college years in Austin (Go Horns!) in the early 90's. Originally from Indonesia (where the island of Bali is), and currently living in the Silicon Valley.

4. AXG

AXG Member

I've lived in Texas all my life. I live in Cypress now. I remember the Rockets' two championships but I was still a little kid and not into sports that much at the time. I really started watching the Rockets in about '97 or '98- at the end of Hakeem, Barkley and Clyde's careers.

5. tracycookie

tracycookie Member

china, im now studying in the US
    love ROX since2002

6. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

Born and raised in Houston, and have been a fan ever since I found out how to play basketball (1989). :D

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Been in Houston since I was 2. Started watching the Rockets in '85. Always wondered what happened to Wiggins/Lloyd in '87 since they didnt seem old enough to retire. I remember going to games in the mid 80s with my dad and listening to Gene Peterson on the way home.

8. iku

iku Member

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia. I've been a fan since 2004 (ever since i started watching NBA)

9. Curly

Curly Member

Born/raised in Clear Lake City (NASA/Houston for those folks that didn't know we were (and still should be) our own City). First games I went to were in '76-'77 season when I got tickets as Christmas/Birthday presents to the Dec. 29th 76'er game and the Jan 15th Lakers game. For about the next 5 years, I went to a 76'er and Laker games.

Rocket Trivia: Hakeem Olajuwon's property managment company purchased James Marion West's house. West is the person that owned the land that was sold to Humble Oil in the late 30's to which Friendswood Development Company developed into Clear Lake City.

10. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

Born and raised in Houston on the SE side (Pasadena til 1988 and Clear Lake til 1997 when I went to UT) but now I live in the Heights. I'll be 29 in a few weeks. My dad has always been a fan of basketball and I remember watching the Rockets in the 85'-86' season and that shot by Sampson they show at the beginning of every game. ;) Came back to Houston after college to be with the family and to fulfill my high school dream of buying season tickets with my dad. I've had tickets since 2002 and live every moment with them.

I may be a longhorn, but I bleed RED before burnt orange.

11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

born in taipei, moved to houston when I was 4, fan since '88, currently 26 years & 353 days old living in San Francisco...

I get a lot of **** for not changing allegiances and jumping on the Warrior's bandwagon.

12. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

i grew up in clear lake too...how many of us are there?

13. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Yup.

As I recall, Pat Riley was their #1 draft choice one year. Mediocre player at best, great coach!

D R

14. stab

stab Member

Moved here from Denver when I was 10 years old, back in the spring of '86. Still love the Nuggets, but after watching the Rockets Twin Towers Finals run when I first moved down here...I was forever mesmerized w/ the Rox, especially (H)Akeem.

15. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

48, born in Slaton,TX, Houston '61, Bellaire, UH, UHCL, live in Magnolia now. Started watching the Rox in '79 off and on, but it was Phi Slamma Jamma that hooked me on basketball (lived and breathed baseball since I was 6). Once they drafted Akeem I was hooked. What a career he had!

16. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

24, born in Lufkin, Texas and moved to Houston when I was 7. I became a Rockets fan just a few years later, started watching games during their run for the first championship. The excitement I saw in the playoffs that year has had me hooked ever since.

17. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

From Bosnia and Herzegovina, southeast Europe. :D

Been fan since 2005, 16 yrs old. :cool:

And don't think I'm a young stud, since I respect, love and partialy know almost everything from Rockets history.

18. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

From Bosnia and Herzegovina, southeast Europe. :D

Been fan since 2005, 16 yrs old. :cool:

And don't think I'm a young stud, since I respect, love, adore and watch Houston Rockets as much as you do in Houston and all around the world.

19. tman0704

tman0704 Contributing Member

Born and bred in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia in 1970. Didnt get a lot of NBA down here. Starting barracking for Philadelphia but really Charles Barkley. Then followed Charles to Phoneix, and then to Houston 1996. Been a one eyed Rocket Fan for the past 12 years. At work I sit about 10 metres away from another one eyed Rocket Fan who is also a Clutchfans member. Not a lot of work gets done on game days.

20. Robjos

Robjos Member

From Bayamon, Puerto Rico, Been a fan since 91, guess i just started watching basketball and the uniforms and hakeem were what caught my attention at that time, ple i HATED the bulls!! lol Been a DieHArd Loyal Fan Ever Since, and im loving it!!!

Go Rockets