1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Rocket fan since graduating from J-State and moving to Houston in 86". Orginally from Muskegon, MI and loved Magic Johnson. I'm 44 and still balling at the downtown Y.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Been a Rockets fan for about 15 years now. It all started when I was a kid and played the NBA Jam Super Nintendo games. I would always play as the Rockets and started following them after that.

I'm from Pittsburgh so I get asked this question a lot but i'm damn proud to be a fan of such a great franchise.

3. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

MALAYSIA.
    Looks like i'm the only one here, and i'm surprise with the numbers of philipino.

I'm 23, and the reason i rox is the team, one word, DREAM!!!!!

Hoping to see the great man and shake his hand one day.

4. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Originally from Houston (Mo City). Been a rockets fan all my life. Went to junior highschool with Calvin Murphy's daughters (Tiffany and Tracy). Unfortunately, I live in S.A. right now. I HATE the spurs and more so the fans. They are the most biased fans in the world!!! I absolutely love it when they lose....especially to my rockets. I am looking forward to the 3/30 game.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Not exactly. :)

My wife is from Malaysia and she is a big Rockets fan. She is mostly a lurker on these boards.

As for myself, I live in NY but I am originally from Boston area. Been a Rockets fan since 1990.

6. explode211981

explode211981 Contributing Member

Since I was 7. I live in NV now lived in MI for 12 years and went every year to the Pistons Rockets game. Cried when I first saw the Dream in real life

7. ASTROnomical

ASTROnomical Member

Born in Bosnia, started watching them in 1996 when I moved to Germany...i used to cry when Stockton and the Jazz beat us but E.J.'s three to win the game won me over :D

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

I became a basketball fan when I was around 8 years old, so I started following the Rockets around the '85-'86 time frame.

I currently live in DFW, but consider El Paso to be home. I also lived in Germany for seven years as a kid, and in Colorado for four years as a teenager...

9. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

im from a small town outside houston called rosenberg and ive been a fan since i was knee high to a pigs eye.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dude we need to talk somehow...i am from la and my favorite football team is the steelers too for the past 12 years or so...not nearly as big of a steelers fan but yeah wow another rockets-steelers fan....crazy

11. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Houston, born and raised. I've been a "fan" my entire life thanks to my Dad being a fan of the Rockets. I truly became a fan in my own right during the 04 series against the Lakers. I don't know why, but they really grabbed me then and haven't let up at all since then. (I'm 19, so that's part of it, I guess.)

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Twelve years, and I'm from Austin (currently in Dallas).

13. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

thanks man! good to have a fellow west indian around.

when we qualified for the world cup was crazy. if u want to see real beautiful women though, you should come here around Carnival. They come out in the masses!

sadly, i've never been to any other Caribbean island. but i know our sand and sun is nothing compared to other islands. i do know a couple of Jamaicans though since i attend UWI.

14. seaweed

seaweed Member

I've been supporting the Rockets since Yao came here. I'm from China.

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

anyone else here from the wonderful state of Oklahoma?

16. MarkMac

MarkMac Member

Since 1977 when I moved here from Denver. Was a Nuggets fan before then (Alex English had a sweet shot). I'm 53 and a season ticket holder since 2003. Attended many games before then on a game by game basis.

17. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

Fan since 1993, have family in Houston and go there nearly ever summer. I live in Belgium, although I'm studying in London for a year, and staying up until 3-4 am for games is starting to wear me down but that's what fans do :D

18. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

Fan since Clyde Drexler has become a Rockets Player.
    I'm living in a towm named Montbéliard (we have à good soccer team named Sochaux), in the east of France.

19. Keivan

Keivan Member

I've been a Rockets fan since I started playing and watching basketball in '03 but I became a diehard (for real) Rockets fan since 2004 when T-Mac arrived. That would be 4-5 years. I'm will be 16 in June.

And I live in Strasbourg, France, I wonder if they are members living in France or nearby. My father comes from South Africa and my mother has persian origins.

Watching games is a challenge here because it's always in the middle of the night but I have seen 90% of the games live this season.

What's great is that I will be in LA in April and I will go to watch the Rockets@Clippers game on the 6th. First NBA game, first Rockets game. Can't Wait.

20. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

Ahhhh je suis fan du PSG, c'est la misere pour moi, faut que Houston fasse quelque chose de grand!!!