1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Not born in Texas but got here as fast as I could....Rockets fan since they came to Houston. Greatest Rocket player....Hakeem. Greatest contributors to Rockets....Rudy and CD.

2. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

I'm from Beijing, China. I'va been rockets fan since 2002-the year when Yao became one part of this great team.

3. Trip

Trip Member

Been a Rockets fan since 2000. Started playing basketball that year and watched games here and there, but it wasn't until the Dunk Contest when I was really drawn to a player and team. Steve Francis I thought was fantastic in that contest, and so I was drawn to the Rockets.

I was born in Singapore and immigrated to Canada six years ago.

4. Xzar

Xzar Member

I'm from Sydney, Australia.
    Been a fan since the late 80s. I was a fan of both Portland and Houston back then.
    Portland cos of Drexler and Houston cos of Dream. Switched over to Houston solely from about 1990.
    Being from Sydney back then, we would get one game a week on free to air television (we didn't have cable/pay television then) on midday every Saturday. Only problem was, the game was like a couple of weeks old! To make matters worse, the internet wasn't mainstream back then either!

5. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

born in houston and a rox fan since their second championship

rockets all the way baby!! :D

6. liangqj

liangqj Member

I am from China. I was a fan when Yao was picked by Houston.
    I will be Rox fan for ever even though Yao retired.

7. ShutIt

ShutIt Member

Birth
    I am 25 and from Beaumont, TX

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

A legitimate "SOF"!!! :eek:

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I am from England and Liverpool in particular. The home of European Culture 2008. Had a Corporation in Houston Texas for many years and now also have a home in San Antonio Texas.Started following the Rockets in 1982. Fell head first for the big man game and have never stopped. :p

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I actually lived in the Dallas area for a couple of years, but unfortunately, my pre-teen years didn't involve a lot of sports at the time. But I think that could've also been a blessing in disguise because otherwise I might've been drawn to the Mavs :mad:

But when I did first started watching a lot of basketball (and playing it too), I admit I didn't really follow the Rockets that much, even when Yao was drafted. I was initially a fan of Tmac, but when he got traded to Houston, I felt immediately drawn to the atmosphere of the city even though I obviously never went there. :(

Living here in Oklahoma, the main sports talk always involve OU football....and OU football (which should show you the type of people that live here), although OSU basketball was pretty dominant for a while....
    Anyways the Rockets and OSU basketball are a big part of my life needless to say.

11. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

I've been a rockets fan since t-mac got traded to Houston. I actually never even heard of the team then. I was only like 11 years old then though. I'm from michigan.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Kentucky native checking in...

;) Obviously, I came to the Rockets when Chuck did, but Yao won me over.

I didn't watch pro ball all that much until Tayshaun's Pistons won the chip. After that I sort of watched a game here and there but I never really chose a team until the Rockets called up Hayes. I figured it was a classy organization if they could see what he could bring and look past his limitations.

Hence I am now a Rockets fan. Fan rule is you have to chose a team and stick with it... and since Cincinnati (closest city to me) has no NBA team.. I choose the Rockets to stand by.

13. MB20

MB20 Member

Yup. Guilty as charged. :D

14. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

I'm Born in Ex-Yougoslavia in 1993 before moving in Canada in 1995, my father wanted to achieve the American Dream and move from the war. At age of 10, I bought a NBA Poster with NBA Superstars and Tracy McGray was on it (Orlando), later I bought NBA LIVE 2005 and took Houston to make a Dynasty cause I liked Yao and McGrady and since then it's my team, I saw my first Rockets match in 2005 in PO againt Dallas.

In 2003, I liked the Lakers because they were the best and I liked Kobe and Shaq, but I was only 9 years old back then.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

im grew up near Chimney Rock but moved closer to Sugar Land as i grew older. hmmm started to follow basketball (aka rockets) a few years before we drafted yao so i missed the very good years :(

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Fan since the Barkley trade, from Stockton, CA.

17. yujing0909

yujing0909 New Member

82, from china, beiing

Been a rockects fan since 2002!

18. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I was born in China and moved to Australia later. Now I am working in China for a investment co., Ltd. I started watching NBA since I was in high school called by the name of MJ. Later I switched to Houston and attacted by T-mac&Yao. The more I watch, the more I care.

BTW, I was born in 1979 and probably I am 29? ...just dont know how to count the age.

PS: I think I am going to Houston soon.

Sig from work.

Hao.

19. Asiya

Asiya Member

..born in Israel, lived in Houston for 20 years, now in San Diego...been a Rockets fan long enough to still get the hives at the mention of the Utah Jazz and indigestion whenever the name John Starks comes up...

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'm from Brockway, Montana (pop<50). I became a Rockets fan when they drafted Hakeem, because I thought the Twin Towers were cool.