1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McGrady's Time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr. Basketball, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

he also had 10 years of injury to himself and to key players like Grant Hill and Yao! Maybe he is just an unlucky guy

2. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I agree no time like the present.

#182 Chilly_Pete, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  3. yobod

yobod Member

Why is it that negative people always try to exude their negative energy everywhere they go? What kind of validation do you get out of being a pessimistic, miserable fan all the time? Why can't you let people be positive about things? Everybody has different ways of coping with things....there are about 1000 negative threads on the board right now, yet you choose to spew your negativity in one of the postive threads? Let the people who want to believe in the team BELIEVE. You're telling people to GET REAL....but you know what? Maybe they don't want to get real....hell, maybe the Rockets are the one thing that people has really been able to rally around lately. The economy is in the dumps, people are losing their homes, nobody knows the direction this country is headed....but hey, at least the Rockets are winning. And now here you come along, giving people the gift of "keeping it real." Seriously, do everyone a favor, and give up on the team. At least then, we won't have to listen to your negative garbage all the f***ing time. Dick.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

i agree that his mental state is questionable but i can't even blame him. he's had so many bad breaks in his career and even his personal life, and the longer success eludes him the more the pressure of not failing could get to him. it cant be easy for him and you have to feel bad for the guy because sometimes the breaks just don't go your way. i honestly believe that if he can just ignore the history of 1st round exits, maybe psyche himself out by telling himself it's never been his fault (whether true or not), and just play without feeling the pressure of having to get past the first round, he'll play better. that is my only concern, that he doesn't play like he's under pressure, because that kind of pressure makes every shot tougher.

we all just gotta pull for the guy and support him and hope that he can find away to block out the pressure.

5. bigben333

bigben333 Member

get the **** outta here , u stupid r****d&idiot

tracy is gonna carry the the team, load up his bullet.

we fans should believe in him. or u r not a real rox fan

6. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

The most important factor in all of this......:

If McGradys shot is off in a game.. he must take it to the hole, not jack up shots all night. He can atleast draw fouls. Plus when he does take it to the hole, especially when he gets a nice dunk, it pumps him and the team up.

He always has the option to pass it out to the open man if he is doubled. Besides that... THROW IT DOWN!!!!!

Heck, even when he is doubled, he has the ability to cut through and finish. He has amazing skills, he just has to retain that killer instinct throughout the game. Throughout the season and beyond.

If so... The Rox can continue to ROCK!!!

Believe it!! :D

7. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Okay, well, would you consider what he did when Yao went down last year good enough for you?

2006-2007 Games Record PPG APG RPG
    McGrady 30 20-10 28.1 5.1 5.9

Wasn't Yao having a monster MVP caliber season when he went down? I guess 26.8 PPG and 9.7 RPG, 53% shooting is alright. It will pass. We lose that kind of production and keep on winning. Remember Chuck Hayes starting. Don't get me wrong, I like Hayes...but anyone here rather start Hayes over Scola? No one has played better since January 1, we're confident, scorching HOT, and riding the emotion of losing Yao. Why can't we add "do it for Yao" to the motivation? I'd much rather have Yao and keep on doing what we've been doing...but we can't. Our defense will still be stellar. RA isn't going anywhere. I think he's done really well, considering it took 35-40 games to get out of JVG mode. Team deeper than last year. There are still 25 games remaining, anything can still happen. Who's saying Tim Duncan won't step on ankle?

Look at career playoff numbers. 29.8 PPG, 6.8 RPG, and 5.8 RPG. What more can T-Mac do? Ohh, remember Ryan Bowen starting in '04-'05 playing 20 minutes a game? And Chuck Hayes last year in 28? That's like playing 5 on 4 on the offensive end. Yeah, its all TMac's fault for first round losses.

So what exactly am I missing? Why do comments like "tank the season, let's get a lottery pick", or "If T-Mac is going to lead, we're doomed" type comments keep popping up? Help me understand why there is no reason to go all the way. 1995 Rockets weren't expected to do anything. They did. Why not this year?

8. Rowdie Brandon

lol......fans are allowed to have opinions about their team..........if Tmac, Scola, and Landry were to all have season ending injuries tomorrow would you be a bad fan for believing that the team could succeed without them?????

regular season accomplishments are expected...........tracy hasn't done much when it has "counted", if you get my drift.......

I'm sorry, but anyone that knows "anything" about basketball knows that it's a "fact" that the team will not do anything significant without their best player..........it's never happened before....those odds are even worst when the team didn't accomplish anything in the post season "with" that best player,and the man we have to depend on to "lead" the way loses focus at times, makes promises that he can never back up, gives excuses, lacks energy some nights, is injury prone himself (whether they're fake or real), hs never gotten out of the 1st round, etc......seriously it does not make you any of a better fan than me, because you say "2,4,6, 8 who do we appreciate?".....it's bogus, and deep down if everyone had to make a decision on what this would accomplish this year, everyone who gives an "honest" answer would say "not much"...........the season is over with, it's time (as fans, and as I'm sure the organization is doing as well) to look at our situation objectively and figure out how we need fix things for next season.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Great point, yobod. And doesn't it seem like these negative guys have been posting an awful lot more since Yao's injury? It's like they wait until they see their opening, then gleefully jump in and try to start as much **** as possible. They're pretty good at it, of course, but what's the f***ing point?!?

10. Rowdie Brandon

it's only "negative" to people who disagree with it....funny thing is the points that I bring up have a lot of validity behind them...............reality can be negative you know........... :rolleyes:

11. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Yeah but when it comes down to game time, you have to be 100% focused and be willing to exert ALL energy.....which he doesn't do enough sometimes, thats my main concern with Tmac during the season. But we all know that playoff Tmac is a whole another level, which is a shame, because it should be something that he should show more often, not just in the playoffs. Its all really about mindset-driving to the basket, being aggressive, etc.-and playing hard

12. MattM

MattM Member

we'll see if you're saying the same things come May....will see if my "negativity" was just pure "hatred" for a team I've cheered for my entire life.....seriously I could give a rats ass about the "regular" season, championships are won in June...........[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The regular season is what really matters. Just ask a Dallas sports fan.

13. Rowdie Brandon

I disagree. The regular season is what really matters. Just ask a Dallas sports fan.[/QUOTE]

hahaha......

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

15. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Hey RowdieBrandon, Who is the leader of this team? Because it seems to be convenient to you that it's T-Mac when we loose but then when we are winning it's not because of him. Of course it's unrealistic for this team to get passed the first round without Yao, but tell me who in this League with our current lineup (minus T-mac and Yao) would be able to do it in the West like you say?

16. Rowdie Brandon

I agree with your statement partly, because when the rockets fail to advance out of the 1st round this year Tmac will have a "legitimate" excuse........as far as the "leadership" role, well Tmac can be a leader at times (he even claims to be sometimes) or he can be Robin to Yao's Batman (like he's claimed on several occassions)....my opinion of tmac as a leader is sort of "flip flop" just like his opinion on who the leader of this team is........

17. dfoolz

dfoolz Member

he was a "true" star for a few years.....that time has come and gone....we need to quit thinking he is going to magically change his ways...hes not.......tmac had his time...its over just like our season

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Haha damn. Hypocrite fans just burst out everywhere. Rowdie, JD :eek: Hypocrites of the year guys.

Anyways you two douchebags come all the way here and question T-mac's mental toughness. LOOKS WHOS TALKING. You've given up on the team already. You claimed you guys were running around cheering and getting others to stand up and you claimed you nearly picked a fight with Utah Douches.

What a lotta crap. A die hard fan would never give up on a team, and your explanation made you seem like you're one of the best rockets fan. And JD (or rowdie, sorry Im not sad enough to go through previous post and go in to dictionaries just to find a comeback), you said you're fan since you were 6? Hmm, well since you've given up on the team already, I guess you should start cheering for other teams. We don't wanna give you any oppourunity to bash. Im 16 too dude, but guess what, I have a heart to forgive and cheer.

Dam you're funny you know that? Lets imagine rockets is scotland and t-mac is william wallace (for those of you who don't know who he is, he pretty much gave scotland independence and freedom). The scottish are die hard lovers of william wallce, but when wallace screwed up a few times (forgot the events, but he nearly gave up once), did the scottish immediately give up all hope?

Dam, seriously. Liars piss me off the most. contradicting yourself all the time.