1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy's Blog: Time to Step Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Feb 28, 2008.

1. wink2moochie07

Its kinda sad you are such a Tmac mark you looked for a bad night for bryant. Tmac hasn't shown he is motivated enough to play this season. I used to be a Tmac apologist now I am a Tmac realist. Try it. Its bittersweet but at least you aren't lying to yourself.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Why don't you just relax and see what happens before you condemn the man? If the Rockets keep winning, i don't care if T-Mac averages 11 points per game for the rest of the season.

3. bloop

bloop Member

right on

anyone posting about tanking makes me want to puke. anyone IRL talking about the strategy of tanking makes me want to punch them in the throat

tanking is for p*****s. this team can make the playoffs and maybe get out of the first round. TIME TO SUPPORT YOUR TEAM. not time to punk out

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The lower we pick, the better the opportunity for Morey to show his true quality!

5. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

Are you kidding me?

His mere PRESENCE on the court creates a rift in the opposing team's D. He may not get the assist, but drawing a defender and kicking around the perimeter for a jumper or into Scola/Landry. It doesn't necessarily always come out of T-Mac's hands.

The point is you CAN'T slack on T-Mac no matter how bad of a game he's having because he's always mere minutes from a 20-25 point game.

You seem to call anyone who disagrees with you a T-Mac apologist. Have you been watching the games lately? The passion and effect T-Mac has had on those games has been very evident.

6. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

Do you know why tmac gets stuck in the double teams last game and then couldnt pass it out fast enough to get the other player involved as fast?

Deke sets the screen and then he rolls to the goal. Deke's defender stays on tmac because they know deke is not a thread. Deke is not going to catch the ball rolling to the goal. Tmac gets the double and cant pass it to deke like he would to Yao. That is a big part of their offense.

So before your ignorant butt goes to criticize tmac again think about who is actually rolling to the goal. Can mutumbo catch the ball while running to the goal? NO.

Next time, try this: THINK.

7. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

Wow. No mention of his "supporting cast" or his defender being at his mercy. Maybe Mac found a clue.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

And then you'll no doubt jump on the bandwagon and say you knew it all along.

9. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

Thats what they all do, they never believe. They will leave that bandwagon on the next stop.

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

My last Tmac post...not motivated enough to play this season? Since he came back 1/19, Rox are 17-1...he's getting 38 minutes a game, 19 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists and only 2.4 turnovers from a guy who handles the ball a ton. I can't explain the 40% shooting thing, but he's obviously being a TEAM player. He could easily go out and jack out 6-8 more shots a game to get his 25 points a night, but he's been letting Yao be the leader. And, oh yeah..

2006-2007 Games Record PPG APG RPG
    McGrady without Yao 30 20-10 28.1 5.1 5.9

Wasn't Yao having a monster MVP caliber season when he went down? Wow, our MVP goes down for 30 games and we win 66% of our gamevs? Remember, were starting Chuck Hayes. Don't get me wrong, I like Hayes...but anyone here rather start Hayes over Scola? This year's team is better. No one has played better since January 1, we're confident, scorching HOT, and riding the emotion of losing Yao. Why can't we add "do it for Yao" to the motivation? I'd much rather have Yao and keep on doing what we've been doing...but we can't. Look at everything positive going forward.

Why can't Rox do what they did in the 30 games last year without Yao...but better? There is no reason whatsoever to forfeit the year. None. There are still 25 games remaining, anything can still happen. Who's saying Tim Duncan won't step on ankle?

Look at career playoff numbers. 29.8 PPG, 6.8 RPG, and 5.8 RPG. What more can he T-Mac do? Ohh, remember Ryan Bowen starting in '04-'05 playing 20 minutes a game? And Chuck Hayes last year in 28? That's like playing 5 on 4 on the offensive end. Yeah, its all TMac's fault for first round losses. Get real.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think the rox might actually move up. Right now the rox are closer to the 3rd seed than the 8th. They have some winnable games to really make up ground.

12. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Next time, try this: STOP USING THE BIG FONT. It's annoying, rookie.

13. myco

myco Contributing Member

oh the irony.

14. texastiger22

texastiger22 Member

Just please god don't use the phrase "It's on me" T Mac

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Dude just guaranteed a loss tomorrow night. Keep your mouth shut, Tmac. :D

16. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

why not? I think out of all the things he has said, that is the best and most misunderstood

He tried to take pressure off his teammates. It is on him, whether he says it or not. I think him saying it shows leadership.

#36 macfan, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  17. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

Exactly!

it's not like he guaranteed to get out of the first round and didn't deliver, which is how i think most people interpret it.

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

THANK YOU! :D

19. Rowdie Brandon

save your breath homie...anyone who brings up valid points about the rockets or tmac which don't include "we are the best", "tmac is a champion and a true leader", or "the rockets are favorites to win it all" will be labeled a "hater"..........

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

HEY HERE'S A GREAT IDEA .....

How about everyone here go to his website and leave comments saying "Drive more, and play DEFENSE" or something like that (or heckle him)....j/k
    Who knows? If he does read any of the comments, he might listen to what his fans might have to say....

I'm thinking of doing that.....

Anyone with me?