1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PRYUEN,Please,someone said yao will recovery within a month if using chinese medcine

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKU, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love the thread title. Clutch is at the game. He should get off his lazy butt and tell Yao about the miracle. :D

2. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yes, there are many instances that cancer patients cured by Chinese medicine. Regarding aids, ask Magic what kind of medicine he is taking and who invented that.

3. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Really Doctor? What would u recommend as a magic medicine to magically heal stress fracture? Even a simple colles fracture takes at least 10 weeks to heal.

Give me a break. :eek:

4. Yaowaming

Yaowaming Contributing Member

http://www.index-china.com/index-english/TCM-s.html

Traditional Chinese Medicine ("TCM") is an integral part of Chinese culture. It has made great contributions to the prosperity of China. Today both of TCM and western medicine are being used in providing medical and health services in China. TCM, with its unique diagnostic methods, systematic approach, abundant historical literature and materials, has attracted many attentions from the international community. TCM is well recognized for its remarkable effectiveness in off setting the side effect caused by the toxic and chemical treatment of cancer cases in the western medical system.

In China, TCM is under the administration of State Administration of TCM and Pharmacology. TCM and its development are regulated. National strategies, law and regulations governing TCM are now in place to guide and promote the research and development in this promising industry.

TCM is defined as a medical science governing the theory and practice of traditional Chinese medicine. It includes Chinese medication, pharmacology/herbalogy, acupuncture, massage and Qigong.

Hospitals in China are classified as specialized in western medical system, TCM or both. TCM is now available to 75% of the areas in China. TCM has been very effective in the treatment of diseases such as cardio-cerebro-vascular, immunogenic, tumors, bone fracture, etc. Scientific research and clinic experiments in TCM are continuously progressing. Successes have been made in many of the areas such as in circulating paths of meridians; in Zheng-syndrome, in diagnostic indexes; in therapeutic principles, in healing emergency patients with shock, acute DIC, acute myocardial infarction and acute renal failure. For treatment of bone fracture, method is adopted based on the theory of combination of mobilization and immobilization. Non-antibacterial compound prescriptions are used successfully in treatment of bacterial infection. In treatment of cancers, Fuzheng Guben compound prescriptions, though devoid of inhibitory effects on cancer cells, could cause the shrink of the mass of cancer. TCM provides a non-surgical approach to the treatment of acute abdomen.

5. superden

superden Contributing Member

Why are yall getting so angry at the guy? He's just trying to help....in his own way. So it might be absurd, but hey... Chinese medicine does some odd things that science can't explain.

6. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Everytime I see a thread mentioning something bad about Yao, for legimitate reasons, the thread starter is banend the very next day. WTF. You gotta let your members voice their opinions.

7. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

Wait a minute, that is not spam
    Believe or not, sometimes Chinese traditional medicine (TCM) can solve problem which is not doable with modern medicine. I wouldn't claim TCM is an unchallengable independent system, but I'm very sure as a complementary treatment, TCM is not in conflict with modern medicine. In TCM clinic institutions in China, doctors have access to all techniques from western countries, MRI, CT etc., they read clinical practice guidelines from US and they do surgeries. Just they go for conservative treatment more because TCM. This is not pseudoscience, this is called physical therapy. During two thousand years of practice, TCM found many external use herbs effective in therapy of bone fracture, this has been proved.

8. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

Thats great. Where in that does it say, TCM can help bone fractures to heal in a month?

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Because this thread already existed.

Please stop this nonsense.

10. Tuan

Tuan Member

It sounds odd but my girlfriend parents swear by it. My girlfriend's sister fractured her arm and was initially wearing a cast. After a week her parents told her to take it off and visit some Chinese doctor who specialized in acupuncture and herbal medicine. She took off the cast after the first week and visited the Chinese doctor for a month and was fine after that. The guy was located on Bellaire.

11. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

About the RUMOR of CHINESE MEDICINE and my thoughts(As a Chinese)

first of all, I am totally shocked for this sad news because i was try to watch the game and opened the website. really sad for Rox and YAO, I hope them fine.

Then I got here and tried to verify it(clutchfans is always trustworthy), and i saw this chaos since a post mentioning chinese medicine and chinese therapies. I saw people b****ing, not believing and even cursing.

I felt sad again. I felt the resposiblity to explain something since I am chinese and quite familiar with Chinese medicine.
    1.please guys, don't get mistaken that the posters coming up with the MAGICAL CHINESE MEDICINE, he is just like YOU AND ME, a rox fan! he/she is just trying to help and even if someone is a liar it's not him/her. Don't curse anybody here.

2.I am fully aware of the fact that Chinese medicine is exaggerated in many occasions to you. But there are reasons for this, at first the westerner coming to China were always curious about it and took it for granted that it can heal many diseases when they first got to know this. they saw Chinese people using a absolutely different way to cure diseases they know and they don't know, that's why they were amazed and thus left you with the impression of MAGICAL CHINESE MEADICINE. However, with the advancement of modern technology and medical research, westerner are able to cure more and more diseases and at the meantime Chinese medicine was improving very slowly. That's why nowadays common Chinese people are going western ways in most cases. Now the comparison make you think that all the images of MAGICAL CHINESE MEDICINE is fraud, fake, nonsense, BS.
    I can understand that but to underestimate something you are not familiar with or don't even know is not wise my friends. In China we do have a lot of liars who said they can cure cancer/other non-curable diseases with Chinese medicine AND WESTERN MEADICINE, and chinese medicine's fame is only used as a camouflage. This doesn't lead to the conclusion that Chinese medicine is not trustworthy, right?
    I myself have taken some chinese medicines for different disease and was cured. Also, I think you guys know accupuncture, which is also a part of Chinese medicine, and it is good for many diseases.

I am not a Chinese medicine professionalist nor a doctor even, I am just trying to show you what I know about chinese medicine and ease the quarrel among fans. I will humbly took your thoughts and try my best to answer you questions, let's just wish Rox fine.

PS:I think the one who is to be blamed is the team Doctor and YAO himself maybe. Doctors because they have known yao's sprained ankle and said it ain't something serious, YAO because of his overly strong sense of responsibility for the team and played through the injury. :(

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

You can't criticize something you don't understand. To criticize something without any proof is a fools errand.

13. jboslett

jboslett Member

I love how people are acting like Rocket's team doctors are going to come here, find this thread, and send Yao to China for treatment. Honestly, some of you people are so damn bizarre that it makes me laugh. Get real.

14. monica

monica Member

:D
    glad to hear this information.
    and wish yao can recover as fast as possible.

15. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

What makes you think I dont' understand TCM? I"m a medical physician who happens to be chinese. I have had acupuncture in the past and realize that their are certain benefits to it. BUT THERE ARE NO MIRACLE CURES.

16. Panda

Panda Member

That kind of medical practice requires many years of experience. Too bad bone doctors on this level are dying out in China. It's easier to learn the Western way than the Chinese way.

The thing with traditional Chinese medicine, they are mainly art instead of science. Aside from the basic Yin Yang, Five Elements, and Eight Themes theory, different doctors form different sub theories on their own opinions. Sometimes, their own sub theory works great, sometimes not. So it's not surprising that TCM can cure some cases of cancer or AIDS. However, it's a hit or miss thing as it's successful rate resides on personal reads and prescriptions of a doctor. To westerners, all cancers are the same thing. To TCM, the cancer on your toungue is different from the cancer in your stomach. TCM is more of a philosophically holistic approach towards human body decidely different from any other thing.

It may not be as magical as healing in one month, but it won't hurt to try it out. Things like Chinese accupuncture works great in pain killing and healing.

There's one great doctor I know in USA, here is his website:

http://www.hantang.com/

17. doudoujing

doudoujing Contributing Member

This clearly shows that you don't understand what Chinese Traditional Medication really means.

18. huang.wenqing

huang.wenqing Member

中医不会医治艾滋病,因为他是最近才出的病。
    不过中医历史有很多医治伤筋动骨的伤病。
    比如? 华佗刮骨

19. huang.wenqing

huang.wenqing Member

http://www.hantang.com/
    --------------------------------
    我对这个网站怀疑居多。
    中医,需要的是有经验的老中医

20. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

if it means getting Yao to the Olympics I am 100% positive Yao can call up his buddies over in the Chinese government to hook him up!