1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bracketology

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Joe Joe, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology/index.html

Joe Lunardi's Brackets show UT has moved up to a "#4" seed.

Texas down fall is 2-4 against top 25 RPI teams, but 2-1 against top 25 RPI teams since the Great Alaskan Shhotout. 2-0 since Thomas was forced to emegre as a consistent efficient down low precense.

I like this bracketology because he explains why he places teams where. The 2-4 top 25 RPI really hurts Texas, but I wish he'd mention the 11-0 record against non top 25 RPI. I personally think losing to a bad team looks worse than losing to a good team.

TOP 25 RPI wins/ all losses ratio
    1's
    Cincy 0/1
    Duke 3/1
    Kansas 4/2
    Okla 3/2

2's
    Zona 5/4
    Marylnd 2/3
    OHiost 1/2
    Flor 0/2

3's
    Vir 1/2
    Georg 2/3
    UCLA 2/4
    Ill 1/4

4's
    Texas 2/4
    Bama 2/3
    Syr 1/3
    Zaga 2/3

Funny how only 4 teams in the top 4 seeds have more quaity wins (top 25 RPI) than bad losses (all losses are bad) and 3 of them are #1 seeds. Zona the 4 is a #2.

Only Zona has played more top 25 RPI teams than Texas.

About Cincy and other untested teams, the RPI, SOS, other stats can't tell how good/bad they are. They just show that Cincy and Florida, etc are untested. Cincy's only test was Okie state and they lost.

I'm happy with Texas's play this year and believe they are headed to the sweet sixteen. Thye've shown few signs of playing down to their opponents level and are well tested.

I'm skeptical of Florida. I see them as a canidate for being upset in the 1st or 2nd rd.

Cincy...unsure of them. Haven't seen them, haven't seen anyone they've played.

Duke, Kansas, Zona, Okla, and UCLA look solid. They'll be tough to upset for a non top 16 team (the actual best 16 teams not polls or seeding).

I'd love for UT to get seeded with OU. I fear Duke. They never seem to have an off game.