1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the reaction in China?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 26, 2008.

1. H-town_playa2k2

2. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Beijing Olympics will happen once in a lifetime, there is always next season for Yao and the Rockets

3. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Yi Jianlian will be the starter with most all star votes next year while Yao gets only 3000. lol.

4. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Blame RA for abusing YAO!!!! :mad: :mad:

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

China will send a team of Chinese herb doctors to Houston. Yao's bone will be healed within 2 weeks. Americans just dont know crap about how to heal a bone crack.

6. Blaster

Blaster Member

I like that

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Wwerrrd.

8. moonset

moonset Member

ye, we won't blame the NBA, but we blame the CBA.

9. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

They will do nothing because Yao will be ready for the Olympics Game.

10. FFz

FFz Member

LOL this is what Yao will look like 22 hours from now after all the eastern medicine experts arrive:

[​IMG]

11. YallMean

YallMean Member

^^^
    I heard tiger penis helps. Anyone?

12. RoxD

RoxD Member

That is not funny.

The Chinese doctors are indeed good at healing a bone crack, while the American doctors are really good at diagnosis and surgery.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

Get ready for the flaming from China that will inevitably start in about 2-3 hours lol.

14. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

This is actually true. When I sprained my ankle many years ago, my parents took me to some herb witch doctor and my ankle got fixed in a matter of DAYS. Granted, it's not a bone fracture, but still...

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

ROTFL! I was only joking my dear.

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It was a serious question. And don't get all technical on me...I am not trying to argue...I was just curious about your answer.

My question (again) is this: Let's just assume that after surgery and after the 4-5 months of rehab, Yao is 100% again and ready to play basketball.

If he was only 90-95% healed and playing in the Olympics greatly increases the chances of him reinjuring the foot BUT could play the games at a high level, would you want him to play? Just curious...there obviously is no right or wrong answer. I was just trying to gauge how important it is to the Chinese fans that he play in the Beijing games, especially if it could possibly result in ruining his career or the injury reoccuring

17. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

when i heard the news,it's about 2 am in Beijing time,i post a thread in sina and hoopchina at once ,finding there are already several threads about Yao's injure.

there are many TRUE Rocket fans in China.They feel sad about it ,but they still believe Rocket can go on winning, including me.

still there'll be many people who blame RA for over using Yao.........or blame Yi..............

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

They are just gonna tape Yao's foot up and play him anyways.

19. RoxD

RoxD Member

You are right, "there obviously is no right or wrong answer". And in fact, there is no clear cut answer to your question. It all depends on Yao's recovery from the injury.

20. wolverinemich

wolverinemich Member

why not? Yao's season is over. for many fans, nba is over. world is over. should launch the ICBM immediately