1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao for MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by engr chris, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

As much as I am a great fan of Yao Ming, infact he is my favorite NBA Player,I must regretfully say that this is such a rediculous suggestion in as much as Yao Ming has played, this season, so half heartedly! He has melded so far into the team concept that no longer do I look at him as a great center but just one of the guys. He has too many limitations to just play the submissive role and he should remove himself from what ever is holding him back and become the player that we all want him to be. Then he can become a sincere and deserving MVP. Possibly and hopefully we might see the old Yao emerge like a butterfly from the chrisalis during the Playoffs!! :p

2. startover

startover Member

I am from China and I do not think Yao has a chance for MVP this year. We are winning because we have played very well as a TEAM. I do not care who will win the MVP for regular season. Let's just enjoy watching Rockets keep playing well and confidently as a TEAM.
    Maybe an MVP will be picked from our team in June :)

3. wolverinemich

wolverinemich Member

still to early to have Yao-for-MVP discussion. We have 12 wins in a row (and counting) and we are still number 7.

4. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He was definitely OUR MVP when Tmac was out, which was basically all of January (I think) , but ever since that I think the team as a whole has contributed and no one person stood out as a MVP-like player-but thats a good thing. Hell, when was the last time Yao and Tmac both shot less than 30% combined and we still win?
    But I would say the Scola and Landry have become the heart of our team right now

5. thiuronium

thiuronium Member

No way, he is a soft, above average center :D :D
    lol

6. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If you're talking about individual pieces then obviously Yao and T-Mac are going to rank very high. If you're asking why the Rockets are playing so much better compared to before I still think the biggest factor is Scola in the starting lineup.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I doubt he wins the MVP this season way too much competition and too many media fan favorites out there.

But, he will win Finals MVP...so I don't see the problem with him not winning the (regular season) MVP.