1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I am damn proud of this team!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Feb 24, 2008.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Rockets need another win and then there will be 4 teams in the SW conference with exactly 37 wins.

2. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

i know what you meant. love this game

3. WesmanTexanfan

This place is bumpin, party up in clutch fans!!!!

4. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

In this game, I didn't see it. Especially in the second half, it was just T-Mac isos, everybody standing around and watching and waiting to shoot when he passed out from double teams - JVG offense from last year.

We are just a better team talent-wise and this was just an outstanding display of 3pt shooting but as far as running the offense, this definitely wasn't the best game. Granted, the Rockets didn't really need to run anything, looked like everyone was just having fun.

5. drich

drich Member

[​IMG]

12 in a row

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

lets make free throws and lower turnovers and continue everything else and i feel comfortable..but besides that H-TOWN where you at!!!!

7. johnrox

johnrox Member

you weren't watching the rockets vs bulls on sunday 24th of february, 2008. the ball was moving crisp and clean.

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

because our fans are cheated too often :p

9. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

While there is still a lot of basketball to be played this season and this streak will mean nothing if the team peaks too early and stumbles toward the home stretch, the level of play the Rockets are exhibiting is very impressive.

One thing that is particularly striking to me about this year's team is the level of chemistry. The guys seem to genuinely care about each other. To me chemistry is not just how a team plays on the court; moving the ball, complementing one another, but you can tell by simple body language. The Rockets bench, as I'm sure has been noted many times before, is one of the league`s most enthuasiastic, led by of course, old Man Mutumbo.

In today`s game that is filled with the `me me` mentality ripe with individuals playing for contracts, playing time and shots, the Rockets appear, at least on the surface, to be a refreshing change.

A perfect example was in tonight`s Bulls game: After a Rockets timeout, Chuck Hayes, who had played zero minutes up to that point and who`s playing time has plummeted his year with the rise of rookies Scola and Landy, was seen giving some friendly pointers to said Landry. And we`re not talking about a grizzled veteran with a max contract and a career behind him in Hayes, he`s a young pup himself who is still trying to establish himself as a regular NBA player. He goes from NBA starter to third-stringer in half a season, and here he is giving pointers to one of the two guys that upsurped him! It`s a minor detail yet so significiant and telling of what this year`s Rockets are about in so many ways.

Azim da Dream

10. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

wow this BBS forum is going Nuts, almost 2000 fans viewing right now.

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

haha, actually I wasn't. By the time the game started it was february 25th, 1am for me.

It looked pretty but just because we made shots. There was a lot of standing around, particularly in half court plays. I think we have looked better in other games as far as moving without the ball, making cuts etc.

Yeah, I loved that episode too.

12. bloop

bloop Member

this team is not like the old Sacramento teams. definitely doesn't pass like em. this team is in to yao and back out or tmac penetrates and kicks. this is not what sacramento was about

they are playing great though

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

They show flashes of it though. It's quarter by quarter, but they still get at least a couple of possessions per quarter where the ball swings from one end of the court to the other and finds the open guy.

14. rocketsmetalspd

I don't know what to say about that but I hope the Fans start showing up and supporting the team. How may more games must they win before the Fans start showing up. Come on H-Town Fans is on you!!

15. scola4president

These past few weeks have been great, Im not sure what Im gonna do if we ever lose another game. Great time to be a rockets fan LIVE IT UP!! I dont care what anybody says we have the piece to win it all.

16. JD2010

JD2010 Member

the tc had over 18,000 fans tonight.
    it was about 94% full.
    NOT BAD..
    i think i figured out why it looks so empty
    while i was there tonight i noticed everyone is in line waiting for FOOD

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

Houston is ranked as the laziest and fattest city in the States. There is a reason for that ranking.

18. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

this team is one hell of a sausage. not impressive, astounding.

19. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

ignore him.. for some people if Yao did not have a good game and TMac did, its because we played Gundy ball i.e. TMac attack the rim and then pass to open man. To say that tonight the ball didn't move around is a friggin JOKE. On a side note, had we lost, they would say TMac didn't attack the rim.. SIGH :rolleyes:

20. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

maybe not but I will repeat this over and over, the well oiled motion offense of the old Sac team kept losing in the playoffs to a team of two superstars....

Again, to use Yao and TMac as Divac and Christie would be a big waste of their talent... true motion offense is implemented to hide the fact that the team lacks true superstars who could create their own offense or create for others and yet not be so predictable i.e. a combination of Gundy and Alderman offense, and that is exactly what we are seeing right now.