1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfsvS4v8ZL8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zfsvS4v8ZL8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

under. we dont wanna trade Jackson because he could be our backup PG.
    we wanna get mike miller or Artest without bobby in the trade

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I also couldn't see us dumping a lotto pick for a role player like Battier and getting nothing else back. I couldn't see us trading for expiring contracts in the past and not really using them. Etc....

I REALLY HOPE that another move is coming but based on past history I am pessimistic. Our owner has shown that he is just as worried about spending $$$ as winning, and our management has made stupid moves like this in the past. I'm gonna go to bed pissed for now and hopefully another move will be made tomorrow......because trading your only other quality big guard...TO A DIVISION RIVAL IN THE MIDDLE OF A PLAYOFF RUN, for an old midget guard when you already have at least 3 more makes no damn sense....at least not when it comes to winning games as opposed to saving $$$.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Jackson is a SG in PG body, except he is shooting 37% on the year and is going to be 35. He shined when he came off bench in Sactown in a system that everyone was a good passer so his play making difficiency was not exposed.

5. playlife

playlife Member

so there is a chance that Wells could still be here and Snyder is gone?? if that is the case then it's a great trade

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Lousy...absolutely lousy. I understand that he was gone at years end anyhow, but this is the best we could get? Garbage... :(

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

ha. i'll see 3 but i'll say over with 7

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

ok DaDAkota, but once jacksons puts up an 0-6 or 1-7, i dont wanna see complaining about how he sucks

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

i know why we made this trade... its cause we got snyder for next to nothing.. -.-''

10. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I guess money is more important to Le$ than the nine game winning streak. Otherwise we wouldn't have sacrificed a key rotation part just to get out from under an extra year of salary. I was content with nothing happening if only to maintain the current ride despite the fact this team wasn't going to be enough to get out of the first round.

A move like this is something teams not expecting to make the postseason do. Makes you wonder what Alexander's real priorities are. I understand him not being satisfied with the team and wanting to roll back cost but Jesus Crisp if you're not pumped about adding rather than subtracting from a team that is only four games out you have no business in this league.

This is a very risky move.

11. ibm

ibm Member

better be another move. but i doubt it.

if there's not follow-up moves, who is gonna be the 2 and/or 3 off the bench for us other than luther? snyder? novak?

man this is a bad night for me. long night's work and then checked the news. next thing i know is this trade and that gsw beat boston...

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Oh, ok. Stay away.

13. francisfan4l1f3

how come nobody else is reporting this trade?

14. playlife

playlife Member

I say over and i'll create 5 threads ;)

15. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I'll bet $100 on the over.

16. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Warriors fan opinions,

* Ugh makes Hornets stronger but it does make Houston a little weaker - toolegit99 2008-02-20 22:46:08 (0 views)

* Lets hope this is the start of a downfall for the ROckets - Kidofcrash

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

cause it's a speck of sand compared to the other trades that has happened

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Nah, the Rockets wanted to get rid of Snyder, understandably, but NO wouldn't do the deal for a scrub.

In other words, in order to get under the luxury tax, Houston had to give away something valuable. Bonzi.

I say we trade Lex Alexander for Dolan in NY.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

A 34 year-old midget combo guard for a versatile, younger, bigger Bonzi Wells...

Wells was the only guy on this team that was fearless taking the ball to the hole. The Rockets just officially became a team that will live by the jump shot.

I may have been premature a month ago but unless the Rockets make another move tomorrow, forget about the playoffs this season.

20. FFz

FFz Member

Look... the fact is we had a rookie in Aaron Brooks playing backup pointguard. In the past few games, AB has brought very very little to the table. He needs time to adjust and learn.

Jackson on the other hand is a veteran who played for Rick and knows his system and can help the team run it. He's also an excellent 3pt shooter...

Here's the box score to the miami game he played this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Arcc9ztAS.I0mhCAdtsynm2kvLYF?gid=2008011103

SOLID... if we had one of these games by AB, everyone on the forums would orgasm and clutch would prob go bankrupt b/c of all the bandwidth that would be used up.

Also we added to our team by subtracting MJ... Every single game we see MJ laughing on the side lines no matter what happens to the rockets. He clearly doesnt care about this team. He's a cancer and he needed to be traded. Plus we save 1 year off of his contract which to me is just cream on top.

We lose bonzi, but we were going to lose him this offseason anyway. There was no way Les was going to give him anything more than the MLE and we all know Bonzi is going to want more, and if he doesn't there's nothing stopping him from signing back with us this offseason.

Great trade Morey... Great trade.