1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Fire Morey if this trade goes through.

2. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Based on what we saw of Morey during the offseason, I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I would assume as well that this move would be a precursor to another move. But, who knows? Maybe the Rockets level of confidence in their overall point guard play needs more of a veteran infusion at the backup.

Bobby Jackson knows the system. He thrived under Rick Adelman once. It has been proven by Rafer Alston that the point guard under control can lead this team to victories. That means that shooting although at a premium for point guards, for the Rockets it's about tempo control which is necessary.

Wow, I honestly don't think the Rockets need to make a move. I like the team they have right now. The Rockets Yao and McGrady shot horribly against Cleveland, and they were blowing the Cavs out!! Sure the Cavs made it interesting near the end, but there was no doubt as to the outcome by that time.

It is interesting to say the least.

3. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

He actually is an injury prone player for his whole career, and you dont know how many games he will play for Rockets before he goes down.

I dont know whether James was a cancer to other teams or not, but for this season? Did he complain a lot of his playing times? Missed any games or training because of some bull**** reasons? Fought over Alston in the locker room?

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Okay... you picked an interesting post to quote, then. I don't think we should do the trade either. All I was saying was that Jackson was better than James, since jeremyang apparently doesn't think so.

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I would hate to lose Wells for anything other than an impact starter.

6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

overreact much? Three words: Scola, Brooks, Landry.

7. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I think it is a good trade. Wells is not doing well, James not even playing. Jackson can be a true sixth man.

8. jeremyang2002

For the past 5 seasons, Bobby Jackson played average 52.2 games for the regular season.

He is playing his 46th games for this season right now.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Certainly would be taking a step back against the Spurs.

10. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Jackson's limited contributions is better than James' zero contribution, because James sucks so bad he doesn't do anything but sit on the bench.

He didn't complain a lot this year about playing, but he did complain. He also complained a lot last year in Minnesota.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Don't do it Morey!!!!

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lets face the facts:
    1.) Bonzi has been inconsistent
    2.) James has been a nonfactor
    3.) This team won't win much more unless T-mac gets back to a semblance of himself.
    4.) T-mac and Bonzi don't really feed off each other.
    5.) This team thrives when the PG makes the right decision... whether its Rafer, AB, BJax, or even T-mac.

I agree we're wining right now with an subpar T-mac... partly due to some stellar play from Scola+Landry+Rafer (who will all stay here), partly due to Yao's continued ability to draw attention... and partly due to T-mac's decision making when he's double teamed.

Bonzi adds viable depth. So will Bobby Jackson. Bonzi is a better rebounder, Jackson is a better shooter. Jackson is a better passer+defender and knows the system. Bonzi is an inconsistent shooter, and doesn't get all that much out of the plays run for him in the post (except getting to the FT line... where he's only a 60% shooter).

Its basically Bonzi for Bobby Jackson... we lose some, but we gain a little more. Thus, its a win.

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

and what about the garbage that you get from butler opposed to the production from bonzi that would be lost?

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGFn-Q_FN44&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yGFn-Q_FN44&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

15. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

omg i hope this is not true...if we are thinking about trading bonzi...why not trade hi mto get miller or artest...omg i hate this idea

16. jeremyang2002

You said he IS a cancer.

Do you calculate the injury problem with Bobby Jackson?

Do you realize Bonzi Wells is much better player than Rasual Butler?

Do you realize Rockets will end up with paying 2.2m more?

17. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

Moery, please don't do this trade now. It's reasonable to pick up Bobby Jackson's contract over MJ's with the expense of Bozi. But will MJ be that hard to trade? After this season, MJ will only have two years left. For any team wanting him, it's basically one year rental and he will be a good expiring assest. Plus, without Bozi, who can post up with Yao not in the court. Our size in the guards going down further. Who will pick up for the long rebound? Please for the sake of playoff, don't trade Bozi at this moment unless you have following trade going on.

18. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

This could threaten our chemistry if this is the only deal we do before the deadline. No thanks.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Certainly the Spurs took a step forward this evening. I certainly hope we get as far as Spurs are likely to reach in '08.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Please don't tell me you think Bonzi has an effective post-up game... its cringe-worthy.