1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post] Nuggets, Cavaliers and Rockets "sincere suitors" for Andre Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaotmacshane, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on what he costs?

Of course Andre will make us that much better.The guy is a heck of a player....so underrated.Don't worry about how he shoots from three pointland.Andre can hit the open jumper and finishes.Defensively,he's above average.He's just a good basketball player.Miller's done it in college and in the pros.Andre knows how to run a team and we are sore need of that cohesive element.The guy makes teams better.That's the job of a PG.

Would I give up Brooks?Maybe.It's tough but our window is now and if you can pick up Andre Miller reasonably then you need to do it.

2. awo86

awo86 Rookie

not true. PG is our weakness and andre miller would make the biggest impact to us winning. Not mike miller, nor artest.

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think Snyder, James, and Brooks works. I'd do that, or Snyder, Rafer, and Head.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I would love either of those. I just think they're really looking for a 4.

5. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Hayes? Landry?

6. Sooner423

I'm thinking Scola. If they take Landry, Hayes or both rather than Scola, you have to do it. If they want Scola, it's a tougher call.

7. choujie

choujie Member

LOL. First Sam Smith, now Peter Vecsey. Two of the most infamous rumor creators.

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Cav's and Nuggests have a lot more trade assets to make this work.

9. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

We can't trade our trash for a guy like Andre Miller, come on people. Trades like James + Head + Francis + 1st rounder only works in your NBA Live video game, even there I don't think it will be accepted.

We have to give up something like Alston (if we have Miller, Alston is a wast) + 1st round and maybe James (hopefully) if not Landry ( :( ).. I don't think that giving brooks will be good, he's our futur point guard, he's not a futur AI but a good starting pg unlike Rafer Alston.

In my mind, the trade should be Alston + James/Landry + 1st rounder. Landry is very good but we must give up something with a value. Anyways, Miller isn't an expiring contract so giving up Landry isn't so bad.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

James, Alston all have negative trade values. This trade is as random as the other ones.

11. Sooner423

Rafer has negative value, but I don't think it's that low. Rafer, Snyder, Scola and picks works out nicely. If we move Landry instead of Scola, it will most likely have to include Bonzi as well.

12. choujie

choujie Member

Alston gets hated again. Alston has all the PG skills except shooting, if he can shoot he'd be close to Allstar level. Given his contract, I'd say has plus trade value.

You won't find many PGs outside rookie contract in this league making that much and be much better than Alston.

13. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

and if you go check the lenovo stats on NBA.com, you'd see that combinations of Alston, Battier, Yao, Hayes and McGrady are our most successful groups.

Its a shame his biggest weakness is such an area of need though. It gets magnified in our offense unfortunately.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Considering these team's situations, I think it makes everyone better.

Memphis gets completely out of Miller's contract via 3 expirings. No brainer.

Houston gets Andre Miller, essentially for Rafer Alston. No brainer.

Philadelphia gets Rafer (a downgrade from Andre Miller) but also add Mike Miller. They lose Shavlik Randolph...simply a casualty of war, so to speak. Alston/Miller/Iguodala/Evans/Dalembert could be a pretty nice lineup in the East, especially if they upgrade the PF position.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

well damn.... that actually makes a lot of sense; but does philly want those contracts? lots of money there. but since they're currently a playoff team i could see them doing it since the talent level they're receiving in return is pretty solid.

16. zforrest

zforrest Member

I stopped reading right there. Seriously, I presently would LOVE to ship McGrady, but if the "top players available" include Andre Miller...

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Agreed. There was a time I had little faith in the Rockets ability to draft well, but Morey did VERY well drafting late in the last draft. Brooks and Landry are proving to be outstanding picks. I don't know if it's his system or what, but I would like to see it happen again.

18. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

It's Andre Miller + Artest for TMAc. I think it's a fair trade, it's all depends on how you think about tmac's health.

19. yaofan07

yaofan07 Member

That actually looks good to me, except the Chron article said Memphis wasnt just looking for expirings anymore, and also mentioned that Miller would be especially difficult to get. But anyways, this trade seems to make a lot of sense for all 3 teams, except Memphis would probably be looking for some additional draft picks or somethin.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I figured that Philly would go for it because of the talent even if they're trying to put their payroll on a diet right now. They get 2 starters for 1, and I'm pretty sure that the consensus around the league is that Mike Miller > Andre Miller all by himself. Neither of the contracts is bad for what the guy brings to the table, either.

If they did that trade and managed to get the 6th seed, they could have an outside shot at taking a round in the playoffs.

Hmm...I hadn't seen that yet. Not sure why Memphis would put a hold on their fire sale though. In fact, they may just be saying that to look a little more respectable to their fans.

Anyway, if they need the pot sweetened a little, throw a 2nd round pick at them from both Houston and Philadelphia. It would be worth it for both teams to do that, in my opinion.