1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we could, would you want to go back to old jerseys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yeah, because we only had the ketchup and mustard for, what, 23 years before we won a title?

Personally, I hate, hate, HATE the red and gold color scheme. The only thing I miss from the old uni's is the word "Houston" on them instead of Rockets.

But, I can tell you there is ZERO chance the Rockets will go back to the old uni's so it isn't even worth discussing.

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I liked the pajama jerseys. Didn't have to change to go to sleep or school. :D

3. bbjai

bbjai Member

really? I really like the red and gold colour scheme. I thought it looked good when we retroed it not that long ago on the current team. Hence I am desperate for someone to get it for me and ship it out all the way here in Aussie land. Help a clutch fan out!!

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. Single Cell

Single Cell Member

I really like the font, shade of red, style, and shoulder cut of the championship jersey. The only thing I don't like is the gold trim. I don't think red and gold really go together well. I can dig them on retro nights, but I remember not liking having to watch them on TV every game. I wish we could adopt the same style, but just keep red and white as the color scheme.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Yes! I do like the shoulder cut of the current jerseys, but I wish the road version said Houston. I realize the word Rockets is more marketable, but since there's no way of going back to the old jerseys, that seems like something that could happen to the current jerseys.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The new jersey's are kinda blah.

It's like a bad hybrid of a NASA spacesuit crossed with the Chinese National Team jersey.

They really need to hire someone with some fashion taste - maybe get someone who's gay, lives in Houston, and is Chinese to design them if you want to make a jersey that's appealing to both Americans and Chinese.

8. MeatAndPotatoes

They need to make them good in the first place imo.

First thing they should do is fix the fugly shapes below the neck area. v-necks are ugly.

Next, there's on too many swoosh lines at the sides and bottom. I think there should be one line that continues from the sides and continues over the bottom of the shorts, but the second line in the pattern is just a little fruity looking.

Next, they need to tone down the gloss in these damn things. The color itself is perfect, but the it seems they are made of wax. Take that extra shineyness out of em.

Remove the word Rockets from the front and replace it with Houston, and place a small R logo bottom right corner of the front.

Improved letter fonts with a sleeker, yet more basic look.

An alternate jersey. Main color is black, and secondary is red.

^^^ make all that happen Les. [​IMG]

9. blender

blender Member

I like the old look as well. But I doubt the owners will be putting the city name on the front of the jersey anymore. They probably think it limits the team's global appeal.

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I think that isn't possible because Toyota is our sponsor.

11. drobsnightmare

In a heartbeat. Some teams get it right--Boston, Portland, Lakers, Spurs. Sometimes you have to leave well enough alone. The old Houston unis were classic in their own right and didn't need to change.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Which is why the team needs to be sold.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ya know, ya think it would be pretty easy to come up with something that made everyone happy....

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ya know, ya think it would be pretty easy to come up with something that made everyone happy...

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hate to repeat what someone else said, but hell yes!

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

personally, i never liked the "gold" and red. It doesn't look as nice as anyone elses uni - but maybe a more updated version would look better. The old home uniforms were fine though.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, they might have to lengthen the shorts a bit so the players wouldn't feel like they're radically different from the current style, but sometimes you just need to create your own style, even if it's returning to your roots. Call me and some of the rest of us sentimental, but I don't care. I probably am. ;)

18. jd3

jd3 Contributing Member

Make this thread a POLL and lets vote - i can tell you the outcome - 98% old uni's, 2% people that dont have any good taste. the pajamas and the new uniforms blow, ive got the retro jersey and refuse to buy anything with the new stuff on it. its just terrible - hate hate hate it.

:)

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

These are my favorite:

[​IMG]

But bringing back some yellow is a must.

20. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

The current jerseys are terrible. Too shiney, font looks like Chinese takeout, with the red stripes and the white shiney fabric, the players look like walking candy canes.