1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA ... Where Slutty Cheerleaders Happen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketman1979, Feb 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ahmedqman

ahmedqman Member

I'll agree with you, although I wouldn't express it in the way Jelle has.

2. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

international :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I hate beer and rock 'n roll too.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

to stop men from commiting sin in thier minds, you would have to take every stripper off the pole, model off the cat walk, hot girl out of the glub or mall...and in that world, men would commit sin in thier minds to any female celeb on TV. so women can't be seen in public at all because once you take away the slutty ones men will fanticize about the hottest one left.

imagine a world without p*rn, strippers, models, dancers, etc...

every women on the street would be the target for fantacy. and at that point people might start complaining about men STILL commiting sin in thier minds!

i think the only way to avoid this is to cover up all women from public view like in the middle east.

orrr, just get used to men being men and women realizing that they can make millions out of men's fantacies.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

cant control yourself, yetti? its ok.....

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I think cheerleading should be banned from sporting events, just like smoking in bars.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It's one of the few reasons why I still prefer attending baseball games over any other sporting event. It has a certain level of 'purity' and a no non-sense approach that I find appealing. It's family-friendly...

8. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Cheerleaders rock. Lighten up religous freaks. It's just entertainment.

/Catholics

/Loves cheerleaders

Don't tell my wife...

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

America and religion do not belong together.

10. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with having a healthy level of self-respect whereas you refuse to sell your body for money (this applies at so many levels, not just cheerleaders/p*rn stars/strippers, but also in the entertainment industry as well, be it actresses/singers). It's a "dignity" thing, not a religion thing (unless you equate religion with dignity, which I don't).

Anyways, this is more of a D&D topic. But suffice it to say that it's no longer considered shameful to make money off what "your mama gave ya;" it's encouraged/celebrated.

In the grand scheme of things, this is mostly a non-issue...

#30 tigermission1, Feb 16, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  11. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

There's plenty of religion in the US so it does belong. I understand people don't want to go to deep into this because it's deeper than just sports. I just couldn't help but express my feelings about cheerleaders and i feel sorry for them. I can't judge them, only God can do that but i just feel like some express in this thread (even though some are not serious) that it shouldn't be a part of sports. The fact i stated it's american is because sports is really
    extravagant with half time shows, cheerleaders, music etc. It has been proven most Americans can't watch Football (soccer) because there are not enough commercials, pauzes etc. In America sports is part of a show, thus entertainment but cheerleading shouldn't be seen as entertainment.
    I think the NBA should really consider banning it and of course all over the world where it is part of the basketball game.

12. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

I agree but if they had religion they would respect their bodies more because i know Christianity, Judaism and Islam teach the body should be preserved and it's like a temple. Not just some flesh you show to the whole world so it's seen as something nasty, filthy etc. It is what it is and i will keep watching basketball because i love it too much but it something that needs to be adressed imo.

13. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

America is about the money, always has been and always will be.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT? :confused:

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I like the picture where the 4 girls are bent over cause they're not wearing pants and you can see their butts

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can't tell someone they need religion or blame their "problems" on religion. I don't even see what they did wrong.

17. yobod

yobod Member

That's my thinking. If a woman is confident enough to get up there and flaunt what she's got, then power to her. Just because I or anyone else out there might be embarassed to do what she does in that situation doesn't mean she feels the same way about it. Ultimately, people are responsible for their own actions, and if you don't like cheerleaders, p*rn, strippers, etc....nobody is forcing you to look.

18. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Indeed you can't tell people they need religion but religious tend to have more self-respect in terms of their bodies. I don't get what you mean by blaming their problems on religion but what they're doing is indeed wrong. It's stereotypical in today's western hemisphere that it's all about looks and this is a product of it. It is sexual tainted and shouldn't be in sports, i believe it shouldn't be exposed at all but that's another discussion, because it has no value whatsoever and can only do bad. It has been part of the western society for a long time so most people don't see it as a problem and just something that's part of the game but i don't believe that. This is not how girls should expose themselves and most people think exposing themselves would be only their genitals or breasts (ass is not even considered exposing). This is already too much for any person to see but the most important thing is it shouldn't be a part of sports.

19. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Weeeeell...at basketball games they're kind of paraded out in the center of the floor. If you don't want your kids to be exposed to that kind of sexuality...well, you'll just have to go to a baseball game.

Most people do that instead, anyway.

20. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

honestly cheerleaders are one step away from strippers these days..all their provacative dance moves are straight up stripper moves..i know if i had a daughter id be HORRIFIED if she chose to see them as role models..its just become wayyy to risque...just my opinion.