1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola - starting PF

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 10, 2008.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Brooks has got to become more functional on this team and start taking minutes away from Rafer.

I have a funny feeling Adelman is saving Brooks for after the All Star break, coming down the stretch before breaking him out and handing him more minutes. But I feel this is his intention and has been his intention for a long time now.

As long as Rafer play the way he did last night and shoots a decent percentage, I have no problem with him playing. But the minute the ball starts swinging around to him and he clanks 2 jump shots in a row, he should have a seat, because he's not a good enough shooter to keep chucking them up and the defense is smart enough to keep forcing the ball to him for the jumper.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Remember around the time of the draft when everyone including myself was begging for a starting PF, either through picking one or trading for one?

Notice how that is no longer an issue at all. Now it's down to PG, backup SG, and backup C.

3. superx

superx Member

"he is like having a Jason Kidd type of player at the PF position in that he is about 2 or 3 moves ahead of most everyone on the floor."

Perfect comparison.
    I really have the same feeling about Scola.He is so smart to adapt himself for any situation on the court.

4. scola

scola Member

My job as a forest ranger has gotten me away from civilization, internet and NBA...

But I am very happy to know that Scola is showing some of his true level of play... and he will be much better next year.

It wouldn't be nice if I said "I told you so"... :p so I will just say that it was expected.

Having watched him play since before he got to his twenties, I always felt (as many, many others) his success in the NBA was his destiny. And watching Nocioni and Oberto (who are not better than him) doing well there, was just a confirmation.

And everybody, stop worrying about his FT%. He shoots better than he is doing this season, his shot will be back when his confidence and his comfort in the NBA grows. Last season he shot 76%.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Scola's the man. Ming and Tmac are the centerpiece. Bonzi and Battier are solid roleplayers. if only we had a pg....