1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Playoff Race Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ai_111, Feb 6, 2008.

1. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

So Wednesday is huge:

Rox get Sacramento
    Golden State gets Phoenix
    and Denver gets Orlando
    Dallas gets Portland followed the next night by Pheonix

-If we're tied for 7th by the break I will be very happy with our chances.

Over the break I'll be working on voodoo dolls for Iverson, Deron, and Paul.

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

You do know there is half a season to be played yet right?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nothing like newbie fans huh?

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

For now, we just gotta hope for the best for the rockets to make the biggest push they can, by winning tomorrows game against the kings, and winning games strongly after the all star break. Hopefully Yao and TMac will be strongly motivated to win even more ball games, cuz they both need to get outta the first round, and it's about time for TMac! I really hope it happens this year. And since TMac is not in the All Star game this year, that should really motivate him to be the most improved player after the All Star break and show people what he's capable of and how much damage he can do to other teams! w00 GO ROCKETS and finish strong with 1st, 2nd or 3rd seed!! :D

5. avb

avb Member

Phoenix has a very real possibility of falling out of the playoffs too depending on how long it takes them to adjust with Shaq. This is Phoenix's next 7 games:

Wed, Feb 13 @ Golden State
    Thu, Feb 14 Dallas
    Wed, Feb 20 LA Lakers
    Fri, Feb 22 Boston
    Sun, Feb 24 Detroit
    Tue, Feb 26 @ Memphis
    Wed, Feb 27 @ New Orleans

That's 6 possible losses out of the next 7 games. They lost Marion's production, and it's gonna take at least a few games with Shaq to adjust. Phoenix right now has 15 losses on the season, if they lose 6 they're in danger of falling out.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The good news regardless is that they're playing 4 out of their next 7 against teams we're chasing in the playoff race. As the end of the season gets closer, more Western teams will play each other which only benefits the Rockets provided they take care of their own business.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I'm not exactly a mathematician, but ...

8. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Tomorrow is going to be huge!!!!

Hey, right now, the Heat are beating Nuggets by 8!!!!!!!

9. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Okay. Miami lost by 1 in overtime. Wade almost killed himself during the process (you guys see hoe he dived for that loose ball? He just flung himself onto the first row! Man do I feel bad about him, take it easy man!) Damn. What's with these unbelievable wins GS and Thuggets are pulling off? What's wrong? :mad:

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

Kings lose to Memphis, they are better off tank it from now on...Rockets gonna help them with it tomorrow.

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I like your sig. We need more fans like you that have faith.

12. MeatAndPotatoes

damn, if the heat would have pulled that off, the nuggets would have been tied with houston and golden state for the 8th seed.

13. poprocks

poprocks Member

In the SW Division, look for the Mavs and the Hornets to go about .500 over the next ten games. In fact the Mavs with the way they have been playing lately could tumble out of the standings altogether. Phoenix can also fall. Any Western Conference playoff team stumbles right now can fall completely out of the picture. Phoenix has a really tough schedule ahead of them.

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

We just can't catch a break. The Heat were up against the Nuggets and the Wiz were up big against the Warriors. Looks like we're going to have to just keep winning now! :)

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Bulls were up by double digits on New Orleans in the 2nd half as well. Eastern teams suck.

16. TDRox

TDRox Member

I was just browsing the Eastern standings. I knew they were bad but when I saw that Washington has an 8-game losing streak and still own the 6th seed, my eyes popped. Wow.

17. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

You jinx it (again?) Oh I should go to that superstitions thread....

18. awo86

awo86 Rookie

damn...so frekin lucky...nuggets and wariors...we hav to beat them

19. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Key games for tonight:

Rockets Vs Kings:
    That one, we should win it. We are at home and the Kings are in a back-to-back away games. We should play really hard to win that one. Actually, at this situation, we should always play hard. THe west is too tight.

Importance: 10

Denver at Orlando:
    Magics are a good team, they are at home. Nuggets back to back away games. If they lose that one and we win, we will be ahead of them, cuz head to head, it s 1-1 and if we look at the conference record, we have a better record.

Phoenix at Golden States
    If they lose and we win, we will be ahead of them. Phoenix can beat even without Shaq, hope that they win. If GS wins, then, PHX will have 16 loses and we know that they have a very hard schedule waiting for them. SO, it wont be that bad. THe better is that GS loses.

Portland at Dallas:
    I want Portland to win it cuz we know that they are out of the race and if Dallas loses, they will have their 18th lose. Good news: Howard may not play tonight!!!!!

Importance: 7.5

SAS at CLE:
    SAS will also have 18 loses if they lose that one. THat s good.

Importance: 7

Miracles:
    Min beating Lakers
    Mil beating NOH
    SEA beating Utah

HUGE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Check out the Warrior's website. can't believe their already booking reservations for playoff tickets. Are they really that sure we can't overtake them for the 8th spot or even higher. :p

http://www.nba.com/warriors/warriors_intro.html