1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tmac Haters

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by WhoMikeJames, Jan 2, 2008.

1. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

The T-Mac hate is one of the more disgusting things about GARM lately. You learn to live with the good and the bad, but man, it is so irrational now. It doesn't matter -- Rockets win, Rockets lose, T-Mac plays great, has an off night, saves the Rockets or is merely a role player ... the never ending stream of hatred continues to spew.

2. tharges

tharges Member

DD, you got it exactly right why does everyone love this guy though? all of the drama on the bench tonight was an embarrasment. He is an awesome player, but thats just it. Is he an awesome team player? Is he a leader? Look he cares more about himself than anything, does he do anything with his team on a personal level to bring them together? Look at Lebron taking Gibson under his wing. Lebron is a leader with no other talents on his team, but he went to the finals with that team. We have a good team when T-mac plays a team game drawing the defense and kicking to other players for open shots. He looks way to much for his shots and the shot selection is horrible. I dont understand why he doesn't play the point, he is the best creator on the team and by far probably the best passer. Everyone is asking for another pg when we could have him at pg, bonzi at sg, battier at sf, scola pf, yao at C. They can all score and you bring landry, brooks, head, rafer, etc. off the bench to sub in.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Ummm...if I recall correctly, Yao Ming sat out the game when he had the same illness. The guy was in the hospital all day long and looked TERRIBLE. Yes he took some ill advised jumpers but he hit a couple of huge shots.

This is a good thread for you, based on the title. Camp out in here.

As far as playing the point, who defends Nash, Deron, Paul, Parker, Harris, Fisher, etc...?

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tracy has been inconsistent his entire career, and if there is an oppurtunity to get equal value for him(Bibby and Artest) then we should pull the trigger.
    Tmac is an outstanding talent, but his lack of consistent defense,running the break, hustle and health continue to hold him back.
    He is what he is, And while he is a great player I am not sure if he is who I want leading my team into battle.....

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That might work on your Xbox but in real life Tracy has ZERO starting pointguard ability......
    There are to many problems with that to even try to convey......

6. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

This is a great thread until you once again tried to derail into a YOF Vs TOF debate. You are kinda pathetic.

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

McGrady should be traded while the Rockets can still get something for him.

8. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

TMac is still the best player on this team, and the reason people hate on him so much is because they know that without him this team has no chance in hell of winning anything.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

It's the other way around. The Rockets have no chance in hell of winning anything with him.

Trade him if you want to advance past the first round.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Please don't make this thread into another

trade him
    Oh no
    Oh yes
    Oh no
    Oh yes

thread.

Don't let the poison in the GARM spill over here please...

11. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

i agree we should al stop callin tmac names
    but u know sometimes he does let his team down

12. Astockmarketgod

agreed....

just because Mclady is Mclazy and a Mchoaker...

we should refrain from calling him names...

13. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This thread sucks!

14. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

He is too slow. The only person to ever do this is Magic, and trust me Tmac is no Magic. So let's stick with our current line-up which is doing fine anyways.

15. JD2010

JD2010 Member

It's not like i lied. It was 1.7!! btw!! 1.7 seconds.

and no im not a YOF.
    I'm a ROFW/O-T

16. Sextuple Double

Just when I thought the IQ couldn't get any lower than my sig.

17. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

No, you're a ROFWDKABB

Rocket fan who doesnt know anything about basketball

18. JD2010

JD2010 Member

TOFR
    tmac only fan rookie

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

^^ you two should TIEW.. take it elsewhere

I don't think the Tmac bashers should be the only one singled out. Any type of blind hate should be dealt with accordingly, whether it's Tmac, Adelman, Yao, Head, or even Francis.

I'm not gonna lie I thought that McLady name was quite funny when I first heard of it, but then it got wayyy out of hand. I get frustrated a lot too, especially from last year's playoffs, but seriously guys, get over it. The Rockets aren't gonna trade Tmac this season.. so stop the trade threads. At least wait until the off season kthx.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Forget Tmac or Yao haters.

People who hate the Hakeem/Akeem years deserved thrown overboard the SS Minow. They don't belong here, people who discredit our championships and don't acknowledge the facts are just wasting space on these servers.

Who's with me on this?