1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Painful Commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by d.wang, Feb 11, 2008.

1. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Clyde is just in there because he won a championship for the Rockets. So, he's like guarenteed the job.

2. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Houston is dominating the paint area, WHAT A PLAY BY SCOLA!!! While TV screen showing points in paint, Blazer 20 Houtson 4......(2 seconds later)...."Blazers is dominating"......... long time silence......

3. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

He's better than George W. Bush.

4. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Clyde is absolutely hilarious. How could you call him a painful commentator when his comments always put a smile on your face? :D

5. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Honestly I don't mind Clyde, I mean everyone makes mistakes, but he says the same things over and over in every game. And sometimes the things he says are false! We need some like Matt Bullard in there, not Clyde.

6. Sextuple Double

"Good move by Adelman bringing in Luther Head for ball-handling and stability as the Rockets try to close out this game"

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

If you dont laugh and murmur "wtf clyde!" when you hear this, you must be kidding me. :D

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I also thought of this: Why not let Bullard sit in with them and have three commentators for home games? They've done this for a few games this year. This way you get Clyde's stupidity (for those who like it) with Bullard's commentary. When all three of them were together, I found it much more enjoyable. Not sure why they only tried that out for a few games.

Heck, Clyde's so bad they won't even let him interview anyone! "Let's throw it back it to Bart whose standing by with..."

Actually let me continue on a mini-rant: Why are our star players never interviewed on our home network? Yao and Tmac could go for 60 a piece and Rafer would be interviewed with them asking questions about the Mac/Yao greatness. What gives? Yao and Tmac are readily available for national game interviews - they should be available for their true fans who watch all their games. I don't particularly like watching Rockets Live Postgame only to have them bring in Rafer - I'd like to see some insight from Yao and Tmac sometimes too.

9. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

LOL That guy pissed me off so much in the summer. The background is all quiet then out of nowhere he screeches "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ELY AHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

10. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

:eek: LMAO :D

11. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Bring back CALVIN MURPHY!!!!!