1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRON] Justice: Rockets finally tied for 8th seed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I modified his title because it probably hasn't had a chance to be snazzed-up by an editor yet. "Climb in West Continues for Rockets" is so bland, don't you like mine better? :p

Here it is...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5524144.html

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

LOL he wrote that the records are tied which is true but didn't mention that GS has a 2-1 advantage for the time being which puts us in the 9th spot.
    He has absolutely no insight into the game and writes extremely bland articles.

#2 saleem, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

everybody seems to think we are tied..

if the playoffs started today, the Rockets would be outside looking in...

still got a lot of work to do over the next 33 games

GO ROCKETS

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

they are tied for 8th and no, the playoffs won't start today.

btw, the tie breaker (and notice its called a tie breaker) is only relevant at the end of the season. h2h doesn't mean much in February especially when we'll be playing them again before the season is over.

5. across110thstreet

funny, the standings on yahoo sports and espn seem to have us at number 9.

for what it's worth, the Rockets need to end with the better record. even with a win on march 21, I wouldn't want to rely on the conference record if we end up tying GSW or any other team for that matter.

it's no big deal, I'm confident the Rockets will get the 5 or 6 seed anyway...

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

lol, hate yahoo sports, so many mistakes.

anyway, i agree with yah, tie breakers suck! with roughly a 1/2 season left we're 5 games back of first. if hope really does "spring eternal" Rocket fans need not temper their enthusiasm. no team has the "x-Clinched Playoff Berth" by their place in the standings. a world of possibilities await ...

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I believe Yahoo Sports also alphabetizes teams. So if we were the Giddy Houston Rockets, we would be 8th.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Just checked East standings. They don't alphabetize it. ;)

9. 99bb

99bb Member

NBATV has made a mistake. It shows that Denver is 29 and 20. Fortune teller?? :D

10. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

wild , wild west conference, we have to take the game one by one

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This season seems to be playing out a lot like T-Mac's first year here in 2004-05. The Rockets started out poorly, finally picked things up in January, and had I believe an 8-game winning streak going into the All-Star break before finishing with 51 wins.

If we take care of business in our next 3 games, we'll have an 8-game winning streak going into the All-Star break after starting out poorly and picking things up in January. We'd also be on pace for approximately 51 wins.

Let's just hope the season doesn't end in the same fashion, with the Rockets blowing a 2-0 lead against their first round opponent. :)

12. superx

superx Member

We'll exceed Denver for sure.I always believe it Even at the time that we were under 0.500 record.
    Denver isn't the good team which equal us,so is GS.
    We'll be 7th or 6th seed in the west after this regular season.
    The writer is right,we are in right direction.

13. superx

superx Member

I remember we had a 7-straight win before All-Star break in 2004-2005.

14. yobod

yobod Member

The season for the Rockets is going to come down to the final 15 games of the season. We play 10 of our last 15 on the road, with almost all of the games going against teams that will be near us in the standings. Right now, all the Rockets can do is keep posting W's and continue to (hopefully) move up the standings, so that when those last 15 games do come, we'll have a little bit of a cushion between us and that 9th spot. The fact that this is a very good road team makes the schedule a lot easier to swallow.

15. across110thstreet

it was an 8 game streak before the break and a 7 game streak to close out the season before the showdown in Dallas

16. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

if we were in eastern conference, we would tie for 4th seed. west is much more stronger, hard for rox.

[​IMG]

17. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

That is amazing. I cant believe that Portland fell out this early, I look for them to dive even further in the standings.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I can't believe a 20-29 team is on pace to make the playoffs in the East. Even if 2 teams in the West get shafted and don't make it, can we still just disqualify the 7th and 8th seeds in the East and give Boston and Detroit byes? I don't want them building up any undue confidence by winning four games in a row with an avg margin of victory of 22.

19. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I believe yahoo sports shows the playoff rankings if it were today. In this case, technically we would be ninth because we would be the best team left who didn't qualify.

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

hey dude, I just realized today is your birthday. Happy Birthday man