1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excuse Me While I Give Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jan 15, 2002.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Francis was not very effective tonight. I guess it was just one of those nights.

2. clyde

clyde Member

I am crushed: ((((
    The victory already ours seemed. Solid advantage...... And such awful end (I did not sleep all night (at us early morning) to look this game on espn (Play-by-play)).... I am simple in a shock: (((

But at us in Russia in difficult times we shout: " We believe in a command(team)! "

3. alaskansnowman

With Francis we are 11-9, but we could be much better. For the amount of talent Francis has, he can run this team much better than he currently is.

4. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

A couple of things

1. As a team we are not mentally tough

2. Moochie is not as good as he was last year and is a liability on defense.

3. Put Kenny on the bench, I don't care how well he is playing

4. Cato should have played down the stretch

5. SCREW this "give it to Moochie BS" down the stretch in tight games, we win or lose with the "Franchise"

5. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Francis, it is true to say that Francis is struggling to run this team. It is as clear as day.

For those who question our commitment to the team, you all are crazy. The things I sacrifice to watch this game tonight! Why must we sit down and smile, ha ha ha, when we see repeatedly bonehead plays. Need I remind you and Mobley that we are in a hole and we are trying to get out. The Utah game and tonight could have been won if Mobley keeps himself under control.

And I guess Iverson showed that Francis is not in his class really. The way he creates space for his shots. Heck even Speedy sped pass Francis, regularly.

6. haven

haven Member

Bet I see Jeff on here soon...

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

As I already said a number of times, if someone would have even moved to try and get open to receive a pass, maybe Mooch would have passed it, but everyone ran off to their spots and didn't come to help.

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

No one on this board needs to be telling anyone they are not true fans. Many posters on this board have thousands of posts and if we weren't true fans we would not be spending time on fan websites. I dont know how long you have been reading this site, but you surely can not say that Jeff is not a true fan.

It's as simple as this. I watch basketball for enjoyment. You watch a team and become a fan of team to get some enjoyment. There is only so much bad basketball that you can watch. When it stops being enjoyable why watch.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wimp.

Think back to the 1982-1983 season...

Then feel better...

Then be a MAN... :mad:

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Sounds logical :eek:

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Until this team matures there will be a lot of frustrating games.

The key to trusting your teamates is not to trust them for 3 and 1/2 quarters but to trust them in the clutch too...remember Mario, Kenny, Max..Horry, Cassel...

When the Rockets learn to pass at the end they will be better.

Personally, I think until Eddie becomes the main offensive weapon they will struggle.

DaDakota

12. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Well all you fair weather fans, the fact is Iverson juss had a spectacular game. He went off for his freaking career high! And he broke the rockets record for opponents scoring against us. THe dude scored 60freaking points, thats why we lost! If he had his average game, or even abvoer average and scored 40 we in. If speedy doesnt step up we win. WE lossed thisg ame cuz of iversons spectacular game! This was the BEST game he's EVER played. amonth the 5-6 seasons he's been in the league, 400-500 games, this was his SINGLE best game. Okay? although we kinda did suck it up, if iverson doesnt have this hell of a and one in a million type games, we win, aite? Dont start selling out juss yet.

13. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I was shocked the Rockets played as well as they did, despite the painful ending.

They just met the wrong player on the wrong night.

Things are starting to come together.

Walt does suck though.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually we win if we just hit 70% of our free throws.

The team does not act like every possesion, and every point are important.

2 points in the first quarter are just as important as 2 points in the last 2 minutes.

Concentration and attention to detail are what is lacking.

DD

15. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

I'm not knocking Kenny, I think he plays his ass off. But Griffin already brings more to the table than he does. Any thoughts of bringing Griffin along slowly should be dispelled by now. Kenny will be a good change of pace coming off the bench and that will make this a better team

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I can agree with that.

17. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Why are the two mutually exclusive, they haven't been so far and why should this stop, Griffin will get his minutes, why worry, didn't he just play the entire 4th and overtime and Kenny deserves him minutes too!! They can both play and if Kelly plays half decent he will get a few minutes too. Expecting 40 plus minutes for Griff is recipe for disaster!!!

18. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Never give up, never surrender!

Sure some games may be ugly, or heartbreaking, or vomit inducing, and yes there are those that hurt just as much and even more than now. With many though, that is reason to call off the season, but you must look down deep. Find that special place where your Rocket love resides. Remember all the moments that had you cheering, that had your heart pounding, and that had you imbedded in the game. For those moment shall return.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I just want to know what the hell was Moochie smokin when he made the quotes that were in the Chronicle?!?!

He said something to the effect that if we were to take all five games on the road we would be right back in it!

Hey Mooch, why dont you freakin concentrate on one game at a time instead of worrying about beating Philly, Toronto, Boston and NJ at the same time?!?!?! :confused:

20. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Thanks, I needed that !!!!!

GO ROCKETS ! BRING ON THE RAPTORS !

P.S. IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE..... CAN IT ?