1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are radical Muslims for Obama?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ROXRAN, Feb 5, 2008.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Under the Democratic Presidency,...I see.

2. Major

Major Member

What are the ties that bind and where is the money going?

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Muslim Americans for Obama ’08,” proposes installing Muslim prayer areas in public places and giving Muslims time off for prayer

Man that is so r-a-d-i-c-a-l.

Next thread up ... Why did radical Christians force mainstream Americans to endure two terms of W's incompetence? ... Because naturally they HATE America!!!

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

there's enough blame to go around, the republicans like to use the lives lost as political collateral.

5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this is the very logic you used to start this thread.

you went and got your panties all in a wad about what "radical muslims" want and started a thread about it. how come you care so much about what "radical muslims" think, but not al-qaeda?

why the double standard?

6. ROXRAN

Let's not have selective tunnel vision syndrome...This is a common liberal disease though...Please seek professional help.

...further:....
    Institute a Law to allow Muslim Employees to take an hour off from work for Friday Jummah Prayer.
    Make the 2 Eid’s recognized National Holidays on Calendars with days off from work.
    Provide prayer areas suitable for Salah and Jummah, in public and private facilities. (i.e. Malls, Airports, Universities and government buildings.)

7. Major

Major Member

Oh, here are his other supporters by the way:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/02/military-donors.html

Military Donors Back Ron Paul & Obama

February 04, 2008 3:19 PM

The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the following:

In 2007, the 2008 presidential candidates raised $582.5 million and spent $481.2 million.

In the 4th quarter of 2007, individuals in the Army, Navy and Air Force made those branches of the armed services the No. 13, No. 18 and No. 21, contributing industries, respectively. War opponent Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military, collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

Soldiers love Ron and Barack
    , and lobbyists love Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-NY, the No. 1 recipient of lobbyist cash, receiving $823,000 in 2007 from the lobbying industry, which gave about $2.7 million overall.

Lawyers and law firms have contributed more than any other industry, giving $46.6 million. Democrats got 77 percent of that, with Clinton the top recipient.

Youth vote, shmooth vote, Obama has raised more from retired individuals -- the second biggest donor group -- than any other remaining candidate.

The securities and investment industry, in third place, gave nearly $28.7 million, 56 percent to Democrats, Clinton the top recipient.

8. jo mama

you mean the anthrax strains which came from cia laboratories and only went out to people opposed to the bush administration like senators daschle and leahy?

did we ever catch who did that?

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, Major can supply links for his facts. Interesting technique.

ROXRAN, I tend to have very high tolerance and even respect for your posts, but this seems like a new low.

This thread is more a statement on you than Obama, I fear. Is this really about Obama's handgun policy or something? Why are you having this irrational, emotional reaction against the guy?

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Institute a Law to allow Muslim Employees to take an hour off from work for Friday Jummah Prayer.

... and all of this propaganda from the wacko religious right who want to mandate daily CHRISTIAN prayer is ALL public schools.

Both mandatory school prayer and forcing employers to accommodate Jummah are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We found out about Al Qaeda wanting the U.S. to stay in Iraq, not from their word, but from actual captured internal memos between Al Qaeda leadership. Those memos were not meant as public PR statements.

Apparently I'm not the one that's clueless.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Al Qaeda is using more than just talk. They are using bombs, threats, money, human lives etc.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...ary-donors.html

Military Donors Back Ron Paul & Obama

February 04, 2008 3:19 PM

The Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign cash, looks at the 2007 money-raising and finds the following:

In 2007, the 2008 presidential candidates raised $582.5 million and spent $481.2 million.

In the 4th quarter of 2007, individuals in the Army, Navy and Air Force made those branches of the armed services the No. 13, No. 18 and No. 21, contributing industries, respectively. War opponent Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, received the most from donors in the military, collecting at least $212,000 from them. Another war opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, was second with about $94,000.

h/t Major

Teh ownage could hardly be any more massive.

14. ROXRAN

Considering the value they put on human lives, it is so much cheaper next to monetary liquidity...

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Wow. That is really eye opening.

Eye opening that so many of our soldiers support terror and want America to lose!

16. jo mama

ive heard this before...you listen to michael savage, dont you?

do you know anything about that guy?

first off, his real name is michael weiner. i suppose WEINER NATION doesnt carry the same weight as SAVAGE NATION so i cant really fault him for that one.

second - he is a total hippie liberal. lives in san fran - he has a phd in botany for gods sake. writes all these hippie books about nutrition and herbalism. used to hang out with all the beat writers and l.s.d. guru timothy leary - went nude sunbathing with people like allen ginsburg (whom he also allegedly had an affair with).

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE WEINER NATION?

17. jo mama

so basically the troops are supporting the candidate who is the most vocal about wanting to bring them all home a.s.a.p.?

that should tell everyone all they need to know about how the troops feel about the war(s).

im waiting for the bush supporters to tell us that the troops hate the troops and want the troops to lose!

18. ooze

ooze Member

i didnt realize people actually took joe kaufman seriously hahahahahahha

19. cson

cson Contributing Member

Is that Swiftboat I smell in here?

20. ROXRAN

I didn't know that the 466 military donars represent the "troops",...I realize 466 is a lot of folks, but so is 413, or even 140...What about them?

Look I realize that out of the thousands, there can be 466 military folks who have contributed this money and misinformed. It happens...but to say 466 out of thousands represents a true indicator of collective ideology is wrong, wrong, and wrong...come again.