1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Random Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thumbs, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Is Sacramento looking to dump salary?

It looks like they have alot of bad contracts.... (SAR, Kenny Thomas)

If so this deal might work......

Bonzi
    Snyder
    Francis
    James

For:

Bibby

That would dump $7+ Mil after this season, not to mention MJ coming off the books in 08-09.

2. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would love to get Salmons from them. He has played great when he has been given minutes. Since Artest and Bibby have come back Salmons doesn't play very much but I doubt that they will trade him. He would be a great boost for this team. He could run some point but just like every trade that has been mentioned they are never going to happen.

3. MONON

MONON Member

I'll have whatever he's drinking!!! :D

4. James23

James23 Member

If the Lakers could get Gasol, can the Rockets pick up Mike Miller?

5. ttkun

ttkun Member

怎么不趁麦子手热把麦子交易出去呢?

6. metalshred

metalshred Member

It is true that by trading Gasol the grizzlies show the determination to rebuild the team. But who's going to drill the treys after trading miller?

Since now they don't have a superstar post player, they can't risk to lose miller. Once they trade miller they'll have no threat to the opponent team in or outside the post, which means the opponent team can just concentrate their defense on gay and the grizzlies will be literally DESTROYED.

I would love to see Mller play for the rockets, but it sounds more like just a dream.

7. ttkun

ttkun Member

How about Using T-MAC trading Miller and Gay?

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm kidding to a certain extent, but if you follow the trajectory of K-Mart's career after leaving Jersey its a pretty solid conclusion (injuries aside) that he isn't half the player without Kidd. Even Mikki Moore, your classic journeyman, was able to get mid level exception money after just one season of playing with Kidd. Stromile can run the floor and dunk, if you can do that, you'll look great on a Jason Kidd run team.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Points well taken, yet - K-Mart has been surgically repaired, and re-repaired some more. (Microfracture is not an easy return from.)

Mikki Moore is one to salute, a true scrub who has worked and worked then worked some more and harder and deserves everything he gets.

But, you are right - Stro just might look NBA-worthy with Kidd. If not, assuming Kidd is there more than 3-5 games, he should just fade away like a Rafer...

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Should have read: he should just fade away like a Rafer J...

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tmac, Rafer, Bonzi, and Mike James for Kidd and Jefferson. Provides New Jersey with a point, scorer and bench points, and 2 expiring contraxts (Bonzi and MJ I think).

Watch Kidds energy go up a 1,000 percent and our defense field goal percentage drop with Shane and Richard Jefferson locking up 2's and 3's all day long like the clock on the wall.

12. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Hakim Warrick anyone?

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

My picks for trades outside of Jefferson, Wright, and Kidd for Tmac, Bonzi, Rafer, and Mike James.

1. Artest - Imagine this lineup
    Scola - Center
    Landry - PF
    Artest - SF
    Shane - SG
    Tmac - PG

2. Gerald Green - Tmac and Shane could teach this dude a lot about NBA ball. Please remember Tmac was suffering in Toronto

3. Darius Myles - This guy was giving people fits before the injury. He can score and play D. Also young and athletic, only downside is his bball IQ. Could spell Tmac and give us some scoring.

4. Charlie Bell (Milwaukee) - Body language says he doesn't want to be there and can score as a replacement for Tmac

As you can tell, I'm trying to find scoring when Tmac goes to the Bench.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Where do you play him? He's cheap talent and that's rarely ever a bad thing but I don't see how he would get any minutes given that he's only proven to be able to play the four.

I've always been kind of disappointed with Warrick. I thought coming out of college he fit the mold of and could model his game after Tayshaun Prince. I really thought he could use his length, athleticism and quickness to make a solid SF provided that he could develop better perimeter skills and a jumpshot. I guess that never happened though.

15. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Our weakest link is PG. And Calderon is the best in the market. I would love to see him in Rox.
    The perfect plan is to send someone like MJ, Snyder or even Francis/Wells. We just have too many SG.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Head/Bonzi/Snyder for Maggette. A pick or two would probably be necessary on our end but it would help if he publicly stated his desire to move elsewhere like Artest has.

Maggette has a player option and can opt out just like Artest plans to do this summer.

Snyder and Bonzi are both expiring contracts so take those deals and combine them with Cassell's expiring contract and that's over $10 million in salary coming off of the books.

Not to mention, for a team that's had Dan Dickau, Brevin Knight and Quinton Ross playing heavy minutes in their backcourt i'm sure that they could find a use for Luther's solid shooting.

I shouldn't need to explain how Maggette would make us better provided he could stay healthy. He's athletic, explosive and attacks the basket getting to the line nearly 10 times a game (nearly top 5 in the NBA). He could be a dominate force heading up our second unit and/or 4th quarter "closing" lineup.

17. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

OMG calderon would a dream come true.

18. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I wish we could of traded for kyle korver. a couple of expiring contracts and a pick would of did the trick. But I guess giving up a first round pick was the deal breaker. :(

19. Vivid

Vivid Member

How about

Grizz trade-
    Miller
    Cardinal
    Navarro

Recieve-
    Snyder
    James
    Francis
    Head
    1st round pick

Kings trade
    Artest

Recieve-
    Battier
    2nd round pick

Rockets trade
    James
    Francis
    Head
    Snyder
    1st pick
    2nd pick

Recieve-
    Artest
    Miller
    Navarro
    Cardinal

Grizz- get rid of Cardinal's contract and pick a young talent in Head and a draft pick.

Kings- get a solid player who will revitalize their chemistry and energy level, they also get a pick and don't lose Artest for nothing. Battier's contract is better than Nene's and is in my opinion a better player. They don't lose that defensive presense.

Rockets- You go for bust trading both picks. You get Artest and Miller and you say this is the year. Our three point shooting gets a huge B12 boost.

Yao Landry Deke
    Scola Hayes
    Miller Artest Novak
    Tmac Wells
    Alston Brooks Navarro

-V

20. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

We neeeed Mike milller make it happen :(