1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy the Patriots Lost?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Butterfingers, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Are you happy the Patriots lost?

1. Yes

217 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    29.5%
  1. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

You know it's only the Dolphin players from that team that do all the talking......BUT think about how MUCH worse it would have been with the current Pats team AND their masshole fans. Bill Simmons would be writing about this **** for years!!!!

It would be Boston this and that for years and years. Hell, those massholes were a bunch of arrogant bastards even when they lost.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

There are teams that you don't hate when they are great! This Pats team is not it! Most people don't hate them because they are great, they hate them because the way they act.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

This is going to get interesting one day...and I'll never be able to show my face here again. :(

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

hope you're not fb...or mig looking at fb...

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm friggin ecstatic! What a great way to start Belichick's 1 year suspension!

6. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I've got 2 jerseys in my closet...Romo and Brady...how do you think I feel?

I HATE New York, but they won and they deserve credit.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

An extra $1500 in my pocket says I'M VERY HAPPY! W000000T!!!! :D

8. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

for me the mavs choking in the finals against the heat is a bigger choke job. they were up 2 games and leading in the 4th quarter. they proceeded to get swept.

atleast against the warriors they had struggled during the regular season, so getting beaten by them wasn't a complete shock. but these still rank just below this game due to the fact that the pats were 18-0, and the giants were a wild card team.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Bill Simmons.

Tiki Barber.

Boston.

Ecstatic.

10. Single Cell

Single Cell Member

It's bitter sweet for me too. I really hate the hype machine behind the Patriots, yet I would have liked for Moss to rub his ring in the face of those who said he was done. At the same time, I despise that smug Eli Manning and the NY sense of entitlement. Regardless of who won, I[m going to have to hear the media slobber over the champion the next few months. I couldn't root for any of the teams in this Super Bowl. I would have preferred it if Favre had beaten NY for one last shot at another ring. Oh, well.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I'm a Rams fan so its not even a question. I will be offering thanks to God for the rest of my days.

Plus I hate all that crap about i wanted to witness history, blah blah blah.
    If we were talking about a team that wins in a classy manner and didnt have a tool like belicheat as a coach then i could understand.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

When the Cowboys lost, I no longer cared what team won the Super Bowl. However, has any playoff team ever beaten opponents with an aggregate record of more than 37 wins (Dallas, 14; Green Bay, 15; and New England (18)? I'm not even counting the first team they beat -- whoever that team was.

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

tampa had 8 or 9?

14. Asian Sensation

Hailll freakin Yahhhh!

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Very hard to say........

Pats had incredible 18-0 season (all-time great) end by 3 points to a 10-6 team that almost did not make the playoffs. But the Pats have champions before on several occassion, while the Mavs have not.

We know Pats can win big game they just happened to lose this one, but there will be other battles.

The Mavs had choking process took place over two years.....being up by 14 and up 2 games to a big zero and they proceeded to blow that lead and lost the next 3 games and roll into the next season with one of the best records in NBA history 67 wins only two off of second place Chicago Bulls (1997) and Los Angeles Lakers (1972) and get their a$$ handed to them by a team that was only two games over .500.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

of course i am!

every new yorker is!

17. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

You bet on the Giants? Wow you must have some major cajones. Or did you just cover the spread?

18. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Before this game, you knew you'd be telling your kids about this one some day.

Either you saw the 19-0 Patriots win the Super Bowl or you saw the biggest upset in NFL history.

I kinda wanted the Pats to win but I just watched one of the best Super Bowls I've ever seen. I can't really complain.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Hmm, no win situation for me. I hate Boston and really don't want to see them win 3 titles this year. Plus, if they won then this team and Brady would get slobbed for eternity. Then again, I wanted to see Moss win.

I also hate the Mannings and now that Eli won he will get slobbed for life for beating an 18-0 squad. However, I am one of the few that can respect an athlete even though I don't like them (i.e. Kobe). Unlike his brother, Eli actually stepped up and put his nuts on the table when it mattered.

Oh, and I am tired of the 72 Dolphins and now I have to keep hearing them talk ****. Hmm, what is worse...the Boston or NY media....

At least I got to see a great game and two Texas boys got rings (Ross and Strahan).

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm no Pats fan, but I am a fan of historic moments. Thus, the Pats losing makes me sad. Then again, this may go down as the biggest choke in sports history, which equals a different kind of historic moment. So, I'm elevating my mood from sad to guarded optimism.

As much as I dislike Boston, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY didn't want to see a NY team win. Now that they pulled it off, all I'll say is that I'm just glad I no longer live in Manhattan. The next week or so would have been absolutely brutal, what with the amount of arrogance and immaturity sure to be exhibited by Giants fans and douchebag NY bandwagoners. Ugh, it makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

EDIT: Ugh, I totally forgot about the Manning family and the inevitable 3,482 new Manning commercials to be aired in the future. We're ALL losers now.