1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do You Value Yao Individually Dominating Over a Rockets Win?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by v3.0, Feb 2, 2008.

?

Do You Value Yao's Individual Accomplishments Over a Rockets Win?

1. Yes, Yao's Individual Success Comes First and the Rockets Team Success Second

8.8%
  2. No, as long as the Rockets Win I'm Happy

91.3%
  1. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

What do YOH, TOH, YOF, TOF, and iso-ed mean? :confused:

2. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yao only hater
    T-mac only hater
    Yao only fan
    T-mac only fan (though I've never seen one of these)
    iso-ed is an arcane reference to a bizarre thread that, I believe, came from Titan sports via translation. Allegedly T-Mac told Yao "We will iso you! All your shot are belong to us!" or something like that. I think it means "frozen out of the offense." :D

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yea! Preach it, pryuen -- we are in agreement on this one for sure.

But even though the thread's questions were (very) obnoxious, the poll results show that 10% (!) of the posters disagree with me and you. That's interesting I think. It disturbs some people who have been here for up to a decade cheering on all Rockets players.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

it's funny that Yao doesnt care about numbers. He would rather go 2/15 and the rockets win that him going 15/15 and the rockets lose....YOF's should be happy if Yao's happy...they make me sick

6. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Well said. Close thread. Ban thread starter. Enjoy Rocket wins.

7. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

is this a rhetorical question??

if it's not, let me take a jab at it:

if the scenario you suggested takes place, we get a "latest Sina article" thread started by Mr. Pryuen delivering us how displeased an obscure SINA writer is with the Rockets despite all the great things he did.. They blame the Rockets for wasting Yao Ming's effort, and they call for Les to sell the team to someone who can surround the best center in the history of the game with players that can help him win if he put up 40/20/7/7 .. of course, the first to get the blame is "Me-Mac" or "she-mac" or whatever creative new name YOFs come up with.. Then we get all those articles that call for "isoing" the Rockets from Ming's efforts and trading him to the Celtics so he can have an above average supporting cast of Garnett, Pierce, Allen, and ROndo to help him lead the his team (the Boston celtics would be renamed "Yao's team") to a championship..

So yeah, don't pretend that everybody on the planet wants the Rockets to win and doesn't care about Yao's stats.. V-span fans wanted Spanoulis to succeed and didn't care much about the team's performance, which isn't wrong ..

heck, if an American player was playing soccer in the Spanish league (which is the most competitive soccer league on earth), I would be pulling for this player like crazy and I would want him to succeed ..

So after all, there's nothing wrong with YOFness, it's just that their interests and the interests of the actual rockets fans that pull for the rockets cannot coexist, that's why multiple website would solve the problem, and that's why the GARM in clutchfans is unbearable right now and you rarely see any of the original '99 members posting in the GARM..

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Just one other consideration, which might be worthwhile considering. If Yao Ming plays well and is the leader of the Rockets, it is more likely to bring in the interest of other players rather than if Tracy McGrady plays well .
    Possibly the urge to play with Yao is stronger than the desire to join a team with Tracy McGrady as its leading performer. :p

9. Seth

Seth Member

YOF should be at least routing for Yao to win the championship, no matter how he win it, It will demand a Rockets win too.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

jkidd has already stated the most sought after young player that most of the players he talked with is dwight howard. orlando will be a magnet very soon.

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

I wouldn't take the results seriously.

Ask a stupid question...get a stupid answer.

I answered yes btw. Yes i lied cuz the question really is that dumb.

12. supermagic

supermagic Member

Of course Rockets win is much more important. The answer could be different if you ask me this question years ago when Yao was trying to prove himself as a worthy player in this league. At this point of Yao's career, winning playoff series and snatching the ultimate championship are far more important in proving Yao's worth than padding individual stat sheets. Even YOFs should see that.

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

That is because Orlando wants Howard to be dominent and has facilitated their game plan for him to be so.
    In the Rockets case, they only seem to encourage Yao to be a good team player rather than taking charge and being a dominent leader. :p

14. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

What a dumb poll.

And I am surprised by some of the names which show up in the section of people who voted 'Yes'.

15. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

So after reading your 300 words eassy, the only point that you wanted to make is that the so called YOFs are not welcome here and should leave. I thought Clutch is the owner of this site and he's the one who decides who is welcome here and who has to leave. Who do you think you are anyway to tell other people to leave? Don't think too much about yourself. It will only set yourself up for a big disappointment.

16. aaronbrooks_ab

TMac Only Fans: If you have problems with Pryuen's articles, then here's a solution: DON'T READ EM!

For the rest of us who enjoy the articles, THank you Pryuen for your tireless dedication. One of the big reasons I like browsing Clutch Forum is Pryuen's translations.

17. vince100

vince100 Member

the one star rating says all about the stupidity of the thread.

op thought he was so smart to start such a poll to catch all YOFs, yet simply by starting this thread he clearly showed how much a YOH he was.

just cannot imagine how much more r****ded some of these thread starters can get.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'm still LOL at alot of you for taking the bait, my masterful thread is a study in the thoughts of extremists one sided fans (since I'm the one throwing the fishing line then my little joke is understandably controversial to many)

Since I'm a true Rockets Fan I'm not bothered by some of the labeling on me cause those are ultimately irrelevant...but to clarify, someone needs to check their reading comprehension cause I'm not attacking Yao, I'm poking fun of certain fans of him...

I humbly nominate my thread as Thread of the Year :D

19. aaronbrooks_ab

Yes, I am thankful for your thread also because now we all know what kind of an idiot you really are. Don't kid yourself. Everyone thinks this thread is crap, and your reputation has dimmed. Good job.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Somehow a person who just popped in this month with just 13 posts isn't really registering to me. I think it's an understatement to say who cares what you have to say.

Plus the Super Bowl is on.