1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[GAME] Devil May Cry 4

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mlwoo, Jan 30, 2008.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

This guy:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k_jcmjJKVsE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k_jcmjJKVsE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Havent really heard too much about it, but will probaly check my friends copy out (he is a huge DMC fan) and if I like it I will pick it up. Havent liked one since the original...

3. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

I loved Ninja Gaiden on my OG xbox, now i'm with PS3 i have to try this when it comes out, just love those slash game lol, hope its good :cool:

4. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

I read halfway through you play as Dante.

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I may look into getting myself a japanese ps2 eventually just so I can play this... it still kills me that I only got to play it for a half-hour:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cD_VSEm__s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cD_VSEm__s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

It goes through a lot of the actual manga, you actually get covered in blood as you kill enemies, and you get to use Isidro, Serpico and Schierke as supporting characters.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Stores didn't have them yesterday...weakness.

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Yeah. I just got mine at lunch. I am going to get so many style points. I really love the fact that this game is a bunch of awesome battles. I played the demo and cannot wait to get home to play this. 4:30 can't come fast enough.

I heard you only play as Dante a third of the game though and cannot go through Nero's parts with him. You can switch Dante's styles on the fly, which is cool. You only get three new weapons with him. This sounds like a drag, but hopefully Nero will be cool enought to keep me entertained.

8. mlwoo

Got it yesterday.

Definitely not as good as 3.

Haven't gotten to Dante yet, but there is only so much you can do with the Devil Arm. Hope you get more upgrades or something.

I also don't like the bad guys as much as in 3. Those grim reaper looking guys were sweet with their sicles. Now you have to dight grasshoppers with blades for legs??? And flying knives????

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying it and the story is good so far, but it isn't up to "top five games of all time" like 3 was.

9. EssTooKayTD

I'm with you on what you are saying. I do, however, like the large boss fights. The graphics, especially during those parts, are just incredible for a console game.

I'm not too far myself either. I actually can't remember where I left off...maybe after the snake plant boss.

I rarely find enough time to rev my sword up. I don't shoot much. I just grab enemies, slash em up, and grab them some more. Then again, i'm playing on "automatic." I play to run through it once just to see it, then go back and really try and play it.

For me, the boss fights alone have made the game worth it so far.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Would seem odd to bother doing that with Motor Storm, as it seems that if you buy a PS3, you're automatically going to have Motor Storm also.. but maybe I am wrong. Did they sell a PS3 without it?

11. Nero

Nero Member

Ummm... Hello?

12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Only the 80GB PS3 has MotorStorm bundled in. Plus, I think PS3s in Europe and Japan never had the game bundled in (outside of special bundles). If they're going to make a GH list, the games will probably more or less apply to every region.

I'm not sure if this was announced before or after I made that post, but Sony will be putting out some PS3 GH games in Japan in March. Resistance, Folklore, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ridge Racer 7, and a Gundam game are all apart of the program. They made a statement that Europe will likely be getting one soon as well (didn't mention US, but I'm assuming there are plans there as well).

13. mlwoo

I don't shoot much either. The gun is too weak and the charge shots take too long.

I haven't tried yet, but can you jump on down enemies and ride them shooting like in DMC3?

14. EssTooKayTD

I haven't been able to yet, and there was a cutscene where Nero did it. who knows...but I'm Dante now, so maybe I didn't unlock it.

15. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

Is this game better or turok ?

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes. I didn't really like Turok because the aiming sucks. It's not as fluid as other shooters.

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

I'm on level 15 right now and the game is meh. 6.5 out of 10 imo.

DMC3 is much better than DMC4. The bosses in 3 is more creative and fun to fight. The bosses in 4 are just...eh...sub par. In 3, you have to figure out how to kill them. In 4, you can just run up to any boss and hack away for victory. One boss fight was hard so far, but that boss was very cheap too.

It's hard adjusting to Dante after playing with Nero. I thought it would be weak to play as Nero, but I actually prefer him over Dante. The game is too noob friendly. What made 3 great is the difficulty and strategy involved. In this version, there is the auto feature which turns the game into a button masher. Human mode = super duper easy, you could probably beat it blind folded. Haven't tried the normal mode yet, I wanted to finish on easy to build up my orbs/etc.

The cool new features is Nero's devil arm and on the fly weapon switching with Dante. Oh right......where the *** are the puzzles? This game is more linear than 3. At least in 3, you had some puzzles you had to figure out to get through a stage. The level design, enemies, boss, even story is a step below three. I'm not sure if this game was rushed or their just milking 4 because they knew it would sell since it's their first next gen entry.

ANyways, hopefully 5 will replace 3 as the best DMC game.

DrexlerFan - You can buy a boot loader or whatever it's called for the ps2 to play imports. I was considering a Japanese ps2 also. I definitely want to pick up Berserk, Initial D and Hokuto No Ken.

18. Drexlerfan22

Well, that's what I would do, but since I only have a PS3 and I don't think they have boot loaders for the PS3 (do they?), I may as well just spring for the Japanese PS2. It's only marginally more expensive than buying an American PS2 and a boot loader.

And yeah, besides Berserk I definitely want Hokuto No Ken and Tobal 2.

19. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Didn't that come out for the Dreamcast?

20. Drexlerfan22

No. There was a Berserk game for the Dreamcast, yes (I still have it in fact), but it's not the same game. The PS2 one actually covers events in the manga, and besides that is just a better game, plain and simple.