1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] McGrady has faith in Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

this thread proves how ridiculous the tmac hate has gotten in this board.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

McGrady said the Rockets' 111-107 victory Tuesday "was inspiring, just a great team win."

"I thought they played extremely well, even though they had a breakdown in the fourth quarter and let those guys come back, they still went to their main guy and Yao (Ming) had a phenomenal game and just dominated all the way around," McGrady said. "We came out with a win.

"We're playing well. We can't worry about (the standings). We have to take care of our play night in (and) night out. We can't control that. The only way we can is we keep winning."

i guess he shouldn't praise his teammates either :rolleyes:

3. superx

superx Member

This time,I believe he can achieve what he said.

4. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I know I heard of the comments somewhere, but could you please attach the link next time? thx.

5. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i agree with his take. :cool:

6. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

If anyone should 'JSTFU' it's you. Tell me, how do you want him to respond to that question? Did you even think about that before you started spewing your crap?

Your T-Mac hate has gotten so stupid and out of control, you take every oppurtunity to bash him the moment he opens his mouth. Quite frankly, your crap is getting really old.

7. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Faith sounds like a "first step" to me. :)

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Exactly....getting Tmac to buy in is tantamount to making a run.

DD

9. rocketsmetalspd

In regards to T-Mac, I have come to realize since he has been a Houston Rocket is that I will believe it when I see it.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Its nothing new, the GARM needs someone to hate, last couple of years it was JVG and now it's T-mac, same attitude same nitpicking everything that's said, different person.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I have no doubt we will win around 50 games and make the playoffs barring any serious injuries to Yao or Tmac. But can this team go deep in the playoffs past the 2nd round with Alston at PG, Tmac chucking up jumpers, and Yao getting officiated like he's Usama? No.

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

It's a lot of people here... It's pretty ridiculous.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, not that there was much in the article to chew on, anyway. "We'll get there. I have faith."

Greeeeaaaaat. Every year it's something else. Right or wrong, sometimes you just give up on someone when it's one thing after another. Every time there's a whiff of trade-Tracy rumors floating about, he winds up on IR, or gets sick, or talks about the importance of this team to him. Then he goes home and plays X-Box.

Am I being unfair? Maybe. But for $19 million a year, shouldn't we have more of a warrior, rather than someone waiting to finish out his contract so he can go play baseball?

14. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

And we see what happened with JVG. I hope TMac doesn't go the same way. Even more reason to give props to Rafer. Most players would have said screw this city.

15. Jelle

Jelle Rookie

Osama and Bush are the best of friends so i guess this is all love for T-mac.

Seriously though, T-mac is supposed to have faith and everybody on the team should have it even if fans don't. We all know how the Rockets proved the fans wrong in 1994 after they lost 2 @ home against Phoenix. I loved the fact Maxwell and to a certain extent Olajuwon blamed the fans for not having their back. After they came home 2-2 it was all love again.

Go Rockets, prove the fans (not all of them) wrong that you can do it.

I personally have faith they can make it but they have to step it up even more and no more losses to bad teams. If they do that and take care of games on their home court there's hope.

16. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Dear Tracy, you are such a "MAN" that I hate and love at the same time.

Please realize it and be realistic.

No STEVE FRANCIS, Rocket will stop at 7th game of first round, even it can make into the playoff.

Talk to Adelman to let SF play with you and start building the chemistry.

17. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Hell yea I have faith.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

are u serious? if francis plays, whose minutes are u gonna cut? alston? no, he runs this team better than anyone. brooks? no, he penetrates and finishes than steve right now and he has a legit shot. head? no, b/c head can shoot.

it's a bad situation for steve. i really want steve to play too, but he's not going to help us this year. we have too many people at the guard position and the 3 i mentioned have played well enough. u can't split minutes every game b/c those players are not going to get in a consistent rhythm.

in the back of my mind, i really wished we didn't sign steve or james just so brooks could have played so much earlier. u know what i mean? but hopefully something good will happen for steve. if not in houston, maybe somewhere else. he still has game left (when in shape and healthy) and he should be given that chance to perform. like i said, he has done great things for this organization and i wish the organization will treat him well after the season (b/c i don't think he'll play much this season)

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I wonder what would they say if he said no I don't think we can make the playoffs.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Tmac: NO we wont make the playoffs
    fans: "F#@%#!% MCLADY QUIT ON TEAM!!!one1"