1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling all Jazz fans!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Jan 11, 2002.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

If you're a Jazz fan, and you're reading this, I personally invite you to hit that little "register" link up there and jump into the fray of the best damn sports fan site....period! I've been to the Jazz board at realgm (formerly Jazzfanz.com). There are some pretty good posters over there, but not enough excitement for me...

Personally, I think that a Jazz fan or two would liven this place up a little bit. Although Nuggets and Bulls fans are nice to have around, those two teams just don't provide that intensity and the sheer....the sheer.....ok, I'll say it, the sheer <font color ="red">HATRED</font> that the Utah Jazz bring out of each and every Rockets fan.

As for the Rockets fans reading this, you may now warm up your flamethrowers :)

2. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

if you want, i can make you hate denver too.

3. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Jazz fans= Mormons =BORING

4. Houstone

Houstone Member

No JazzHoles!!

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

A Train - Keep those comments to yourself. We dont want this place flooded with JazzHole fans. They are welcome to come, but dont call them out and make them go crazy.

6. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Last I heard, more than half the population of Salt Lake City is non-Mormon. Besides, just because you don't smoke, drink or do drugs, doesn't mean you are boring. Mormons have very strong church basketball leagues. My guess is you don't think basketball is boring.

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Our first Jizzz fan?

8. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

No, stupid. What exactly did I say in my post that would indicate that?

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Kinda like Rucker-East...huh?!?!:D

I've gotta give this sentence a lot of consideration to replace my current 'tybrave' signature.

Hmmmm...maybe maybe no...

10. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Boomboom, if it gives you some sort of satisfaction, feel free!

11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

It was just a great line.:)

Anyways, I couldn't change my sig to reference Morman basketball leagues...it just doesn't compete with the possibility of Vince Carter becoming a Rocket!:D

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Hey guys... guess what?

I'M MORMON...!

Contrary to popular belief, all Utahn are NOT Mormon and all Mormons are NOT Jazz Fans.

I won't go as far as to say that that mentality is offensive, but the blatent ignorance of some people is ridiculous. That's like saying that all Rockets fan's are in the KKK because the KKK headquarters used to be in Pasadena.

I also find it funny that you don't know Moe. He's one of the guys that covers the Rocky Mountain Revue during the summer.

DH :)

P.S. - And yes, our church basketball league was extremely competitive, and not that you've ever been to one I'm guessing, but every Mormon church has a basketball court inside. (used for lots of social activities and other things, but Moe's not knows what he's talking about)

P.P.S - If you want to have Jazz fans on the board... look in the archives and read up on Dignity Bear, one of the greatest all-time arch-enemies on the board. And there's always jenna and her Karl Malone loving ways... Jazz fans have and always will be blasted to tiny pieces on this board. As they should be. Anyone who takes advantage of that to blast the Mormon church is just being another ignorant fool.

13. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Darkhorse, of all my morman friends, you are the LEAST boring! Just kidding, of course. Actually, I know some fairly crazy ones.

I didn't mean to get this thread de-railed, I thought some Rockets fans might appreciate not being totally in the dark about some of their assumptions. The morman church leagues definately contribute to BYU's consistently having a competitive team and sending a few players to the NBA. I won't mention any names, because they have never been popular with Rockets fans, but you know who they are.

14. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I am with A Train, bring on the **** fans.......
    The love in the chatroom would be overflowing....
    and we don't hate the Noogies we feel bad for them

15. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Van Exel to be traded soon.

16. Sane

Sane Member

As long as they're not here just to trash talk, then fine.

If you're just looking to say "Karla sucks", then forget it.