1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tracy McGrady's struggles at the Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2008.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This shouldn't even be an issue.....

Both teams are playing at the same venue, court....when they play.

It's not like the Jazz were playing at Salt Lake while were playing at Toyota Center.....give me a f•˚in break TMac.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow, thats pretty shocking but it still could be a Coincidence because the Rockets play defense...

I can see it too sometimes, the court layout and the seats and lighting looks completely differnet at Mavs arena compared to TC. Even if seats are filled up.

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Okay, heres 2 shots of TC compared to AA Arena. The first thing that stands out is how much brighter the whole arena is in Dallas and you don't see the seats. All the maroon stands out in our seats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just noticed the Rockets "Paint" section on the court is not even the a solid color like most arenas. :D

4. jc1988

jc1988 Member

when the players start to find excuses for their shooting problems....i lost all my respect for them..

5. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

THE BALL DON"T LIE

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

Also notice how much farther back the seats are behind the baskets at the TC than AA Arena. That is where T-Mac gets his depth perception complaint from.

7. suxx0011

suxx0011 Member

He would be better off if he would be traded to another club with a home court which won't cause the problem he claimed ...

8. Rowdie Brandon

I don't know if it's already been mentioned in the thread, but when I heard about this the first thing that came to mind was when Michael Jordan complained about the United Center when the Bulls switched over from Chicago Stadium in the '94/'95 season......I believe he hated the rims...........but unlike Tmac, Jordan adjusted and went on to perform just fine in that building........different arenas do have different feels and depth perceptions, etc, but it is up for you as an athlete to adjust............

9. Rowdie Brandon

thank you for breaking it down for ole dude, haha......59, 288, and 45 are all in the area of TC....

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

C'mon dude, this is Jordan we are talking about. T-Mac ain't no Jordan. Neither is Kobe or LeBron. Jordan was one of a kind. If T-Mac was like Jordan, we'd be winning titles already. But there's only one Jordan so we'll have get it done with Tracy McLovin!

11. Rowdie Brandon

trust me I wasn't trying to compare the two, lol..........I just tried to bring up the point that this has happened to other players before, but they adjust................I remember when I used to hoop a lot back in my highschool days and how different rec areas, parks, etc. had different rims, courts, etc......you adjusted your play, your shot, your decision making depending on the venue.......it's just another lame excuse from She-mac..........

12. ying861020

ying861020 Member

[​IMG]

McGrady's picture in Africa

13. ying861020

ying861020 Member

14. ying861020

ying861020 Member

15. ying861020

ying861020 Member

16. ying861020

ying861020 Member

17. ying861020

ying861020 Member

18. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

In Home, role players have to step up and in road, it s for the stars to do it for their team.

19. rocketsmetalspd

Cover the seats with a white fabric and bring the seats closer maybe this will help.

20. itony

itony Member

im not sure anyone has pointed this out but i personally think the SLIGHTLY higher ft% is due to dun dun dun.....JVG :eek:

His anal attitude and demand for perfection on the basics such as this would make him force the players to practice more am i not correct? and he seems like the type that would punish them for a bad ft% game with 1,000,000 rounds of ft shooting drills.