1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crawford to Francis: "Get the hell out"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Jan 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Unbelievable... if you thought you couldn't get even more upset, just read this.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/1207358

But 2:12 into the second half, Francis slipped a pass and swung a hand at Stockton. Crawford immediately hit Francis with his second technical foul, swung a finger at the exit and ordered Francis to "Get the hell out."

Team quotes will probably be coming later, as the article is updated...

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Boy I'm just lovin' joey more and more as the night goes on. What a complete jackass. Almost as worthless a human being as Karla. But not quite.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

No Crawford you piece of crap YOU get the hell out! That alone should get him fined and suspended. If a player curses at an official the official has a right to give him a technical. That idiot oughta to be fined and suspended. That's called having a big ego and thinking you're bigger then the game. We don't give a crap about you or any other official. The fact that we know your name says that you're a bad official.

4. alaskansnowman

Wow... this is just complete bullsh!t.

I can go on and on about how much the refs suck, but it's not worth it.... I think everybody has already expressed my sentiments fairly.

5. ice pack

ice pack Member

Jeepers. The refs take a lot of abuse from the players, but Crawford isn't helping their cause tonight.

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

From AP

7. Ninja Sauce X

Ninja Sauce X Member

im kinda shocked...does this kind of crap always happen? I mean not only is Joey Crapford totally classless but to tell ANYBODY to get the hell out is just plain mean. I hope he gets his just desserts.

8. Glyde22

Glyde22 Contributing Member

That's the problem with this league. Some of these older refs have these over inflated egos and it effects their objectivity. There is no accountability or recourse and the refs hide behind the league's skirt when players, coaches and owners call them on the stupid **** some of them do. The NBA hands out fines under the guise that those who publicly criticize the refs are questioning their integrity. (These are the same guys who had that airline ticket tax scam going a few years ago). What other major professional sport has officials that wield some much subjective power. Quick, name 3 NFL refs.
    You can call for reprimands all you want, they won't come and refs like Crawford won't change. As my grandfather used to say "Ain't no cure for @ssh***".

9. Old School

Old School Member

I did a search on Crawford on Yahoo. By the looks of the results he is nothing more than a flaming dick. He must really get his rocks off ejecting players.

OS

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What FU..ing elbow? There was none.....Francis is a star, you don't kick out a player for that, call a foul and tell him to stop, but don't boot him.

That was FU..ing pathetic and cost the Rockets a win.

DD

11. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

RocksMillenium:
    LMAO:D :D :D

12. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

1. Is Steve justified in elbowing John becuz John has been the dirtiest plaeyr in the league since the Reagan administraion?

2. Is Crawford the same guy who hates Drexler?

3. Is Crawford as ****ty as Ed Rush?

13. Band Geek Mobster

Steve didn't elbow Stockton, Stockton didn't even flinch or flop or anything when Steve raised his arm.

It was a piece of **** call by a piece of **** ref...

14. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Joey Crawford: one hell of a ref.

Cuttino Mobley: one hell of a player.

Joey Crawford, tonight, called another great game, and screwed up.

Cuttino Mobley, tonight, played another great game and screwed up.

People make mistakes. It's basketball, move on.

15. Band Geek Mobster

Sorry Kelly, but when a ref kicks out a team's best player because of a phantom call, he did not call a great game...

16. KellyDwyer

He seemed to call a great game except for those few seconds, in which me made an awful call.

Just like Cuttino had a great game until those few seconds in which he shot and missed an awful jumper.

17. KellyDwyer

And let me add two cents to insult when I drop this:

I love Cat Mobley, love him. He's part of the slap-slap crew, easily one of my favorite players in the league and one hell of a player to watch..

But there are plenty of great playes in this league, and if I had to choose between kicking Cat or Joey Crawford out of the NBA, I wouldn't think twice. I don't have anything special for Crawford, but the league needs him a hell of a lot more than it needs Cat Mobley.

Like I said, I love Cat, but pushed into a decision? I'm gunna miss Cat...

18. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

That makes no sense whatsoever. This is a player's league, nobody pays money to see an official. The league doesn't need Crawford, officials can be replaced. I doubt if the league would die if he was gone, it wouldn't effect it at all. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure that losing the 2nd leading scorer on a team would effect it and people would notice that Mobley was gone. I hear fans talk about Mobley, and I hear some fans praise him and I hear some fans rip him, call me when after a game fans say "That Crawford he called a hell of a game!"

20. DonKnutts

DonKnutts Contributing Member

The incident that ended Francis' night was barely noticeable until the whistle blew. Even the alleged victim could not explain it.
    "I didn't see what happened," Utah's John Stockton said.