1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What in the hell kinda shot was that from Mobley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j-bone, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

Tonight, we Live by the Sword (Thanks Moochie).
    However, tonight was another example of the point above.

Calvin Murphy made a point during the game that Eddie is a post presence on the defensive end, and now we need him to work on his game to become a post presence on the offensive end. If he does, we may have found our 5.

2. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

Tonight, we Die by the Sword. See the pattern?

I just wish that when the game is on the line, Cat would drive to the ball to the basket as oppose to settling for a jump shot. He might get fouled. That's what Utah did.
    Indiana, now Utah, when will Cat get it?:confused:

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Jeez what does the guy have to do? A typical Mobley shot!? We're not even in position to get that shot if Mobley doesn't get! I mean you don't want him to shoot, you say step back and let Francis score and he did. When they needed him to step up he did, and now people are blaming him for the loss because the shot wasn't good enough!? We're lucky to even have a chance in that game!

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Well he showed tonight he's a clutch player by just playing us into this situation. People need to realize that as much as they like Francis he isn't the only guy on the team and we need to balance it out in key situations. Francis isn't going to take the big shot every game, if he did then we would have a hard time pulling it off. Francis hit a big shot against Detroit, but before that Francis didn't take many shots, he even said HIMSELF on Jim Rome show that he lets Mobley take the big shots. Now it's time to spread it out.

5. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

Let's be clear.

I am not blaming Mobley for the loss. The team did claw their way back and had a chance for a win or tie and the end.

Therefore, why not maximize your chances? If you're going to shoot a long range shot, well step back behind the 3 pt line for a game winner. If you're going for the tie, go hard to the basket for a layup, foul or possibly an assist if the defense collapes (i.e. end of the game against NY).

But to end the game on an ISO play where Cat takes a long range jumper for two, with a defender in his face, makes little sense to me.

#45 Bay Rock, Jan 10, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2002