1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs? No way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matrix26

matrix26 Member

one of the most classless posts youll see in a while.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Just 1 post in response.

I never stated we were out of it mathematically. That is obviously not the case. I was simply taking a general look at the quality of the teams in the West and stating my opinion.

3. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Mathematically??????? one game in the lost column with an easier schedule half way on the season ????

And then say our chances are toast?????

You really don't know nothing about a NBA basketball, no playoff, no championship, no nada are secured in the middle of the season.

Pls just come clean and declare you a hater. (not that we don't know it already)

4. BrooksBall

I said the Rockets obviously were NOT out of it, mathematically.

BTW, I am not handing down the 10 commandments here. I am just guessing like many people do about this type of thing.

And it don't matter, yo, if I don't know nothing.

5. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

thanks for clarifying that the Rockets aren't mathmetically eliminated yet...most of us couldn't figure that one out...1 game back in the loss column with 40 games left...how did you come up with that?...i'm glad I have you to help me figure that out otherise I would have been up for days trying to figure out all the different scenarios the rockets could still make the playoffs.....

nobody is bashing you for having an opinion but nobody really likes fans who jump on and off bandwagons that quick...when the rockets make the playoffs and get past the 1st round, you will be on the bandwagon pretending like you have been behind this team since the beginning of the season...personally, these type of fans make me sick...
    if you call yourslef a rockets fan, then act like one and have some faith instead of trying to argue why you think the Rockets won't make the playoffs...argue that they will make the playoffs...
    thats how you spot a fan from a hater.....

they have won 8-10....they look pretty damn good to me!!!

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We will make the playoffs. The Lakers will start to fall back to the pack. With our schedule and new found talent (Landry) we will put it together and have a couple of 5-8 game winning streaks to get us back in it.

7. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I never said those teams weren't legit.

All I'm bitter about is 'fans' who suck as fans.

8. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

BrooksBall,
    With the reasons you give for the other teams making it, you can just as easily say the Rockets should make it (ie. based on talent). We're starting to see the team come together and play better all-round ball. Being behind most of those teams, obviously the Rocks have a disadvantage. But with their experience, I see them continuing their recent string of strong play and making it.

Azim da Dream

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Five teams close to .700 - Hornets, Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers
    I'll say they all make the playoffs. Even if one slips, I think they still make it in as a low seed.

Five close to .600 - Denver, Golden State, Portland, Utah, Houston.
    Houston will make the playoffs and upset whoever they play in the first round.
    Go ahead, write that down.

So, Denver, GS, Portland or Utah; only two of those four make it to post season play. Frankly, it just doesn't interest me which ones make it and which ones don't. Er, okay, I would love to see Utah not make it - but then I would also love watching us take them apart in the second round, should they squeek and and then get a first round upset.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We will win 50 games, so I think that will give us the 4th or 5th seed in the playoffs. And I feel sorry for who ever we play in the first round. I can't believe some people really think we won't make the plaoffs.

11. WesmanTexanfan

so when can we expect this crow to be eaten, and how do you like it fried? smoked? our boiled? bar bq sauce? teriyaki? just want to make it as tasty as possible...

12. BrooksBall

I hope you are right but I still think the West is too deep this year and the Rockets will finish in 9th or 10th place.

13. BrooksBall

Where can I find the official guide on how not to suck as a fan?

Not every fan has to be eternally optimistic.

14. BrooksBall

Sounds like you are guaranteeing we make the playoffs. Even if you disagree with my assessment, there is certainly no guarantee.

15. fan-rocket

fan-rocket New Member

You will be absolutely wrong!!!

16. poprocks

poprocks Member

After we beat the warriors and the jazz, then you'll be singing a new tune.

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm not sure, but I'm sure there's a rule in there that says,

"Don't put yourself on the record as guaranteeing your team having zero chance of making the playoffs when there's still 2/3 of the season left."

That is the definition of sucking as a fan.

18. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

I can see where Brooks Ball is coming from, but to say there is no way that we are gonna make the playoffs is stupid. He put Utah as one of those teams that "will make the playoffs". They only have 1 more win than us, and we play them tommorow.

19. houjianwen

houjianwen Member

EVERY TEAM HAS CHANGES TO PLAYOFFS

EXCEPT SEATTLE ,MEMPHIS AND WOLVES

20. BrooksBall

No such rule and no such guide.

It was more like half the season left when I created the post.

If feeling that my favorite team is not good enough to make the playoffs makes me suck as a fan in your eyes, so be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.