1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Barkley: Camby Should Be Starting All-Star Center Over Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jan 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, now that is a racist thing to say. I don't get it :confused: . These "fans" claim that Barkley is choosing Camby over Yao solely based on race and then those same people make even worst racial comments that make Barkley look half Chinese. Lots of true colors are starting to show now.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

their haterism of Barkley has reached new heights.
    1. these people never watched Barkley ever play, they only know him through TNT
    2. Charles is racist? his wife is WHITE
    3. goes to show that the GARM has be riddled with idiots and I actually read the Hangout and D&D more nowadays. I have always loved the GARM, but kingdom has been riddled with paupers and us Royal Members want the castle back

3. TDRox

TDRox Member

Worst argument ever. "I'm not racist, some of my best friends are black."

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Too bad he still has donkey butt hairs on his mouth, yes you do Charles.

Taste the donkey butt flavor, savor roll it around in mouth and swallow it down, that the taste of underestimeting Yao. :D

5. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Rodiculous as Calvin would say, wasn't Charles the one that said that he doesn't date black women cuz they smell bad? I mean Charles do you think that you're mom and your grandmother smell bad?

Anyway racist is a strong word, it implies hatred, but Charles is definitly an ignorant bigot. He has strong preconcieved notions about people based on their race, color, creed... whatever (you can take the boy outta Alabama ..and all that). In the case of Yao, he's soft and can only compete because of his size, he doesn't have the real skills to compete with the likes of Camby and Howard. His prejudices blind him to the fact that Camby couldn't pull Yao's dingy, anyone wanna pull up the stats from the head to head last month?

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It just shows favoritism. Camby might be having a nice year... and that's good for him.

But Yao actually earned that starting spot this year. Doesn't he have the best stats of any of the centers?

7. eatsleepdrink

eatsleepdrink Member

If you are "ignorant bigot" and have "preconceived notion" about African Americans, you'll 99.9% be labeled a racist and get fired, regardless whether you have hatred or not. You can play with the Ching-chang-chunk things or call a Chinese a Chinaman with very little consequence, but if you're careless & use the N-word you're basically done.

As a Chinese, I've seen too often the "preconceived notion" about Chinese. We are hardworking people with good technical expertise, easy to work with..... BUT we have little leadership, little creativity, little gut.....AND this is in our blood and hard to change. So Chinese are perfect middle-level guys. This is why Yao is never truly considered an elite even he outplayed DHoward, Camby, Kaman, etc.

Just call an apple an apple. Calling somebody racist is not the end of world. In fact it's hard to find somebody who is 100% color-blind. It still depends on how severe is the consequence. In Yao's case the consequence is he doesn't get truly appreciated by the media and probably gets below average treatment from the refs.

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

found this at NBA website

"Yao Ming, Rockets - His daily numbers of 22.4 points and 10.7 rebounds are definitely deserving of making the team, but as a starter over the big men in Phoenix and Denver? I don’t think so."

9. tinman

Supporting Member

hey rookie,
    you should put a link if you ever quote a website.

also, who ACTUALLY saw Barkley say this? I did. He says "As good as Yao Ming is, Marcus Camby..."
    No one else made a big deal of this statement or found it outrageous, not Ernie, not Magic.

Also, he mentioned Iverson shouldn't be starting over Chris Paul. Doesn't mean Iverson hates short guys with tattoos.

But this is the Internet where in reality and in people's sub conscience, they know they are just jealous that Charles says anything he wants cause he can and they are just scrubs on a message board, not 12 time all stars on a popular TV show.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

11. tinman

Supporting Member

why don't all of you people who think Charles is racist go to Atlanta and hold up Signs and then complain to the Chinese government that he hates them too?

At least the stupid PETA people wrote him a letter. You guys are just a bunch of complainers and do nothing to stop what you are complaining about.

if you don't want to watch Charles (Which I know the people here who read Hotballa's article DID NOT EVEN SEE THE SHOW when it was broadcasted) then don't watch it! go watch the CW or Disney Channel!

back to PETA, Charles responded back to PETA by eating a hamburger on TV.

Charles > you

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks also, please state the person who wrote this was Maurice Brooks, not Charles Barkley since this is topic is about Barkley and random brainwashed people will think Charles said that.

13. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

puhaha where did that come from

14. testmojo

testmojo Member

The hate for Barkley spoiled all over the board. Yao is starter and Barkley just praise another player in a hypothetical tone, even kids can tell it's not serious. He definitely has the right to like Camby more than Yao.

BTW just from glimpse from Denver's game this season, I think Camby played very good. Yeah Camby don't have those numbers on basket, but what if he got the percentage of shot as Yao if two go-to guys in his team step down?

15. Precision340

Precision340 Member

chuck's been known to put his foot in his mouth.. nothing new here

16. vince100

vince100 Member

Dear "contributing member" and non-complainer, you seem to take a lot of pride in your posting, so please don't embarrass yourself like this. Is Yao WHITE? If in your eyes the definition of "racist" only involves attitudes towards BLACKs and WHITEs, you're either a racist yourself or just ignorant.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

if you think he's racist then do something about it,
    write to TNT tell them because he likes Marcus Camby over Yao at the All Star game being your argument.

do it.

embarass myself? cause I know Charles isn't a racist. oh, I bet you didn't know that fact anyways that Charles has a wife. And I bet you didn't know Charles was a great basketball player.

if you RIGHTEOUS PEOPLE think he's racists, then their are plenty of ways to IN THIS COUNTRY to notify his superiors about it. Write to them.
    Come on.

ok, you didn't. and none of you won't because you know , its not what Charles said, its that you just hate him.

#157 tinman, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  18. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Even Bill and Matt took offense towards the comment, :D

19. blender

blender Member

This is my take too. There were previous years when I thought someone besides Yao could've started, but IMO Yao truly deserves it this year.

But everyone knows the All Stars is a popularity vote. There's bound to be backlash against a guy who gets voted in every single year.

20. vince100

vince100 Member

The sad thing is that you couldn't see that i didn't have a problem with Charles but have a problem with YOU. You seems to think you are more a rocket fan than anybody else on this board, and everybody else is a hater. You think you are so right that sometimes you lose your head in your logic.

You still haven't anwsered me: is Yao WHITE?

BTW somehow somewhere you lost me in your flawless logic by the conclusion that i "didn't know that fact anyways that Charles has a wife". Just precious.